Squeaking Noise at Low Speed ??

Eric C Stegall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Truck makes squeaking noise when taking off or rolling at low speed in parking lots. Never happens when brakes or applied. I’ve taken my 2020 Gladiator in to the dealer 3 times now and can’t seem to get the problem resolved. I have provided video/audio of the issue but unable to reproduce while on the lot. Anyone else have similar issue?

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you posted this! I've had the exact same thing start a few weeks ago on my 2020 and no one can seem to find what's causing it. Definitely only seems to be at slower speeds and after it's been parked for a bit. Same with reproducing it because it seems to go away once you drive it a bit. Interested to see if you get any resolution on it.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Truck makes squeaking noise when taking off or rolling at low speed in parking lots. Never happens when brakes or applied. I’ve taken my 2020 Gladiator in to the dealer 3 times now and can’t seem to get the problem resolved. I have provided video/audio of the issue but unable to reproduce while on the lot. Anyone else have similar issue?
Do you have a different dealer to go to? Seems like all I have to do is rotate the rear wheels and the problem would show up. Seems like it's once per revolution.

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
I'm glad you posted this! I've had the exact same thing start a few weeks ago on my 2020 and no one can seem to find what's causing it. Definitely only seems to be at slower speeds and after it's been parked for a bit. Same with reproducing it because it seems to go away once you drive it a bit. Interested to see if you get any resolution on it.
you have to spit on the driveshaft... :CWL:

Sponsored

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Yep, me too. It started a couple of months ago

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a different dealer to go to? Seems like all I have to do is rotate the rear wheels and the problem would show up. Seems like it's once per revolution.
It seems that way, but once you drive it a little bit it stops doing it. It only does it if the truck has been sitting parked for a while and then after driving a bit, it stops. For instance, when I leave work tonight, it will do it when I pull out of the parking spot about halfway down the lot then stop. It will start again as I slow down to go around the bend and out of the lot, but then after driving down the street to my office that leads to the main road, I won't hear it again until I park and let it sit a while.

One thing I did mention is it seems temperature sensitive. I had been hearing it much less/not at all when it was getting colder, then as it warmed again recently it was doing it again.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
I get it moreso when it's cold and or wet out. Last week I sprayed dri-lube on the edges of the control are bushings and the noise goes away for a couple of days. Coincidence?

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
It doesn’t do it at all when the brakes are applied.
If they are not pulling away enough from the rotors they can make that noise.

If you went thru mud it can make that noise until debris is cleared.

If the pads are worn out they make a similar noise to warn you to swap them out soon.

If the lug nuts are loose it could make that noise if the wheel is shifting as it rotates.

Or I'm wrong and it is something completely different.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CRDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Mine is squeaking too. I found the rubber piece between the cab and bed was uneven on both sides. One had a large gap, whereas the other was touching. Still trying to get the dealer to repair and it been 2 months so far. Could be off base here, but worth checking.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I have had the same noise for 34K miles. I took it to the dealer a few times when it was under 10K, and they either could not reproduce it or said there was dirt in the brakes.... Check for a broken brake spring, mine was broken on the driver's side rear inner brake pad side. But, I still get that squeaking when it is cold and if you hold the brake while driving a little, it goes away. It could be the brake spring again.. It is the driver's side rear where I hear it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Eric C Stegall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update., after talking to one of the techs he thinks it’s a problem with the auto parking brake system not fully releasing after the truck has been parked. Looks like it may be a problem that can’t be fixed. Same dumb feature that stops the truck if the driver door is open.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes I have the same squeaky noise ... noticed it a fee weeks ago. happens when I first drive at low speed then goes away. mine seems to be back deivers side.. wonder if the brake caliper is sticking.
Sponsored