Sponsored

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
So I did this install on mine a year ago and have never been able to get the passanger side to work. Driver's side works fine. Using a Tazer rather than Jscan to enable passive entry. Has anyone ever had this problem before and have a solution?
When I first installed mine, my passenger side wasn't working then I noticed 1 of my pins was bent ever so slightly in the footwell (must be from constantly taking doors off/on). I straightened it and it worked. Maybe it's that simple of a fix?
Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I'm still waiting for some genius to figure out how to make one of these work for the tailgate handle.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
I'm still waiting for some genius to figure out how to make one of these work for the tailgate handle.
That would be nice

NinaFox317

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Business Consultant
So I did this install on mine a year ago and have never been able to get the passanger side to work. Driver's side works fine. Using a Tazer rather than Jscan to enable passive entry. Has anyone ever had this problem before and have a solution?
Yep, I had to flip the magnet on mine and it worked! Unfortunately, I stripped the bolt that holds the handle in place so now I have to replace that entire bracket. Good times!

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yep, I had to flip the magnet on mine and it worked! Unfortunately, I stripped the bolt that holds the handle in place so now I have to replace that entire bracket. Good times!
Well, atleast it worked, sorry to hear about stripping the bracket

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I don't have Jscan. In Alfaobd, it's under- CBC Features: PE Auto-Relock Feature Enabled
As the book describes, if you read the handle and it unlocks but it doesn't detect that you opened a door, it will relock in 30 seconds assuming it was a mistake.

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Passive Entry - Favorite Mod so far

This was by far the easiest step by step mod I've done so far. I ordered the complete kit from Allmoparparts.com and it arrived in4 days. I won't condemn you to my horrible video skills so I'll link the exact video I used and I didn't come across a single snag or complication. Total install time, both doors and programming with JSCAN (first time user also) took about 35 minutes.

Install Video I used, not me btw, and if he's on here thanks again :rock:

I would say that if you can takes your doors and tops off then you can do this, take your time and it's a cinch and GOD what a comfort mod. There's a couple of pre-existing wiring that need to check and make sure you have, luckily I did so all plug and play. I did also purchase the
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner AND TTXSPP Cable Adaptor for Chrysler 12+8 Programming Cable Connector, along with a $23.99 VIN purchase for JSCAN.

Parts Links:
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventryjtbsm.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZL4LRVK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

JSCAN downlaoded from Google Play Store and in-app 1 VIN purchase for $23.99

I bought this kit and the VGate icar pro to do the programming with the jscan app. In the app store its telling me that JTs need a security bypass cable. Is that something you bought as well?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
To make changes to any modules you do need that bypass cable. Lots of info and even links to it - sold on amazon etc.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Very nice write-up and video is always helpful.
What's your total cost on this vs getting in the factory package?

Sponsored

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Very nice write-up and video is always helpful.
What's your total cost on this vs getting in the factory package?
All in all I think I came out about $350 for the kit from mopar, $120 for the OBD scanner and bypass cable, and $25 for the Vin registration for JSCAN. so approx. $500. The dealer near me wouldn't even attempt it when I asked and said they charge $175 just to turn it on if I did the install but they never had performed it and would have to figure it out. I had it installed in one evening, took my time on the first door, about 45min. The passenger door took me 20 min. So total time was an hour. Plus, I used the JSCAN to also recal my speedo after my lift and tires and changed my TPMS pressure limit, so it's already proved it be a very useful tool on a few mods, needless to say the passive entry is amazing. I carry an edc bag daily and my fob just lives in the bag. It would be my absolute first mod if I redid my build today.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
All in all I think I came out about $350 for the kit from mopar, $120 for the OBD scanner and bypass cable, and $25 for the Vin registration for JSCAN. so approx. $500. The dealer near me wouldn't even attempt it when I asked and said they charge $175 just to turn it on if I did the install but they never had performed it and would have to figure it out. I had it installed in one evening, took my time on the first door, about 45min. The passenger door took me 20 min. So total time was an hour. Plus, I used the JSCAN to also recal my speedo after my lift and tires and changed my TPMS pressure limit, so it's already proved it be a very useful tool on a few mods, needless to say the passive entry is amazing. I carry an edc bag daily and my fob just lives in the bag. It would be my absolute first mod if I redid my build today.
My '21 sticker lists remote start and keyless entry at $645, so that's not a bad deal at all.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I used jscan, AlfaOBD and other tools for many other things so don't really even consider the cost of that stuff.
I don't count the cost of my metric sockets each time I work on anything.
If you had to buy that and that's all you ever wanted to use it for, that's different.
But once you use those tools for anything else, you've removed their cost from the cost of the lock project.
I've used AlfaOBD and JSCAN for diagnostics so often, and gotten dealer shops to actually fix things based on my logs and reports - I figure they've more than paid for themselves.
I consider JSCAN to be part of my winch tool kit now because it can also raise the engine's idle RPM when winching to keep system voltage up.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I used jscan, AlfaOBD and other tools for many other things so don't really even consider the cost of that stuff.
I don't count the cost of my metric sockets each time I work on anything.
If you had to buy that and that's all you ever wanted to use it for, that's different.
But once you use those tools for anything else, you've removed their cost from the cost of the lock project.
I've used AlfaOBD and JSCAN for diagnostics so often, and gotten dealer shops to actually fix things based on my logs and reports - I figure they've more than paid for themselves.
I consider JSCAN to be part of my winch tool kit now because it can also raise the engine's idle RPM when winching to keep system voltage up.
Good point and you're absolutely correct :like:

imail369

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Freedom w/ Max Tow
Occupation
Engineer
Just installed this on my 2023. Ordered the same parts from the original post in this thread. Everything works as advertised.

One rookie mistake. I put the passenger door back together and saw a glow inside the door through one of the bolt holes. I thought to myself, "That's curious. I wouldn't expect Jeep to have a light inside the door panel." Nope, it was my cell phone flashlight sitting where I left it INSIDE the darn door. Big Doh!!!! Haha.

Thanks for all the posts.
Sponsored