Pelican BX135 Cargo Case

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Willys '23 JL 392
I've seen this mentioned a time or two on here but I don't think anyone has pulled the trigger on one. So I did. :CWL:

I was looking for storage for my recovery gear and other odd items. I wanted:
  • Secure/lockable so I could leave everything in the truck so it would always be available.
  • Easily removable in case I actually have to do truck stuff with my truck.
  • Fit under the tonneau to keep things out of sight.
  • No drilling into the truck.
  • No Rube Goldberg-esque solutions. (That's cool if that's your thing. It isn't mine)
This case ticks all the boxes.

I have it positioned between the wheel wells now so I can put my suitcase and work toolbox in the back. When I wheel, I can loosen 8 bolts and slide the whole thing to the back for easier access to the stuff.

To remove it, just pull the clevis pins and away you go. The mounts stay in the bed and are stiff enough they won't rattle or bang around.

These can be mounted sideways or on top of something if you want with different mounting kits.

Lid latches lock and the clevis pins lock as well.

The only downside I see, other than a price higher than giraffe pussy, is there aren't any divider options. I'll load things up tonight or tomorrow and see if I need to suss something out there.

I managed to get 30% off on Black Friday so that made it a little easier to swallow.

IMG_0914-L.jpg

IMG_0918-L.jpg

IMG_0917-L.jpg

IMG_0913-L.jpg
IMG_0909-L.jpg

IMG_0910-L.jpg
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen this mentioned a time or two on here but I don't think anyone has pulled the trigger on one. So I did. :CWL:

I was looking for storage for my recovery gear and other odd items. I wanted:
  • Secure/lockable so I could leave everything in the truck so it would always be available.
  • Easily removable in case I actually have to do truck stuff with my truck.
  • Fit under the tonneau to keep things out of sight.
  • No drilling into the truck.
  • No Rube Goldberg-esque solutions. (That's cool if that's your thing. It isn't mine)
This case ticks all the boxes.

I have it positioned between the wheel wells now so I can put my suitcase and work toolbox in the back. When I wheel, I can loosen 8 bolts and slide the whole thing to the back for easier access to the stuff.

To remove it, just pull the clevis pins and away you go. The mounts stay in the bed and are stiff enough they won't rattle or bang around.

These can be mounted sideways or on top of something if you want with different mounting kits.

Lid latches lock and the clevis pins lock as well.

The only downside I see, other than a price higher than giraffe pussy, is there aren't any divider options. I'll load things up tonight or tomorrow and see if I need to suss something out there.

I managed to get 30% off on Black Friday so that made it a little easier to swallow.

Jeep Gladiator Pelican BX135 Cargo Case IMG_0910-L

looks like it might work with the factory trail rail set up. Do you see any reason for not working?

OP
OP
ilmostro

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Willys '23 JL 392
looks like it might work with the factory trail rail set up. Do you see any reason for not working?
If the backing plate that holds the carriage bolts will slide in the trail rails, or another solution found to mount the brackets, It should work.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
I have the BX90R that I use as a “foot locker” on my Rhino Pioneer platform. Really great system with their integrated mounts. I’m surprised they aren’t more popular.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ilmostro

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Willys '23 JL 392
I have the BX90R that I use as a “foot locker” on my Rhino Pioneer platform. Really great system with their integrated mounts. I’m surprised they aren’t more popular.
some prefer the Rubbermaid tote from WalMart method:LOL:

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Jeep Gladiator Pelican BX135 Cargo Case 1644434898789

The Pelican Cargo Case is VERY cool and well built. A bit pricey though. I keep in my bed a couple of these Plano 108 QT. Sportsman Trunks. The bed lining keeps them from sliding around in the bed. They fit under the stock Mopar soft tonneau cover perfectly fine. Not as heavy duty as the Pelican but for the cheap price they meet my needs nicely. The Plano is another option to consider for others like me with limited needs or budget.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
That Pelican case looks really nice, but I'm in the sub-$30 Plano case camp. They're nearly the same size and lock with a couple padlocks. The Pelican is definitely more durable than the Plano and will I'm sure last longer,, but a thief with a crowbar is going to bust that thing open just as quickly as the Plano.

That said, if I had unlimited $$ to spend I'd go with Pelican every time. My camera gear lives in Pelican cases because I know I can throw them off a bridge and they'll survive.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
That Pelican case looks really nice, but I'm in the sub-$30 Plano case camp. They're nearly the same size and lock with a couple padlocks. The Pelican is definitely more durable than the Plano and will I'm sure last longer,, but a thief with a crowbar is going to bust that thing open just as quickly as the Plano.

That said, if I had unlimited $$ to spend I'd go with Pelican every time. My camera gear lives in Pelican cases because I know I can throw them off a bridge and they'll survive.
Use some weather seal with the Plano boxes and now they’re fairly dust and water proof. For the price, Plano boxes are really tough to beat. I got a buddy who’s a higher up at Pelican and took care of me with my BX90R; I’d have honestly had a hard time justifying the expense.

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Use some weather seal with the Plano boxes and now they’re fairly dust and water proof. For the price, Plano boxes are really tough to beat. I got a buddy who’s a higher up at Pelican and took care of me with my BX90R; I’d have honestly had a hard time justifying the expense.
Yeah, all my Planos are sealed. $10 bulb seal from Home Depot does 2 cases. The inside of those cases is the only place on my Jeep that isn't covered in dust after a trip.

Gringo&Gun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Occupation
Chef
Vehicle Showcase
Pelican one of my favorite companies. Great customer service and product warranty.

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
I use the waterproof husky totes from home Depot they are freaking awesome I have 10 of them that I used for a cross country move when they were in the back of my truck. They have been through any weather thrown at them with 0 issue

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Nothing gets in these things for 30 bucks they can't be beat. It's absolutely dumping rain here in TN so I figured I'd show them off.
Jeep Gladiator Pelican BX135 Cargo Case PXL_20220217_155453575.MP

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Yeah, all my Planos are sealed. $10 bulb seal from Home Depot does 2 cases. The inside of those cases is the only place on my Jeep that isn't covered in dust after a trip.
What width bulb seal did you use?
Looks like 1/4” wide bulb seal will fit in the groove but I can’t find anything less than 1/2 inch wide.
Sponsored