• Watchers 14

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I know the feeling. I have recently watched Greenway Dodge service department drop about 8 notches in service. At first when I started going it was great then the last 2 times was beyond bad. Having me sit in the waiting room close to 7 hours without a single word from a rep. Totally different from the year prior. The rep would text me and come over and ask me if I needed anything, if I would prefer an uber or rental. Not sure what happened but these domestic dealers now have imported pricing with old level piss poor service, the last time I called the rep on the phone convo was like pulling teeth. I need to go in for a recall but man I dread having to sit in that waiting room anymore.
Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I hate to hear this because I really enjoy my truck despite a few little niggling issues. No other vehicle even comes close to the joy this one’s brought me. It’s a shame that you had to endure that experience and that it ruined what for many of us has turned out to be a wonderful truck. I hope the new vehicle and dealer serve your needs better. . .

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I know the feeling. I have recently watched Greenway Dodge service department drop about 8 notches in service. At first when I started going it was great then the last 2 times was beyond bad. Having me sit in the waiting room close to 7 hours without a single word from a rep. Totally different from the year prior. The rep would text me and come over and ask me if I needed anything, if I would prefer an uber or rental. Not sure what happened but these domestic dealers now have imported pricing with old level piss poor service, the last time I called the rep on the phone convo was like pulling teeth. I need to go in for a recall but man I dread having to sit in that waiting room anymore.
Greenway is right around the corner from me, but I bought from Central Florida out near my office. Had good experiences with them, they set up Uber back to the office for one drop off appointment, set up rental when it needed to stay overnight for warranty work. They gave me 2 oil changes on top of the 3 from Jeep Wave, I still have one left, was planning to start using Greenway more since they're so close, but maybe not now.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Greenway is right around the corner from me, but I bought from Central Florida out near my office. Had good experiences with them, they set up Uber back to the office for one drop off appointment, set up rental when it needed to stay overnight for warranty work. They gave me 2 oil changes on top of the 3 from Jeep Wave, I still have one left, was planning to start using Greenway more since they're so close, but maybe not now.
So funny how I am out closer to Central FL and take the ride to Greenway and you are the opposite. It all started with the TSB for steering, Greenway was the only one who would do it for me so I stuck with them. What a shame its such a crap shoot. If you have ever had service in Lexus or any other higher end dealership its so night and day. I hate the argument well those cars are different as the pricing is no longer that much different.

Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
It's somewhat interesting, watching this happen, as we just had a similar issue with a friend that was in, from out of town.

Their Wrangler had an electrical issue that popped up, mid-trip, and while they were able to get here, there was some concern about getting home. (Several of their lights stopped working) When they got here, they contacted their dealership, about getting it repaired.. and were told they'd have to have it for about 2 weeks for 'diagnostic purposes', and couldn't supply them with a rental in the meantime, AND on top of that, they couldn't even get them into the shop, for 3 weeks. So, they'd be out of a vehicle for 5 weeks, with no replacement.

When they inquired about their Jeep Wave program, and vehicle rental, they were basically told that the global supply chain issues, and lack of employees, kept them from being able to provide loaners... When he mentioned just being provided one of the used vehicles on the lot, they again told him to 'deal with it'.

Since they were going to be here, in town, for a few days, I actually suggested they contact our local dealership, and see if they could have the issue looked at, locally, before returning home.

Instead of calling, they actually drove it down to our local dealership, and asked if they could just drop it off for a few days, just in case someone had some time to look at it. Instead, they offered to take it in, right then and there, and run some diagnostics on it, and see if they could find out what was going on.

He agreed, and we went out to lunch.

Within 30 mins of us sitting down to eat lunch, he got a call from our dealership, who told him he was all ready to go. Apparently they found something that was installed incorrectly from the factory (I believe it was a relay that connects the CANBUS system?) and due to it reading an incorrect voltage, it disabled the CANBUS system.. again, I didn't get into it too much, since it's not my vehicle.

Regardless, 45 mins or so, to find and fix an issue under warranty, and they were up and running, and repaired... vs the 5 weeks his local dealership quoted him...

Unfortunately for Stellantis, and every other manufacturer, the only real experience customers have, is with their local dealerships.. and all it takes, is 1 bad experience to drive a customer away, permanently. Luckily, my friend now realizes that his local dealership is worthless, and will be taking it to another one about 20 miles away from him... but still, can you imagine how much he'd bad mouth Jeep, after that experience, had he not had access to a great dealership?

Of course, the opposite can be true, as well... our local Jeep Dealer, also has a sister Kia dealership, which bent over backwards trying to help us, when our Kia Soul had an engine blow up (60k miles).. Kia's corporate HQ didn't do anything to help us, in fact, they claimed that since we didn't have all of our oil changes done at the same dealership, that our warranty claim was going to be denied. Only after fighting with Kia, over this, for nearly a month, did Kia finally relent and agree to replace the engine.

However, the replacement engine came in, non-working out of the crate...in fact, it took them 5 engines, to finally get one that worked... by then, I had already worked out a deal with the dealership's leadership, to trade in my Kia Soul, for full value, and I replaced it with a lightly used Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. (which was then traded in, for the Gladiator, last year)

... and that was all because Kia Corporate wouldn't even cooperate with the dealership... so, yeah.. it can work both ways.

I honestly expect this situation the OP posted about, was potentially a combination of a worthless dealership, not helping Stellantis.. and vice versa. It's unfortunate, because it means the OP will probably never own another Jeep product.. BUT, at least they have a vehicle that makes them happy, now.

Best of luck to the OP, and happy trails :)

~ Casp

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
After so many failed attempts by Jeep - in their customer service and service department - we got rid of our Jeep Gladiator Overland Edition. We actually loved the vehicle - however the service department ruined our experience for us. Gainesville Jeep has the absolute worst customer service. It starts with the General Manager Marvin, to the front desk receptionist, all the way to the service people who think we are there for their convenience and anything for us is an inconvenience.

Enough about that - the Jeep seemed like a vehicle we wanted to love - but couldn't. We had no confidence in the vehicle, the service department or Jeeps commitment to their customers (as it states on their webpage).

@JeepCares - you never really did anything for us. While our jeep was having it's engine replaced we asked you for a rental car - you did nothing for us - you didn't even attempt to expedite getting one from the dealership. Our Jeep was in service for 30 days - my wife had to write a letter to get us/her a rental. We heard every excuse in the book. Everyone with Jeep has made our purchase and ownership a complete waste of money and time for us. Literally everyone with jeep.

And just to conclude this rant - we went with a 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium 4X4 and couldn't be happier.

I know a lot of people enjoy their jeeps and really love what service they get - Gainesville Jeep ruined it for us. Not the brand - the service and the dealership.

I made this promise to Shawn in the Service department - we would leave and never come back. We are your advertisement, and you failed us.

For everyone one of you on this forum that helped me along the way - THANK YOU and Happy Easter - to the ones that want to flame my post - this is what free speech looks like.

That will be it for this forum.

Gunny
Instead of complaining on here, go leave a google review. People looking to figure out where dealers are, are more likely to use a google maps like products to find the nearest dealer then go to a forum that is international.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
My dad has said. The salesman sells the first car. The service dept sells the second car.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One comment - jeepcares is only communication and coordination. They can't actually force anyone, especially a dealer, to do anything. The dealer is responsible for loaners - or not, unless it's a Jeep wave first day loaner.
My son has commented on trouble getting rental vehicles just for business travel and such. It's a serious problem and for insurance reasons, they can't just toss the keys to any vehicle in all cases.
So people need to keep in mind, loaners or rentals aren't guaranteed, and are not always available and no, it's not an excuse, it's a real problem - ask people who travel for business. So it's very possible there was just nothing to be done on the topic of loaner or rental. I never assume as even here, even in the past, they sometimes had everything loaned out by the time I got there.

Otherwise, all it takes is one dealer to be lazy, or not knowledgeable, to mess things up.
Some are rude, some lazy, some actually don't know. (and don't always try to find out)
Others do very well. You ran into a "Stinker" to put it nicely.
I've been mostly fine with the closer Jeep dealer until the last time and apparently their smart techs were busy or gone as the guy who checked things last time was a real dummy on ABS and on electric systems. He tried to tell me Jeep ABS doesn't work under 35 mph, and that my winch was causing an electric draw - that with the big red cutoff switch staring him in the face when he looked at the battery.
I called another dealer across the county and got to talk to a tech (the sales guy I worked with asked a tech to call me!) So I spoke with a tech, not a service writer or manager, but a real mechanic. He said what I was told about ABS on Jeep was wrong and agreed, I likely had a problem with draw or batteries or IBS.
Where one brushed everything off, even blamed the electric on my not knowing how to wire a winch and had no clue about ABS, the other was polite, called and actually made sense in his talking with me.
it's a shame that Jeep can't somehow punish crap dealerships a bit more.................

Sponsored

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
The absolute worst thing about a Jeep is the dealers. I am in the mecca of Jeep dealers and the 7 of them within 50 miles of me are absolute and utter garbage. Jeep/dodge/ram would sell more cars if they could wrangle their dealers into shape. The second most comment comment to me is ”what will you do if theirs issues”? Ignorance is bliss I say.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The absolute worst thing about a Jeep is the dealers. I am in the mecca of Jeep dealers and the 7 of them within 50 miles of me are absolute and utter garbage. Jeep/dodge/ram would sell more cars if they could wrangle their dealers into shape. The second most comment comment to me is ”what will you do if theirs issues”? Ignorance is bliss I say.
This was my biggest concern about getting a Jeep. That and rust.

I've worked at a customer focused car dealership when I was younger doing everything from parts driver to service writer, to technician, to salesman. I understand the general workings of a car dealership. The tone is set by upper management and the owner. Our owner wanted to make money, but considering that we were in a small town and were the only dealer in town, he figured that being a Community dealer was his path to success. We took great care of our customers. Most bought car after car after car from us.

I think I'm ok. I"ve had my Jeep serviced once at a local jeep and liked what I saw. Though I do make sure to tell the service department that I used to work as a writer and a tech. That usually gets me honesty. Ha. It eliminates the sales pitch for the brake fluid flush at 12k miles or the Wynn's Xtend oil treatment.

I'm not going to name names yet because I want to form a more complete picture. Which leads me to something else. The OP named names. This needs to happen since most of us live near multiple dealers and this can help.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31576

Didn't you have another dealership you could have worked with? I've got 3 I'd check out if the one down the road failed me.
The other closest one was still an hour away. And honestly, shouldn’t the first one be enough?
Sponsored