Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I’m sure we’ll never know but I’m curious why Jeep offered the package two separate ways. I have a willys, which is a sport model, but not the “Willys sport”. I have the Willys upgrades (7” connect, rails, slush mats, remote start, all the stickers) plus options that are not available for the “Willys sport” like the alpine stereo, cold weather group, and factory tonneau. I haven’t found any clarity anywhere at all why they didn’t make a standard Willys with all the packages available. It’s just confusing, and as many as I have looked at, I have yet to find an actual “Willys sport”, everything I’ve seen on lots is the Willys by what I can tell. Maybe because the “Willys sport” doesn’t offer cold weather package and our dealers wouldn’t bother?
Willys sport is like a sport, Willys is like a sport S. Sports have manual door lock/windows, 5" U connect, and very few options like cold weather group. I'd imagine the cold weather package is just about standard in Minnesota, so that's probably a big reason why you aren't seeing any on dealer's lots.
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I’m sure we’ll never know but I’m curious why Jeep offered the package two separate ways. I have a willys, which is a sport model, but not the “Willys sport”. I have the Willys upgrades (7” connect, rails, slush mats, remote start, all the stickers) plus options that are not available for the “Willys sport” like the alpine stereo, cold weather group, and factory tonneau. I haven’t found any clarity anywhere at all why they didn’t make a standard Willys with all the packages available. It’s just confusing, and as many as I have looked at, I have yet to find an actual “Willys sport”, everything I’ve seen on lots is the Willys by what I can tell. Maybe because the “Willys sport” doesn’t offer cold weather package and our dealers wouldn’t bother?
I am confused by the two seperate models as well. Probably should've just stuck with the Willys and not did the Willys Sport but I am sure they have their reasons.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '05 TJ Rubicon
I am confused by the two seperate models as well. Probably should've just stuck with the Willys and not did the Willys Sport but I am sure they have their reasons.
Probably people like me ha, that don't want all the options, but like the Willys options added to a sport manual..... I mean, if you don't have doors, who cares about power to them lol??? We exist, believe it or not...... ;)

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club ShadeideaShadesAmazon

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210517_170822682_iOS

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Probably people like me ha, that don't want all the options, but like the Willys options added to a sport manual..... I mean, if you don't have doors, who cares about power to them lol??? We exist, believe it or not...... ;)

Haha, I honestly wouldn’t mind have the Willys Sport as well. I just meant it’s strange to offer two different versions. Jeep looks good!

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '05 TJ Rubicon
Haha, I honestly wouldn’t mind have the Willys Sport as well. I just meant it’s strange to offer two different versions. Jeep looks good!
You're good, I'm just harassing you ha. I've already swapped in the 8.4" screen for the 5", among a lot of other things, so I'm not the best example either. Just had to represent us Willys Sport guys too ?

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210805_190518710_iOS (2)

Sponsored

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
Took the Willys out on its maiden voyage today, just a couple basic ones, but fun none the less! Started raining on the last half of it and that added a little more excitement. I have plans for 37s, but wWe also rolled over 500 miles while on the trail, what a great way to finish breaking it in.

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club IMG_9571.JPG

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Want to keep your Rubi rock rails but add a step? I went with the Barricade rock rail and after one day I'm very happy. Purchased through Extreme Terrain.

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210814_182631

How are you liking these rails? I am wanting something like this that can mount on while still keeping the OEM rock rails. Did it make the installation any different leaving the rock rails on or do they mount in different places?

Flip

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Occupation
Design

Willys sport MT would be my ideal upgrade.
Coming from a 04 TJ Manual with zipper windows and no A/C.
But alas, kids and knee injuries keep pushing to the convenience of automation.

Once I make up my mind I’ll put in my order.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I just received my build sheet for my Willys 24W and it’s showing a 5” radio but everything I’ve seen on the Jeep website, order sheets, even on window stickers, says the 24W comes with the 7” standard. Could the build sheet just be wrong? Anyone in here have a Willys (not Willys Sport) that came with a 5” radio?

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX570, Model Y
I just received my build sheet for my Willys 24W and it’s showing a 5” radio but everything I’ve seen on the Jeep website, order sheets, even on window stickers, says the 24W comes with the 7” standard. Could the build sheet just be wrong? Anyone in here have a Willys (not Willys Sport) that came with a 5” radio?
My build sheet that populated earlier this month said the same thing for some reason. 7" radio though, so I think the 5 to 7" radio upgrade is grouped in with the options a bit further below but not specifically listed

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
My build sheet that populated earlier this month said the same thing for some reason. 7" radio though, so I think the 5 to 7" radio upgrade is grouped in with the options a bit further below but not specifically listed
man, I hope that’s the case. I’ll have to start all over if not. That is the way I understood it though. Was the 7” listed on your window sticker?

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX570, Model Y
man, I hope that’s the case. I’ll have to start all over if not. That is the way I understood it though. Was the 7” listed on your window sticker?
Nope

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 28602DD9-E357-4853-828B-3E8F0F65AEA4

It's wrapped into the 24W package but for some reason they've listed everything else like slush mats and the decals

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Nope

28602DD9-E357-4853-828B-3E8F0F65AEA4.jpeg

It's wrapped into the 24W package but for some reason they've listed everything else like slush mats and the decals
Thank you! It was weird when I ordered it bc I was going to get the 8.4” but it wouldn’t let us without paying $995 for the 7” first even though we knew it was standard so I just blew it off.

Last edited:

canjeep33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 WK2
Occupation
Education
How are you liking these rails? I am wanting something like this that can mount on while still keeping the OEM rock rails. Did it make the installation any different leaving the rock rails on or do they mount in different places?
Sorry for the late reply. I like them and more importantly my wife and passengers love them. You just delete a couple of the brackets on install but there is still enough support to use them daily as steps. I'll likely check and torque them every spring.
Sponsored