Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mojave is a kick ass trim level, and I don't have one but would have loved it, if it would have been available at the time of my purchase. I can't help you on the rest. I have a "Disposable Daily Driver" that is much more conducive to my needs. I get 35-40 MPG with my DD, and a round trip commute of 40 miles. My JT is modified beyond daily driver comfort so, I just don't use it for that, no need to. I have picked my wife up at the airport twice with it, once in Montrose Colorado, to go wheeling in Ouray, and then back at home to pick her up on the return flight. I don't believe in Tonneau covers for pickups, as I've never been a city boy (nothing wrong with that tho) I've just lived in the Rocky's my whole life and throw crap in the bed all the time, and if you go fast enough, you won't get snow or rain on anything behind the cab, ha ha. I also keep mine parked in the garage, after installing an 8' garage door, it fits through now. Good luck and enjoy, and I'm looking forward to the trail pics come this summer!
Where in the Rockies? We’re in summit county.
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
If it's your first Jeep, I would strongly suggest you go rent one (Wrangler if a Gladiator isn't available) for a weekend to get the 'feel'.
…especially if you drive clients around (not asking what type of clients)….

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
…especially if you drive clients around (not asking what type of clients)….
LOL; the dude is from Vegas. Ha.

I've owned all types of vehicles/brands (this is my first Jeep) and this is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. By far.

That being said, depending on the industry, I'm not sure I'd take clients in this vehicle. The JT is somewhat of a Swiss-Army truck, but I'm not sure "impress a client" is in its repertoire.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
LOL; the dude is from Vegas. Ha.

I've owned all types of vehicles/brands (this is my first Jeep) and this is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. By far.

That being said, depending on the industry, I'm not sure I'd take clients in this vehicle. The JT is somewhat of a Swiss-Army truck, but I'm not sure "impress a client" is in its repertoire.
It’s probably benign, like Uber/Lyft. LOL, but it’s Vegas, so anything is possible.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
It’s probably benign, like Uber/Lyft. LOL, but it’s Vegas, so anything is possible.
Ha. I can confidently say to the OP (and anyone else this may apply to) that the Gladiator would be a terrible, terrible idea for a Uber or Lyft vehicle. Unless your last name is Exxon.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Ha. I can confidently say to the OP (and anyone else this may apply to) that the Gladiator would be a terrible, terrible idea for a Uber or Lyft vehicle. Unless your last name is Exxon.
I would add that for the JLU. Sold my 2018 JLU Sahara and bought the JTRD, but the wife still has her JLU Sahara. As far as fuel goes, I would not use either for ridesharing or taxi ops.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I like some of the others would really recommend testing a couple out. Even though I love mine and this is my 4th, they are not for everyone. My last jeep a JL was a manual transmission and I really didn't like it. It has an awful rev hang, the clutch is way too soft, and just overall feel not good. I have driven quite a few clutched vehicles. In the mountains it was terrible as I had to keep in 4 low most of the time. I really like ths auto. Just drive one and see how you like it, if it works for you then itll be great.

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I think #1 was answered, get a tonneau cover for the back or order the JT with one from the factory instead of trying to find one.

2. Is the Gladiator a good daily driver? Namely the Mojave trim?

If you have never and i mean never lived with a Jeep for a long period of time you will be in for a shock that's the reality. They are not quiet, comfy and cozy that's the truth. Not sure what you are driving now but whatever it is vs the Jeep your going to be in for a shock!

3. Is the Mojave good in snow?

Any Jeep can be great in the snow but also there are ton of other vehicles that are too!

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think #1 was answered, get a tonneau cover for the back or order the JT with one from the factory instead of trying to find one.

If you have never and i mean never lived with a Jeep for a long period of time you will be in for a shock that's the reality. They are not quiet, comfy and cozy that's the truth. Not sure what you are driving now but whatever it is vs the Jeep your going to be in for a shock!

Any Jeep can be great in the snow but also there are ton of other vehicles that are too!
i can’t disagree, except to say that it’s a perfectly fine daily driver, if you enjoy driving a Jeep, which I do. It’s louder, and doesn’t corner on rails, but I still love it every day. Tires change a lot in snow, a lot. Our rubicon with 3 peak rated tires does far better in snow than our other AWD suv, which by comparison is much more refined. I had to enter an unplowed driveway with 1.5 feet of snow and a larger plow pile yesterday, and absolutely would have needed to park on the street in our other suv. The gladiator did it with a smile on its face. A difference for us is that our daily drives are in the mountains, so it’s very at home here.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
i can’t disagree, except to say that it’s a perfectly fine daily driver, if you enjoy driving a Jeep, which I do. It’s louder, and doesn’t corner on rails, but I still love it every day. Tires change a lot in snow, a lot. Our rubicon with 3 peak rated tires does far better in snow than our other AWD suv, which by comparison is much more refined. I had to enter an unplowed driveway with 1.5 feet of snow and a larger plow pile yesterday, and absolutely would have needed to park on the street in our other suv. The gladiator did it with a smile on its face. A difference for us is that our daily drives are in the mountains, so it’s very at home here.
I should probably add, since I’m definitely not arguing your accurate point, that if we didn’t live in the mountains, it would not be our daily driver. We’d likely still have our Cherokee Trailhawk. Our JT was purchased specifically because of how well it handles this environment. It would not be our choice of mall crawlers. However, if our purchase needed to be a mid sized pickup, it would top the list. I hope we’re not providing more than the OP wanted.

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
This quoted texted below... this guy knows. I've owned a Jeep of some sort for the past 22 years. a CJ, YJ, Grand Cherokee, TJ, JK and now a JT Mojave. All have had their ups and downs. All have less than ideal gas mileage including the grand. All the Jeeps had tops or glass that leaked water. All had mechanical issues at some point but that's how I learned to work on vehicles.

This JT Mojave is by far the best vehicle I've owned so far. Ride quality, comfort, noise level etc... My only complaint I have is the auto start stop feature. I HATE it but if complaining about hitting a little button every time I start the jeep is my biggest pet peeve, I'm happy.

OP have you ever had a Jeep (wrangler) in the past? I ask because many people dont know what they are getting into buying one. Jeeps are not comparable to many other vehicles for better and for worse. Better off road and performance on many levels but much worse if you are switching from a car or SUV. The Gladiator is rough compared to a Grand Cherokee. Many of the owners (namely new to wranglers) complain of the tops leaking and being noisy inside. The MPG is worse than other comparable vehicles because it is a freaking brick....... I am just saying don't buy a Gladiator just because it is cool. That will wear off and then we will have to read another post about " the last jeep Ill every own"
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/last-jeep-ill-ever-own.49175/

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I hear ya for you its gonna be a great drive for sure but the OP is an accountant in LV. Lets be real he aint no mountain man.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Dear Forum,

I am in the market for a new JT. Just had a couple of quick questions to ask:

1. What do you guys do when you have to pick up people from the airport and have luggage?
Or when there is inclement weather and you have to transport luggage? I have never driven
a pickup before but love the looks of the Gladiator (it also helps that its one of my favorite movies).

1. I have a tonneau cover if need be. If it will fit, just goes in the back seat.

2. DD is subjective, depending on your commute. Personally, I wouldn't mind driving it on my normal backroads commute. Commuting by highway? Probably not as fun. The Overland or High Altitude trims probably are better for the commute.

3. With the right tires, any 4WD is good in the snow. My JTRubicon got it's first snow after Christmas and it drove great. Running stock Falken A/T.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Forum,

I am in the market for a new JT. Just had a couple of quick questions to ask:

1. What do you guys do when you have to pick up people from the airport and have luggage?
Or when there is inclement weather and you have to transport luggage? I have never driven
a pickup before but love the looks of the Gladiator (it also helps that its one of my favorite movies).

I overland and needed a way to keep my gear clean and dry, as well as my Giant Schnauzer, Atticus. I chose the ARE Cap for the back. My Rubicon is as good a daily driver as anything else, especially after I had the Goodrich K02 tires installed.

Jeep bed 6.jpg

Atti Jeep 1.jpg

JT bed 2.jpg
Sponsored