Sponsored

Continuing the earned name of "Eco-Boom"?

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Then you just got a lemon, because ford is notorious for having some of the most reliable around more so than the others.
Notice I said F350, and Focus RS. So, that would be two lemons. The F350 had over 10 active recalls when we traded it. It spent more down time than running in a year and a half. The Focus RS had multiple problems as well, including a head gasket that had to be replaced more than once, and an oil leak they never could track down in multiple attempts, and for which they finally just seemed to throw their hands up. Those were two REAL vehicles owned by me or family members, and therefore my personal experience. I owned Fox body Mustangs prior, a 1968 Mustang GT convertible, a 1966 F800, and a 1995 F150, all of which were good vehicles, and two of which I still own. Notice the dates of manufacture. Iā€™m not Ford bashing, Iā€™m MODERN Ford bashing, and with good reason, my own experience, and what Iā€™ve educated myself about on the Bronco. How many Fords have you owned Jet?
Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Obviously your just reading forums where guess what people go to rant and rave about their issues they are having or they go to put their brand on a pedestal. I'll bet if you ask 10 people driving gladiators if they are registered on this forum in a day only about 2 out of 10 will even know what your talking about. I talked to 4 Gladiator owners last week and none of them even knew about this forum. My point is only a hand full that buy are on the forums and mostly to either to find out about a issue they are having or to say I love my vehicle.

On the flip side I talked to 3 Bronco owners this month, 1 who has owned his for about 9 months, 26,000 miles, riding on 37's with the Sasquatch package, 2.7 engine, not a single issue. I work beside RTR Racing, they get a new Bronco about every 2 or 3 weeks in their shop doing different things to them.

I'm not saying they rollout wasn't a disaster because we can all say yes it was pretty bad but that doesn't mean Ford makes a bad product, that just means they suck at PR and have terrible plan Management. Like I said I've owned plenty of fords. A 1990 5.0, 2006 mustang GT, 2017 mustang 5.0, 2019 Mustang 5.0, plenty of other ones, never a issue. I actually have only had 3 issues with Vehicles I've bought. 1 was a 2008 Toyota Camry that the engine blew at 11,000 miles. We traded it as soon as it got replaced under warranty. We had a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee that the engine went out on at 1000 miles but we had issue with it from day one, got a buy back on that one. 2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU had the Transmission go out at 59,000 miles, I was the second owner so no lifetime powertrain, that cost me $2700 to have fixed. Didn't stop me from buying another Jeep though because guess what I'm smart enough to understand that there will be issues with all makes and models nothing's perfect.

I feel like you guys should be on the Ford Bronco forum bashing Ford, or like I said earlier just a little hint of jealousy there, if I was betting man that's where I would lay my money
Your experience is yours. Mine is mine. One question though. Where in the world do you get the jealousy remark you keep making from? What would I have to be jealous of? Jealousy implies that I would have feelings of envy over something I canā€™t get. Thereā€™s a First Edition Bronco, used, right now at Jim Hudson Ford in Lexington, SC. Used and they want 89k for it. Crazy money imo, but nonetheless Iā€™m fortunate enough to be in a position, via age and decent money management skills over the years, to go write a check for it if I wanted, just like I did with the S2000, the Hellcat, and the Mojave that I own. I wonā€™t write that check though, due to my personal and recent experience with my own F350, and my sonā€˜s Focus RS. That simple. Nothing to be jealous of. If I wanted a Bronco, one could be in the driveway Monday. If you like the Bronco, great. I hope yours runs 200,000 trouble free miles, and I mean that. But your liking them doesnā€™t invalidate the absolute shit experience Iā€™ve had with two totally different Ford products in recent years.
Oh, and bad PR and plan management have nothing to do with what Iā€™m talking about being a bad rollout. Iā€™m talking about separating hardtops with a cardboard matrix at their core, failing suspension components, 4wd software issues, and 2.7s grenading. These arenā€™t random, anecdotal posts here and there by disgruntled owners that abused their trucks. These are well known issues documented and reported on in multiple formats. So, Iā€™ll stand behind my remarks that Ford quality is just not where it used to be.

Last edited:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Notice I said F350, and Focus RS. So, that would be two lemons. The F350 had over 10 active recalls when we traded it. It spent more down time than running in a year and a half. The Focus RS had multiple problems as well, including a head gasket that had to be replaced more than once, and an oil leak they never could track down in multiple attempts, and for which they finally just seemed to throw their hands up. Those were two REAL vehicles owned by me or family members, and therefore my personal experience. I owned Fox body Mustangs prior, a 1968 Mustang GT convertible, a 1966 F800, and a 1995 F150, all of which were good vehicles, and two of which I still own. Notice the dates of manufacture. Iā€™m not Ford bashing, Iā€™m MODERN Ford bashing, and with good reason, my own experience, and what Iā€™ve educated myself about on the Bronco. How many Fords have you owned Jet?
What exactly are you educated on regarding the Bronco, a bad batch of valves that were put into engines on some built between May and October 2021? We got about 17 Broncos that I've counted riding around my area, and I've spoken to probably at least 10 of those owners and none of those guys or gals have had one bad thing to say about their Broncos. All seem to be pretty darn pleased, even the ones with the 2.3 liter. 6 of those have the 2.7 and say the same thing. That's my education on it. Plus I have spoke to Vaughn Gittin a few times about the ones he is building at RTR and about the tunes they have out for them. They have built at least 12 of them since October of last year, most with the 2.7 Liter engine and a couple they have swapped the 5.0 coyote engine into. They haven't had any that have failed.

I work right beside RTR Racing for what's it's worth so we get a good show of the Ford products that roll out of there

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Look @Willpower1 I'm just giving you a hard time but also trying to make you understand that just because you had 2 bad experiences with Ford's doesn't make it a bad brand and not all you read in forums is believable or a huge fraction of the over all quality of a vehicle being represented. I had 2 bad experience's with Jeeps but I still love my Jeep Gladiator and wouldn't part with it and if the mood struck me right I'd probably buy another Grand Cherokee even thought I had one drop a engine at 1100 miles. Ever brand makes a lemon at some point, I'd rather judge a brand by how they handle the situation when something like a lemon occurs rather than black ball them and say I'll never buy one again. That's just how I feel about it. If I'm treated right then I will be a repeat customer. That's one of the reasons I have only owned 1 Toyota. The Camry we had and fiasco we went through with it was plenty enough for me to walk away and not own another. The whole deal was a nightmare.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't read details, but wasn't this more of a vender problem with valves? Sxxt happens. We've got our own issues with seals, hot diesels and cams.
Vendors can screw up and this isn't a first by any means, nor will it be the last.
"Dozens" is the number I saw. Limited number, problem found, resolved, fixed moving forward. In other words, once those are found and fixed, there won't be more new engines blowing up.

Am I right........... or did I miss something in some article while we wait for some engineer to figure out how to actually make an axle housing oil seal work for the first time or wait for someone to figure out you shouldn't be using needle bearings in those narrow follower wheels.
This about sums it up, you didn't miss anything. I get that Ford dropped the ball on the whole order process but that by no means makes the product bad. Like you said a bad batch of valves on a few dozen built between May 2021 and October 2021, that's how I read it as well. Not sure why this same discussion keeps coming up in a Jeep Gladiator Forum, it's like people gotta find a reason to love their Jeep Gladiators by hating on something that really isn't even in the same market. I've said it before, if I was looking to by a Jeep Wrangler then The Bronco would be a direct competitor to what I'm looking for. I don't see a bed on the rear of the Bronco and I need a truck and that's why I'm keeping the Gladiator and the Bronco would be out. Now for a nice second or third Vehicle the Bronco would be a pretty nice addition.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Iā€™ve only had one ford once in my lifetimeā€¦ it was 2012 f150 fx4 ecoboost. Left me on the side of the road several times and almost got me killed once by going into limp mode, in the rain while passing a semi on a two lane highway with traffic coming.
after that I got into Jeeps and been happy since.

I will definitely say ford isnā€™t a bad brand and all things humans make have problems one way or another.

I just make dueā€¦ enjoy what ya gotā€¦ laters šŸ‘‹šŸ»

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
As I said, a dyed in blue Ford guy, and really wanted to love the Bronco, psyched by its return. After my experiences with my Eco-Boom, seeing the engine selections available for the Bronco, I bought a Gladiator. I'm shocked at how much I love it. It's funny too being an avid motorcyclist, and the support in that family, to have that with a cage is just as fun. I was thinking yesterday, what is the most easily identified and iconic vehicle on the road today. I gotta say JEEP!

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I don't get why the 2.7 in the Bronco is having so many issues. I had one in my F-150 and it was a beast. Zero issues. And during the time I had it I never saw the issues with the F150, or even the Edge ST 2.7 that I'm seeing with the Bronco.

And to add salt to the wound there has been a new issue with the 2.3 and vacuum issues with the brakes. Add this to the number of quality and mechanical issues already.

I'm pretty sure I'm passing on my current order. Which was just made last week and due at the dealer sometime this week. I'll wait it out for my original order with Chapman. Which probably won't get built for at least a year due to high orders and low allocations they are getting.

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't get why the 2.7 in the Bronco is having so many issues. I had one in my F-150 and it was a beast. Zero issues. And during the time I had it I never saw the issues with the F150, or even the Edge ST 2.7 that I'm seeing with the Bronco.

And to add salt to the wound there has been a new issue with the 2.3 and vacuum issues with the brakes. Add this to the number of quality and mechanical issues already.

I'm pretty sure I'm passing on my current order. Which was just made last week and due at the dealer sometime this week. I'll wait it out for my original order with Chapman. Which probably won't get built for at least a year due to high orders and low allocations they are getting.
The small engine in the Escape was catching fire, and the 2.0 Eco-Boom had the vacuum Booster issue. When the Booster failed, so did the engine?

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Look @Willpower1 I'm just giving you a hard time but also trying to make you understand that just because you had 2 bad experiences with Ford's doesn't make it a bad brand and not all you read in forums is believable or a huge fraction of the over all quality of a vehicle being represented. I had 2 bad experience's with Jeeps but I still love my Jeep Gladiator and wouldn't part with it and if the mood struck me right I'd probably buy another Grand Cherokee even thought I had one drop a engine at 1100 miles. Ever brand makes a lemon at some point, I'd rather judge a brand by how they handle the situation when something like a lemon occurs rather than black ball them and say I'll never buy one again. That's just how I feel about it. If I'm treated right then I will be a repeat customer. That's one of the reasons I have only owned 1 Toyota. The Camry we had and fiasco we went through with it was plenty enough for me to walk away and not own another. The whole deal was a nightmare.
Look Jamie, I get it, youā€™re invested and a fanboy. No problem. You donā€™t have to ā€œmake me understandā€ anything. Iā€™ve owned a lot of cars in my life, and many brands, including 5 Toyotas with a combined 445,000 miles that never had anything but routine maintenance. And? Iā€™m also in a profession that requires me to look at research on a near daily basis, so Iā€™m used to digging to see if thereā€™s substance behind what I read, and not just a mouth-breather getting all of his ā€œnewsā€ from Facebook. Iā€™ve formed an evidence-based opinion, and Iā€™ll keep it thanks. Again, wish you the best with your Bronco kid.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Iā€™ve got the 2.7 bronco and gladiator in my garage. I would happily swap engines. The 2.7 is a blast to drive. 6k miles no issues yet.

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Maybe manufacturers should stop using the word "Eco" when naming their engines ;)

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unrelated, butt funny. Told a buddy about this discussion. His dry comment: "Ford should change their company name to anal, and then think about all the model names.

Took me a minute.

Back to the story.

Delete if inappropriate please.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Several and Ford is among the most reliable way more so than dodge Jeep and Chrysler, JD Power and consumer reports will show that

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Several and Ford is among the most reliable way more so than dodge Jeep and Chrysler, JD Power and consumer reports will show that
Whoā€™s Several? That one of those new EV makers? And ok, you win. Iā€™m ordering a Bronco now.
Sponsored