Sponsored

Add passive entry handles to the rear doors?

Dusty Rag

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone know if it’s possible to add passive entry handles to the rear doors? I always have a bag to throw in the back seat and i just catch seen to teach myself to touch the front handle first to unlock it. I have a 2022 Rubicon.

Thanks!
Sponsored

dotScratchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave
This would be sweet. Right now I only have the front doors off so anytime I want to get in the back seat I have to dig in my pocket. First world problems. :headbang:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This would be sweet. Right now I only have the front doors off so anytime I want to get in the back seat I have to dig in my pocket. First world problems. :headbang:
Now wait a minute - you have the front doors off - but lock it?
Must be stupid thieves in your area LOL

Anyone know if it’s possible to add passive entry handles to the rear doors? I always have a bag to throw in the back seat and i just catch seen to teach myself to touch the front handle first to unlock it. I have a 2022 Rubicon.

Thanks!
Nope. It's not offered on any model of Jeep, not even Grand Cherokee. So they aren't set up for it, and there's no wiring harness, etc. to handle it.
Even the best Wrangler only has front doors and rear gate on passive entry - not the rear doors because all you have to do is reach over with your left hand and touch behind the front door handle and bingo, the rear door is also unlocked.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Actually I read that you should lock the Jeep when it's parked with the doors off.
Something about it activating some theft deterrents. I never researched it any further though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dusty Rag

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator

Nope. It's not offered on any model of Jeep, not even Grand Cherokee. So they aren't set up for it, and there's no wiring harness, etc. to handle it.
Even the best Wrangler only has front doors and rear gate on passive entry - not the rear doors because all you have to do is reach over with your left hand and touch behind the front door handle and bingo, the rear door is also unlocked.
I just can’t remember to touch the driver door handle first. Definitely agree it’s easy to do. Just not easy to remember. I’ll live I guess. Thanks for the replies!

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Technically you if the front handle fits the rear, than run 2 wires and splice it into the front handle wires at the door harness.

Edit: According to the photo. F/R handles might be the same. Fitment wise.

IMG_0771.png

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
Another issue is if your driver’s door only unlocks that door. With mine, the driver’s door only unlocks the driver’s door. The rest remain locked. The front passenger door unlocks all of the doors. And yes, it is a very first world problem but it’s one of those details that Jeep skipped that would make things a lot more convenient.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Another issue is if your driver’s door only unlocks that door. With mine, the driver’s door only unlocks the driver’s door. The rest remain locked. The front passenger door unlocks all of the doors. And yes, it is a very first world problem but it’s one of those details that Jeep skipped that would make things a lot more convenient.
That should be a setting in Uconnect. Mine unlocks everything and I'm pretty sure I set it that way.

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
I’m sure it is. I almost posted that I understood that it is a setting and can be changed. However, I prefer that security over always unlocking all of the doors every time I unlock the drivers door. While I think any uninvited guests would quickly regret their choices I’d prefer not to have that as a possibility.

Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired

It is on
My 2023 Grand Cherokee ltd

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

I believe it is if you look at the Lux Tech Group II on a Grand Cherokee LTD.
Jeep Gladiator Add passive entry handles to the rear doors? 1683159567056

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it is if you look at the Lux Tech Group II on a Grand Cherokee LTD.

Ah, then they've either changed things, or added a package.
My wife always got the most "automatic" type stuff she could and if she could have gotten that, she would have.
OK, current offerings I am corrected.

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
JSCAN has option to enable passive entry on all doors as long as it has smart handle & wired, i'm sure Tazer has also.
It maybe pre-wired who knows,
To test if the rear doors are wired or not, you can test by swapping one of the handles & door wiring harness.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My understanding is the drivers door default of only unlocking initially the drivers door is a personal security feature. Basic premise is the alone person needing to get in their vehicle quick to get away from some perceived personal threat from others and not having the other doors available for entry.
Sponsored