First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
A warning to those that are thinking about doing it after. I did this, and the button sometimes works. its hit and miss.
Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to me...

But hat being said, my daughters renegade has it and it's sometimes hit and miss that it works.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
No, you need to replace the door harness and the handle.
The plug under the kick panel/dash had the proper 2 wires connected to it so I could add the kit.
just wanting to clarify as someone asked earlier and you said yours had the harness....

Did your Gladiator already have the appropriate wiring harness in the door?
yes, plug and play...
the wiring was already in the factory connector.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A warning to those that are thinking about doing it after. I did this, and the button sometimes works. its hit and miss.
Then you have a problem somewhere. They always work when everything is right.

We've had several Jeeps with this, including my JT which has it now, never any issues. It always works every time without fail. Always unlocks just by placing a hand behind the handle and always locks by pressing the outside button. We've never had a single instance where they didn't work.

Sometimes I wonder if people miss the button or don't press it in enough. it's not a "touch and lock" button.

OP
OP
TNBob2021

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
just wanting to clarify as someone asked earlier and you said yours had the harness....

I bought the harness... the link in original post.

What I already had in my jeep was the factory wiring to the plug under the kick panel.

Deleted member 47279

Then you have a problem somewhere. They always work when everything is right.

We've had several Jeeps with this, including my JT which has it now, never any issues. It always works every time without fail. Always unlocks just by placing a hand behind the handle and always locks by pressing the outside button. We've never had a single instance where they didn't work.

Sometimes I wonder if people miss the button or don't press it in enough. it's not a "touch and lock" button.

i honestly think its the remote not being picked up by the jeep. if i click it works. other times its sex panther...

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
i honestly think its the remote not being picked up by the jeep. if i click it works. other times its sex panther...
That's an interesting theory.
I should see how mine works if the FOB is a ways away from the truck and I try to lock it with the button. (to try to duplicate it not being sensed and see how it works)

Deleted member 47279

I should see how mine works if the FOB is a ways away from the truck and I try to lock it with the button. (to try to duplicate it not being sensed and see how it works)
ya its like i walk away from the truck and then walk back to push the button and its hit and miss to lock. i have to push it a few times. so i think its the detection of the fob. cause i have the problem starting it sometimes with the fob in my pocket.

Reactions: mog

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
ya its like i walk away from the truck and then walk back to push the button and its hit and miss to lock. i have to push it a few times. so i think its the detection of the fob. cause i have the problem starting it sometimes with the fob in my pocket.
Ah, another clue! Bet you are right.

Bpine

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Freedom Edition
Occupation
Maintenance
Too bad there is a 45 day backorder right now! Someone PM me if they have a passive entry door handle laying around.
The site said the same 45 days as well I ordered a few weeks ago and got it yesterday, less than 2 weeks.

Reactions: mog
OP
OP
TNBob2021

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
The site said the same 45 days as well I ordered a few weeks ago and got it yesterday, less than 2 weeks.
That's how it worked for me too...

I also recently ordered the passenger side too.
Should be here this week.
Not sure why, but decided I needed balance

Sponsored

Bpine

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
That's how it worked for me too...

I also recently ordered the passenger side too.
Should be here this week.
Not sure why, but decided I needed balance
Any idea of the part number for the passenger side I can't seem to find it.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I'm having a similiar issue. Wife bought me the kit for christmas, I installed it, enabled with the tazer and it worked perfectly for a few weeks. A couple of days ago I went snowboarding and actually needed to use the prox lock because my keys were zipped into my pants and it has stopped working completely. I plan to look at the fuse but beyond that, I'm not sure what could be wrong. All the doors electronics work so I don't believe it's a hardware issue. It's still turned on via tazer. I'm wondering if it might be because I only did the drivers door? or maybe my fob battery is weak though my truck is less than a year old. Who knows. Loved it when it worked but am scratching my head currently.

Bpine

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
I'm having a similiar issue. Wife bought me the kit for christmas, I installed it, enabled with the tazer and it worked perfectly for a few weeks. A couple of days ago I went snowboarding and actually needed to use the prox lock because my keys were zipped into my pants and it has stopped working completely. I plan to look at the fuse but beyond that, I'm not sure what could be wrong. All the doors electronics work so I don't believe it's a hardware issue. It's still turned on via tazer. I'm wondering if it might be because I only did the drivers door? or maybe my fob battery is weak though my truck is less than a year old. Who knows. Loved it when it worked but am scratching my head currently.

I am not sure if this applies to your situation, but my Winch mode wouldn't shut off anymore and Tazer had me install another version of firmware operate winch mode it worked and then they said to reinstall latest firmware. It might be worth asking them they seem very helpful.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I am not sure if this applies to your situation, but my Winch mode wouldn't shut off anymore and Tazer had me install another version of firmware operate winch mode it worked and then they said to reinstall latest firmware. It might be worth asking them they seem very helpful.
thanks! didn't even think to contact them. good call.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
If you order a 2022 this is standard on some trims now. Mojave for sure. Check that out.
I thought it would’ve been standard on my JTRD…but no such luck.
Sponsored