Sponsored

Is LED package worth it? OEM vs Oracle output?

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
HI all,

As the date for 2022 MY orders approaches, I'm getting my final details lined up in how I want it configured.

one open item is whether to spring for the OEM LED option or to just buy all the stuff aftermarket. I might be able to save a few bucks since I have no interest in upgrading the fogs since IMHO fogs are useless. LED,, incandescent, it doesn't matter.
So we'd be talking about

Headlights, tail lights, and turn signals.

Any 1st hand observations of headlight output are appreciated.

OEM vs Oracle Oculus($589) vs Oracle Hi Power ($389)

Are Oracles better than OEM LED?

Are the $589 Oracles much better than the $389 Oracles?

Thanks,

Don
I have a 2021 Jeep Gladiator with standard lights (I have had issues seeing what I would consider adequately at night with my headlights on) and my wife just picked up her new 2021 Wrangler today with the LED package. We finally arrived home tonight after driving in the dark for an hour with her headlights on. Her lights are so incredibly bright that I was amazed and immediately came online to see if I can buy oem or aftermarket LED headlight. Her fog lights were also....beautiful to put it bluntly. They significantly increased the ability to see close to middle-range distances. I hope I can find the lumen output of the oem LED lights so I can buy something close to it in brightness. Spend the money. I would if I could do a mulligan.
Sponsored

Monkey6

First Name
Korie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLUS
Get the OEM LED package. I have the full Oracle set-up on my wifeā€™s Wrangler, and itā€™s not quite as good as the OEM on my Gladiator. Itā€™s a big step up from the halogen, but I think OEM has better coverage, doesnā€™t have hard cutoffs that can be distracting. Also worth it for the LED taillights, OEM look great, Oracle only makes a tinted option which is very dim, borderline dangerous because itā€™s hard to see the brake lights at all during the day. I want to get some OEM LED taillights to replace the Oracle ones.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all again for the input.

I'm going to get the factory LED. If at some point anyone comes out with a replacement that is far better than OEM, I can sell the OEMs to cover the cost.

I checked on ebay and OEM lights are selling for about $700 per set.

Last edited:

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Halogen bulbs can be replaced with "Hyper Yellow" items. I have this mod on 3 of the motorcycles and the signage at night really jumps out of the darkness along with better/deeper overall illumination. As a bonus, a lot of cagers see me in the rear view and move out of the way. Remember the old school yellow Cibie fogs popular on European cars? I do and the ability to cut through the fog without glare or "white out" is something where I believe LED's come up wanting. Natural daylight comes from a yellow sun, right?

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Optometrist
Get the OEM LED package. I have the full Oracle set-up on my wifeā€™s Wrangler, and itā€™s not quite as good as the OEM on my Gladiator. Itā€™s a big step up from the halogen, but I think OEM has better coverage, doesnā€™t have hard cutoffs that can be distracting. Also worth it for the LED taillights, OEM look great, Oracle only makes a tinted option which is very dim, borderline dangerous because itā€™s hard to see the brake lights at all during the day. I want to get some OEM LED taillights to replace the Oracle ones.
100% agree with this. I have a 2019 jlu sport with the Oracle oculus and tailights. I also have a 2021 Mojave with Oem led. I like the oem led much better. The cut-off and blue tint of the Oracle will bug you over time. The Oracle taillights are also not near as good as oem.

Sponsored

334gladiatordiesel

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator ecoDIESEL
Iā€™ve had both. Oracle makes a really nice product, but Iā€™d go ahead and get the led package. You wonā€™t regret it.

HorizonHunter

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Anyone changed the factory fogs to an amber light? Is it as simple as a bulb change with LED or do you have to change the whole unit?

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Anyone changed the factory fogs to an amber light? Is it as simple as a bulb change with LED or do you have to change the whole unit?
I think you need to really change the whole thing, from my research.

Iā€™ve been looking at the SS3 maxā€™s.
I want to keep my factory led fogs and maybe mount the maxā€™s on my bumper, in the yellow/amber. As a true foul weather driving light/fog.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If they are factory LED fog lights, going to amber requires changing the whole assembly. You could also try getting an amber cover to put on it, maybe Lamin-x or something similar.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
HI all,

As the date for 2022 MY orders approaches, I'm getting my final details lined up in how I want it configured.

one open item is whether to spring for the OEM LED option or to just buy all the stuff aftermarket. I might be able to save a few bucks since I have no interest in upgrading the fogs since IMHO fogs are useless. LED,, incandescent, it doesn't matter.
So we'd be talking about

Headlights, tail lights, and turn signals.

Any 1st hand observations of headlight output are appreciated.

OEM vs Oracle Oculus($589) vs Oracle Hi Power ($389)

Are Oracles better than OEM LED?

Are the $589 Oracles much better than the $389 Oracles?

Thanks,

Don
The Factory LED package @ $1400 is the way to go. Also, the factory Aux switch set is a good value. I have installed Oracle LED headlights and like the light produced and operation of the lights. I have also replaced side markers, turn signals, fog lights with LED's and when all added up have about $1000 in LED aftermarket. I wish my Gladiator had come with factory LED's.

Sponsored

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Factory LED is a non negotiable and easiest choice to make with no regrets.

Just do it.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Right, canā€™t just change the bulb. Lamin-x might be an easy switch, if you donā€™t want to spend coin on aftermarket fogs.
I think the OEM lights and fogs are pretty good. I have no regerts getting OEM after spending hours researching aftermarket headlights, I just love how the OEM LEDs look and they are bright with a good pattern.

I have pics in my fog light thread between baja designs squadron pros and diode dynamics SS3 max if anybodyā€™s interested.
I love the squadrons color and output, but switched to the SS3 for my fogs because they have a sharp horizontal cutoff so I donā€™t feel bad running them in town, which for me means I use them 10 times more often.

TBH the OEM combo is pretty good, so unless you just wanna mod it, Iā€™d go OEM and add Lamin-x to your fogs if you want amber or just keep it stock.
I love lights and mess with adding more but you donā€™t need more with the OEM LEDs.

Deleted member 28696

On the LED package you wonā€™t regret getting it. Jeeps have had notorious poor lighting. I have the LED package on my 2021 JTR & it does a fantastic job of lighting the way, very happy I have it.

tfranks

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The factory LEDs work fantastic and look great in my opinion. the Fogs and DRLs are quite bright too.

KJ Jeeper

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Liberty
Occupation
Forestry
Was talked into the factory LED. Glad I got them, and factory means warranty to me so I preferred to order what I wanted. The clarity at night is amazing.
Sponsored