Crushed steering stabilizer...

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I was on my way back from taking my mother out for a campfire hamburger last night on moderately rough forest roads, in my area there are still sections of these unmaintained roads with ice cover and I managed to find a soft spot while putting along slowly and crunch! Backup up and moved over a bit and crunch again, then couldn't turn left more than a 1/4 turn of the wheel. Had a quick look and the stabilizer was pretty bent! Anyway made it out ok. Got home, took the stabilizer off, turns out the Mojave with only 2000 miles on it drives good without it. I notice some less solid feel on bumps and never went over 50mph today. With availability being an issue I ordered the Falcon Nexus 2.2 adjustable stabilizer to replace the factory stuff. Fun stuff!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes!

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I’ve had a few Jeeps that saw some good wheeling but never destroyed a stabilizer quite like this! No other apparent damage thankfully, managed to not contact anything other than this and the control arm mount

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
time to relocate my friend. did you get the kit to do that with the falcon?
I agree with the relocate. I relocated on my JK's with the OME stabilizer setup. I needed whatever was quality and available quick in my area so I didn't order any relocation parts. This Mojave will only get a 1 inch front spacer and a 3/4 inch rear spacer for lift, up front I figure I lost 1/2 inch with the winch and bumper install. I will look into this and adjust if it works - thanks. 37's might have been better than the 35's also...

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Definitely, the JL/JT stabilizer hangs way too low. When I went to my falcon SS, I did a jk version that gets up and away like the fox through shaft models do.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Finally got the Teraflex Nexus 2.2 installed, after a very quick drive I am happy as I can be with it I guess. Feels better than with no stabilizer! As for relocating, not sure if it would work with only a 1 inch lift on a Mojave. Open to any experienced feedback.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
After putting abut 50 miles on this evening on the terrible roads in my area that suffer from endless frost heaving and cracking pavement I am so far pleased with the Nexus 2.2 on Medium. Tmrw I will do a hwy drive of about 200 miles on Firm and see what I think.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’m still thrown off by the taking mom for a campfire burger thing, but glad everything turned out ok.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I’m still thrown off by the taking mom for a campfire burger thing, but glad everything turned out ok.
Haha! Some of us take our elderly family members out to enjoy things they can't access in their elderly person vehicles. Living in an area where cell service goes away within 20 mins north of home, campfire dinners are not that abnormal for a change of scenery. It is especially nice right now as the ice FINALLY melts off the lakes.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
After putting abut 50 miles on this evening on the terrible roads in my area that suffer from endless frost heaving and cracking pavement I am so far pleased with the Nexus 2.2 on Medium. Tmrw I will do a hwy drive of about 200 miles on Firm and see what I think.
I found the firm setting to be too much on the road, but it is a great stabilizer at a decent price!
Sponsored