$1000 for factory Led worth it?

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
No brainer...I think you would regret not getting the LED's, a JL rolled up behind me yesterday in the rain and the first thing I thought to myself was "damn what a huge difference". Not just performance, but looks too, without them the vehicle seems dated. But this is just one guys opinion.
Make that two.
Sponsored

Shathawk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White LE Gladiator Rubicon
Best Stock lighting on any vehicle I have owned or driven. Very nice! Took it a step further and installed a Tazer JL Mini and now my Fogs stay on with high beams.

Marx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Launch Edition
Occupation
Education
Very happy with my LEDs, a definite step up from the upgraded lights I had in my JKU.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I'll echo the crowd. I've never had LED headlights before and I'm really, really happy with them. When I turn the high beams on it feels like day time driving at night. I also get a great view of the side of the road to see deer that might be hanging out too close. I don't regret any of my upgrades and my Rubicon is almost fully loaded. It's also a lot less work for me after the fact which I value greatly. I don't have time to be taking it into a shop or to be out in the garage working on it every weekend. I got exactly what I wanted from the factory.

Sponsored

Wolfzgrrl

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Intense Blue 4.0L Wrangle Sport-2 door
my question I have been trying to hunt down an answer too, I took the LED package because I was hoping they would be the fun headlights that I have seen around that can have the surrounding color changing ability. Do the factory LED have that or did all those people install themselves?

Az Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Of all the options that came with my LE I think that the LEDs are the best part of the package. These are the best lights I have had on any vehicle I have owned. I’ve had several Jeeps and have changed and added lights to every one of them. These are the best. I don’t see any reason to add any additional lighting. Maybe a set of amber for wheeling in a group with dust or snow. The extra wide coverage is really good also.

gladiatorqueen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
About to place my rubicon order, and I really like the steel bumper option. However it won’t allow me to get it unless I also get the $1000 led light option! I have no interest in paying 1k for light upgrade when regular lights seem just fine to me. Anyone know more details or the difference? I get that it will be better quality but 1k worth it?
yes, GAWD. I seriously considered the Sport S until I drove it after dark-I knew I couldn’t live with bitch-ass halogen headlights. After I picked up my Overland (with LED package) I considered what upgrades I could’ve had done to get lighting I could tolerate. However, I’m so glad I went for it, the halos and led parking lights provide such a crisp glow and look

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
my question I have been trying to hunt down an answer too, I took the LED package because I was hoping they would be the fun headlights that I have seen around that can have the surrounding color changing ability. Do the factory LED have that or did all those people install themselves?
Those are aftermarket

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I would order the LED package - just replacing the bulbs is not the same. The lights in my LE are amazing...
x2. Either get the OEM LED or the Oracle Bi-LED aftermarket replacements. Many prefer the OEM look over the Oracle.

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
Admittedly, they are a bit expensive but it is a full set and not just headlights. My TJ Nd JK had the regular 7” units and they did suck sooooo bad. I spent more than that upgrading my JK headl, tail, fog lamps to LEDs. I truly cringed when I bought the LED headlamps for the JK but do not regret a penny.
For such a safety item that gets used every time it gets dark, these are a no-brainer IMHO. If it fits in your budget and you are like me and just never thought lighting should be that expensive simply on general principle, adjust your principles. Times change.

The difference was so great on my JK that it made me wonder how the old 7” housings and bulbs could still be allowed.

Good luck with your purchase!
I will Second this,

I spent more than 1000 upgrading my old JK to all LEDs. The halogens in the JK were awful. When I ordered the JT I just popped for it up front. That way there will be no incriminating receipts laying around in the future.... "Modern problems require modern solutions"

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
About to place my rubicon order, and I really like the steel bumper option. However it won’t allow me to get it unless I also get the $1000 led light option! I have no interest in paying 1k for light upgrade when regular lights seem just fine to me. Anyone know more details or the difference? I get that it will be better quality but 1k worth it?
If you plan to upgrade from halogen to LED, then YES YES YES, the $995 for the LED package is definitely worth it. Did I say YES? YES! lol
I didn't order it with my JTR and wish I had now. I've been swapping the halogen's for LED bulbs, and the light output is definitely better, but it's never going to be as good as the factory option. I've recently found a factory take off set of fogs for $140, and factory take off set of fender LED DRL blinker assembly's for $270, which I am extremely happy with, but still need the headlights ($$$$) and taillights ($$$$) to complete the package. "IF" I'm able to find a good deal on headlights and taillights, I'll still probably be over $1500 total for the whole package. So yes, $995 from the factory is a really good deal if you want LED's. :)
Sponsored