Sponsored

JT comes with Vaseline

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Ask for an itemized list of "Dealer Add Ons".

Then scratch the cost of TPMS off of their list. Ask for FULL credit for OEM wheels and tires or provide you with the OEM wheels and tires.

Ask for definition and itemization of "Custom MOPAR Lift Package"

Ask for itemization of "Custom Jeep Gladiator Package"

Look at window sticker, if hard top was included ask them to remove that charge from "Dealer Add Ons"

I would have a LOT of fun with that place and local news stations.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Seriously?
This is a dealer in Arlington, TX.

CEE69D6C-1323-4012-9FC1-6A7BFA8678EC.jpeg
Bro... they had to configure the BCM for the tire size... SERIOUS operation. So serious it's called out in that 13k package.

Oh shit - I realized it says WHEEL SIZE. You're screwed. They calibrated for the wheel size so it's like 17" or something instead of 35. Speedo gonna read REAL slow.

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Years ago a buddy of mine worked at the 4wp in Fort Worth. He’d get dealer cars in and install the cheapest spacer kit available. Total BS…but folks scoop’em up.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Surprised that after all this time, this is a surprise. There's been a lot worse posted, and that's frankly not uncommon.

They will get whatever a person is willing to pay. IF you don't want to pay it, don't buy it.
Free market.
If it doesn't sell, they'll learn.
If it does sell, they'll do it again, and I guarantee it will sell.
Contrary to what forum Jeepers wish to be true, most Jeeps sell to people who will buy ready to go, or pay to have all of that done and be happy while writing the check.

I will say though, one local dealer does that same thing for over 3 grand less - so shop around LOL

Sponsored

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
Looks like there not even using lube on that one, poor fella LMAO

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Surprised that after all this time, this is a surprise. There's been a lot worse posted, and that's frankly not uncommon.

They will get whatever a person is willing to pay. IF you don't want to pay it, don't buy it.
Free market.
If it doesn't sell, they'll learn.
If it does sell, they'll do it again, and I guarantee it will sell.
Contrary to what forum Jeepers wish to be true, most Jeeps sell to people who will buy ready to go, or pay to have all of that done and be happy while writing the check.

I will say though, one local dealer does that same thing for over 3 grand less - so shop around LOL
That and playing devils advocate here….if you look at the itemized list, that apparently includes the freedom top (probably nothing else so as to confuse a potential buyer)…so they didn’t pay $13.6k just for a lift and tires. Maybe if they threw in some Mopar mats, a ”drift” charm, and a couple rubber duckies, someone thought they got a solid deal.

In all seriousness though…the prices on JTR and JTM’s are absolutely asinine for what they are (oversized street legal four-wheelers). Looking at it through another lens…I’m sure there are plenty of people that see me rolling around in my stock JTR and think “that guy is nuts.”

Why not stroke the check for an extra ~$10k and go for the gusto? You’d be the envy of everyone in line at Starbucks. 🤡

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Bend over and bite the pillow. We're going in dry and not even giving you the pleasure of a reach-around. But you will have bite marks on your neck after we're done.

When frack drilling was going on here big time. The local chevy and ford dealerships were selling Rocky Ridge equipment 4x4's for big money to the out of state drillers. Cheap lift kits with lots of decals. Seen those trucks all the time. Now with drilling cut back. You don't see too many of them anymore.
Sponsored