Sponsored

1,516 miles towing with my Gladiator, 11.2mpg

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
And again you are wrong. California has a a budget surplus. I should know because of all the taxes I pay. Also, we haven't had a power disaster reminiscent of the Texas blizzard; was that 2020 or '21? What I can see by your data is that Ca is much more efficient, but then again, more of our population lives in climates more moderate than Texas. Things are never a simple as one graph.
We have some loony politics here, but I think it peaked in 2019-2020. After COVID, it seems less insane lately. Less woke/critical race/social justice stuff going on, at least publicly. Now it's back to being a high tax, high cost place to live, which is the premium for the weather. But I also get paid more here vs. an equivalent job in any of the contiguous 48. But more importantly, I live the epicenter of the best wheeling perhaps on the planet. Big bear, Hammers, Ocotillo, glamis.

Arizona is now blue, and Texas is trending that way. Soon it'll be California jr. but without the nice weather. :)
Sponsored

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
We have some loony politics here, but I think it peaked in 2019-2020. After COVID, it seems less insane lately. Less woke/critical race/social justice stuff going on, at least publicly. Now it's back to being a high tax, high cost place to live, which is the premium for the weather. But I also get paid more here vs. an equivalent job in any of the contiguous 48. But more importantly, I live the epicenter of the best wheeling perhaps on the planet. Big bear, Hammers, Ocotillo, glamis.

Arizona is now blue, and Texas is trending that way. Soon it'll be California jr. but without the nice weather. :)
I really didn't intend to derail the thread with politics. Usually nothing good comes from it when that happens. My initial response was to let another forum member know that insulting another member's state is just not right. I personally think California is one of the most beautiful states in the country. After all, two Jeep models are named after California places! Yeah, Ca has problems, but show me one state that doesn't.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I really didn't intend to derail the thread with politics. Usually nothing good comes from it when that happens. My initial response was to let another forum member know that insulting another member's state is just not right. I personally think California is one of the most beautiful states in the country. After all, two Jeep models are named after California places! Yeah, Ca has problems, but show me one state that doesn't.
@Elff stay away, just stay away……

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Why did you insult my state? Just so you have the facts, California is poised this year to surpass Germany as the world's 4th largest capitalist economy.
I just love how you compared your state to Germany. 😂

Sponsored

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of delusion being posted in this thread.
@AmishMike thanks for the heads up. I had to put someone on ignore.
I don't play well with children who try to act like adults.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
Howdy All,

Pray tell what the fuk the politics of some nearly communist run state has to do with the mileage one gets while towing with their Gladiator. Take your trash talk to some other thread, better yet start your own thread to blather on about $hit most of us on this forum could care less about. Thank you.

Dave
Sponsored