Sponsored

Spied: JT Jeep Gladiator Pickup tailgate comes into better view

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
These photos actually show some decent views of the tail lights too if you look close.
Sponsored

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
why in every spy shot does it look like the front and rear door handles are so far out of line?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
why in every spy shot does it look like the front and rear door handles are so far out of line?
I think its the way the camo/trash bags are sewn. I think the handles are even but the front seem is above the handle and rear is below. At least I hope the handles are even.

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
Is anyone else concerned at the departure angle from rear axle to tray? It looks ordinary currently and prone to hangup or damage on the tracks

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is anyone else concerned at the departure angle from rear axle to tray? It looks ordinary currently and prone to hangup or damage on the tracks
Trucks are gonna have a big booty. No way around it really, without a really long wheelbase or a really tiny bed. I'm assuming the aftermarket will create some solutions similar to the AEV Brute rear bumpers with built in sliders.

Sponsored

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
Hard without specs yet, but trying to compare against current Aust offerings of hilux, ranger and colarado. To crack the market with 4x4 as it's distinct advantage, this will really be one of the considerations. Approach, ramp over and departure.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I'm guessing that there will be some sort of flared trim piece on the top of the tailgate which isn't in place yet.

Yes, the departure angle on the JT seems a bit lower due to the rear axle appearing to be shifted farther forward than the average 4-door pickup.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming the aftermarket will create some solutions similar to the AEV Brute rear bumpers with built in sliders.
I wouldn't be surprised that on whatever the Rubicon JT model is called that they do something like that from the factory.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
These photos actually show some decent views of the tail lights too if you look close.
Speaking of tail lights, with a removable/soft top, where do you suppose the high mount light will go? Bed mounted spare behind the cabin? Gate mounted spare(probably not)?

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of tail lights, with a removable/soft top, where do you suppose the high mount light will go? Bed mounted spare behind the cabin? Gate mounted spare(probably not)?
That's a good question! A trick setup could be a second rollbar mounted light that only activates when the top is removed. There are several other cars that have secondary tail lights for when the trunk is open, so similar things have been done before.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good question! A trick setup could be a second rollbar mounted light that only activates when the top is removed. There are several other cars that have secondary tail lights for when the trunk is open, so similar things have been done before.

This would look the best IMO, but knowing Jeep I it would cost more (2 brake lights vs 1) so they wouldn't do it.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Whatever they do might also need to be DOT compliant using a soft top...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yup - that’s why I’d be betting on a tailgate mount, it’s the only option that works with all of the tops.
They could do a JLish type light that mounts between the cab and bed too. I would rather see a tailgate version though then that.
Sponsored