Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Nothing gets in these things for 30 bucks they can't be beat. It's absolutely dumping rain here in TN so I figured I'd show them off.
PXL_20220217_155453575.MP.jpg
I just bought 4 of these for our trip out west.
Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
What width bulb seal did you use?
Looks like 1/4” wide bulb seal will fit in the groove but I can’t find anything less than 1/2 inch wide.
Sorry for the slow reply here! This is the stuff I used.

Jeep Gladiator Pelican BX135 Cargo Case D3F42379-C3CF-4662-AC1B-D848DCB14422

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I revive this thread since Pelican has the BX135 back in stock. Has anyone tried mounting the universal cross bed mount to their trail rail system yet, I have on order and was looking for any tips. Well I received and just finished installing just had to figure out the rail mount
Jeep Gladiator Pelican BX135 Cargo Case Pelican BX135

Last edited:

Blindjustice1787

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What do
Thought I revive this thread since Pelican has the BX135 back in stock. Has anyone tried mounting the universal cross bed mount to their trail rail system yet, I have on order and was looking for any tips. Well I received and just finished installing just had to figure out the rail mount
Jeep Gladiator Pelican BX135 Cargo Case Pelican BX135
What do you have in that bad boy? In my quest for dry storage and the ability to run a rack at the same time, I have been contemplating if I could just safely and securely mount a pelican case, or two, inside the bed. Thoughts?

Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What do

What do you have in that bad boy? In my quest for dry storage and the ability to run a rack at the same time, I have been contemplating if I could just safely and securely mount a pelican case, or two, inside the bed. Thoughts?
I used Pelican BX135 and their universal mount so I could still use my soft tonneau and with slight modification to the mount kit my trail rail system

OP
OP
ilmostro

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Willys '23 JL 392
I keep all my recovery gear and tools in mine. Still have some space left over.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Same recovery, tools, air compressor and even a 1 1/2 ton floor jack all fits great

Blindjustice1787

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Are you using just the case though, or are you running a cover as well?

I am curious about these saddle mount cases as well, because they can be roof or saddle mounted!

Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
how did you have to modify?
I used the universal cross bed mount and instead of using the piece that is used to clamp under the bed rail I just bought stainless washers and ground off enough on one side so it would fit the slot and also bought 10 mm by 1 1/2 bolts to fit in the washers. Then used the mount as designed it was a little tough getting a wrench into the rail to hold the bolt and could have used t slot nuts from Amazon but wanted to make it as hard as possible for someone to try and remove in a hurry

OP
OP
ilmostro

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Willys '23 JL 392
Are you using just the case though, or are you running a cover as well?

I am curious about these saddle mount cases as well, because they can be roof or saddle mounted!
I have the Mopar soft rolling tonneau. One of my criteria was that the storage had to fit under that. Out of sight, out of mind.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I've seen this mentioned a time or two on here but I don't think anyone has pulled the trigger on one. So I did. :CWL:

I was looking for storage for my recovery gear and other odd items. I wanted:
  • Secure/lockable so I could leave everything in the truck so it would always be available.
  • Easily removable in case I actually have to do truck stuff with my truck.
  • Fit under the tonneau to keep things out of sight.
  • No drilling into the truck.
  • No Rube Goldberg-esque solutions. (That's cool if that's your thing. It isn't mine)
This case ticks all the boxes.

I have it positioned between the wheel wells now so I can put my suitcase and work toolbox in the back. When I wheel, I can loosen 8 bolts and slide the whole thing to the back for easier access to the stuff.

To remove it, just pull the clevis pins and away you go. The mounts stay in the bed and are stiff enough they won't rattle or bang around.

These can be mounted sideways or on top of something if you want with different mounting kits.

Lid latches lock and the clevis pins lock as well.

The only downside I see, other than a price higher than giraffe pussy, is there aren't any divider options. I'll load things up tonight or tomorrow and see if I need to suss something out there.

I managed to get 30% off on Black Friday so that made it a little easier to swallow.

IMG_0914-L.jpg

IMG_0918-L.jpg

IMG_0917-L.jpg

IMG_0913-L.jpg
IMG_0909-L.jpg

IMG_0910-L.jpg
looks pretty rugged, so you had to drill the side rails to attach those swing away hold downs i assume...

Blindjustice1787

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Nope. They clamp on. No drilling.
Are you using the same case as @Commodus? The cross bed one, that is? My Gladiator has not arrived, so I cannot go measure it, but I am wondering if the side mount containers like the BX50 and BX 80 would fit between the tailgate the the wheel well. The BX50 17.3'' while the BX80 is 25'' wide.

I am also wondering if there is a way to secure them to the Molle Panels that would allow security, more versatility, and still make it relatively reasonable to remove the container when desired.

Do you think these containers will hold up sitting in the bed of the truck NOT under a cover? We used Pelican cases in the desert for years without issue, so I would imagine these would be no different, minus perhaps a little color fad with time.
Sponsored