First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
I have a nice little Traeger that I want to take to the fire station some days since the grill up there sucks. It weighs around 100 pounds so I'm going to make a simple ramp to get it in and out the gladiator. I wanted to know if anyone has any interesting mods with hauling their grill. I've seen some pretty cool trailers that guys use but nothing with a gladiator attached. For now, it will just be strapped down in the bed.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yes but I use 1lb propane. Nothing like what you are talking about.

Almost every weekend we are grilling for the baseball team. I just switched to a slimmer and taller griller with an upstairs to throw links and hot dogs on.

But here I am in COVID ball, middle of nowhere, field on a farm, grilling burgers across from some cows.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone regularly transport a bbq grill? 1613624750034

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I won something similar to this in a contest years ago. I used it a couple times, but 95% of the time if i was grilling from home, I was towing, so I didn't use it much. In your scenario, I think this would absolutely be the way to go. A decent rural machine shop would probably be able to make a hitch mount that had some sort of quick connect cradle pretty easily and cheaply (less than $200). Quick disconnect so you can use it at home as needed without the hitch attachment.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone regularly transport a bbq grill? 1613652956699

OP
OP

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
I won something similar to this in a contest years ago. I used it a couple times, but 95% of the time if i was grilling from home, I was towing, so I didn't use it much. In your scenario, I think this would absolutely be the way to go. A decent rural machine shop would probably be able to make a hitch mount that had some sort of quick connect cradle pretty easily and cheaply (less than $200). Quick disconnect so you can use it at home as needed without the hitch attachment.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone regularly transport a bbq grill? 1613652956699
I like that setup. The Traeger has solid legs that don't fold but I can probably modify them to make them shorter and more portable. Thanks for the ideas guys.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
If it's something like this it looks like the legs are just 2 screws each side. Just remove the legs for transport?

Jeep Gladiator Anyone regularly transport a bbq grill? 1613666891747

Sponsored

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Why not modify the grill to fit a 2" receiver on the back of your truck. Get someone to help you lift it into the receiver, install the pin, and reverse it when you get where you are going.

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee

gonejeepn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey guys brand new here! Hope all are well and staying healthy! Just took delivery (pics coming) of the JTR.....I splurged a bit as I was coming out of a truck and a sports car so......

Anyway, this thread caught my eye. I built a custom slide-out tailgating grill/kitchen in my 2019 Sierra. The enclosed pics were from my production version which I used for like 3 years at the kids’ college for tailgating (we go to most every game).

I modified the system a bit to fit onto the new Yakima EXO hitch system. IMO that is a terrific platform for what I’m trying to do, which is to carry the tailgating grill/kitchen and also other cargo box on the top rack. I’m a bit of a nut but most of my buddies say “this thing really has potential.” Again, it’s not the run of the mill but then again neither are Gladiator owners. Would be grateful for your thoughts...

Jeep Gladiator Anyone regularly transport a bbq grill? 0AC0B1B6-380D-470E-BE88-18D70E83523B
Jeep Gladiator Anyone regularly transport a bbq grill? 0AC0B1B6-380D-470E-BE88-18D70E83523B