Sponsored

Pics request: +6 offset with 12.50 tires on Mojave (no spacers)

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Oh snap, this isn’t “the last Jeep I’ll ever own” thread. Sorry OP

Apologetic bump.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Oh snap, this isn’t “the last Jeep I’ll ever own” thread. Sorry OP

Apologetic bump.
Yea my thread got a bit hi-jacked, but shit happens. I got one picture out of it. Maybe i can take all the money i'm saving by getting steel rims and drop it on some of those austrailian built fender flare extensions that fit mojaves and rubicons.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Yea my thread got a bit hi-jacked, but shit happens. I got one picture out of it. Maybe i can take all the money i'm saving by getting steel rims and drop it on some of those austrailian built fender flare extensions that fit mojaves and rubicons.
It’s a thought. I may get those even though it’s not required by law here. Picking up Mopar recon beadlock rims this weekend for my Mojave and gonna mount some 37” MT’s on them for DD and 35” AT’s on steel wheels for road trips

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Since that picture is of a 17x8, will these stick out further, being a 17x9? Offset and backspace still confuse me a little, but I think if it's the same offset on a narrower wheel, the narrower one will have less poke.

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Since that picture is of a 17x8, will these stick out further, being a 17x9? Offset and backspace still confuse me a little, but I think if it's the same offset on a narrower wheel, the narrower one will have less poke.
Offset is a measure of distance from the mid line. So when you're talking about putting 12.50 tires on 8.5 or even 10 inch wheels the poke will be the same, because the midline for the rim is the same as the midline for the tire.

The wheel will come out further, sure. But the tire will be the same

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Offset is a measure of distance from the mid line. So when you're talking about putting 12.50 tires on 8.5 or even 10 inch wheels the poke will be the same, because the midline for the rim is the same as the midline for the tire.
Perfect explanation. Thanks. That leads me to wonder if it would rub when disconnected at 9" wide?

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Perfect explanation. Thanks. That leads me to wonder if it would rub when disconnected at 9" wide?
What's factory offset for a rubi?

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
17×7.5, +44.45
7.5 to a 9 pushes you .75 of an inch inward. But 44 to 6 offset pushes you an inch and a half outward. Wheel will have more clearance inward.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I know your looking for +6, but here is a zero offset 703 with 35x12.50 on a stock height Mojave, just for reference. Not too much poke.

Jeep Gladiator Pics request: +6 offset with 12.50 tires on Mojave (no spacers) 1ABB7F31-7AAA-48DC-962E-9EE995B5711F
I'd call that tasteful poke, but still file under the "looks great but not for me" file. Maybe it's time to bite the bullet on the Doubleblack Offroad flare extensions, cause the world of 0 offset wheels is much wider than +25s and it looks like they would cover 0 offset perfectly.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
8", 8.5", 9" , 10" wide rims will have a different offsets to maintain the same backspacing. Wish people would say the rim width to when posting.

Here's a chart on offsets and backspacing.

EDU_wheel-offset-backspacing-conversion-chart.jpg

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
8", 8.5", 9" , 10" wide rims will have a different offsets to maintain the same backspacing. Wish people would say the rim width to when posting.
Personally I find backspacing less informative. It only tells one side of the story. Offset tells all 3 sides: the backspacing, the poke, and where the tire will sit in relation to it all (because the tire shares a midline with the wheel, you wheel offset become the tire offset as well).

An 8.5 and a 9 inch rim will have the exact same tire poke with the same offset, even though they have different backspacing. Keep in mind we're all talking about rims with almost an inch (25.4mm) difference in offset from stock (44). Even a 10 inch wide rim at +12 will have the same backspacing as stock. And 10 inch isnt a common size for 17s. You're mostly dealing with 8.5s and 9s which maintain factory backspacing at +25 and +32 respectively. And since the entire aftermarket world has seemingly agreed that +32 offset is just too much, and +25 is rare, it's not really a meaningful element.

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm running the equivalent of +6mm offset.

Factory 20x8 wheels with 1.5" wheel spacers. 1.5" = 38mm, stock 44mm - 38mm = 6mm.

I also have the wide axles. And tires are 12.50.
Price finally pushed my hand. The tactik 5's with the +6 offset I was unsure about went on sale at the same time as walmart.com's crazy kenda klever deal. Had a $50 store credit with quadratec, so the rims come out to $360 for 5, and the 315/70s came out to 435 for 5.

Your pictures were the one that let me finally pull the trigger. I may not like poke, but a set of 5 wheels and rims for under $800 was too much to pass up

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Price finally pushed my hand. The tactik 5's with the +6 offset I was unsure about went on sale at the same time as walmart.com's crazy kenda klever deal. Had a $50 store credit with quadratec, so the rims come out to $360 for 5, and the 315/70s came out to 435 for 5.

Your pictures were the one that let me finally pull the trigger. I may not like poke, but a set of 5 wheels and rims for under $800 was too much to pass up
I'm looking at the same setup @Rahkmalla - what did you do about TPMS sensors?
Sponsored