115 v inverter switch wiring

quikdime

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator sport
This is my first post. So be kind. My son and I are in the middle of installing the 115 volt outlet in the bed of his 2021 Gladiator sport diesel. The Gladiator came with the 4 aux switches in the dash. (Not sure if that matters). I installed the outlet in the bed. Easy. Installed the new harness under the truck. Easy. Took all necessary dash pieces off to look for the inverter wire/plug harness that is supposedly taped to the light switch wiring harness. Well the inverter switch wiring is not taped to the harness! Matter of fact, its not there at all! I removed the drivers side lower speaker. No inverter harness! I have looked through all the accessible areas of the harness. I have looked everywhere. No luck. I have gone on line to investigate other post regarding this issue. So much information based on Rubicon, Mojave models. None about the Sport model. Is there a way to make my own harness? Can I splice into the factory light switch harness to make the new inverter switch to work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Unless you had the interior inverter installed from the factory, there is not a plug and play option of wiring the bed into the interior.

Been discussed ad nauseum in other threads that there is no documented evidence that anybody to date has successfully added a OEM inverter setup to a Gladiator that did not come from the factory with it. Main sticking point is that it came out very cost prohibitive to even try it. So there is no A to Z instruction set because nobody has done it.

You have to go aftermarket and figure that out if you are wanting an inverter.

OP
OP

quikdime

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator sport
So all the videos on you tube that had the inverter wiring from the factory were on Rubicon's and Mohave models? I wish I knew that it would not work on my sons Sport. I would not have wasted countless hours and money to do what I thought would be a plug and play deal. Thanks for the info.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So all the videos on you tube that had the inverter wiring from the factory were on Rubicon's and Mohave models? I wish I knew that it would not work on my sons Sport. I would not have wasted countless hours and money to do what I thought would be a plug and play deal. Thanks for the info.
By default, the interior 115 V inverters are a standard equipment on the Rubicon/Mojave and maybe a few other high trim models like the Overland. The rear bed outlet was a factory option but you had to have the interior outlet and inverter first.

The Sport models and the other trim models derived from the Sport, it was an option. If the vehicle did not have the option, the wiring was usually not there on the Sport models, especially if it was a base Sport model.

You are not the first to fall in that trap. Some have installed aftermarket inverters and tapped in the OEM harness (owner installed) that has gone to the bed outlets but as mentioned, it was not a direct plug and play.

OP
OP

quikdime

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator sport
Can you point me in the direction to a past post with an aftermarket invertor solution? I would appreciate it. This is all so new to me.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Can you point me in the direction to a past post with an aftermarket invertor solution? I would appreciate it. This is all so new to me.
Not off hand. I would have to use the board search function and you can do that also.

It is going to be like any aftermarket inverter install. Find where to put it, wire it to the battery and run the output to where you need. That is going to be a figure it out on the fly type situation and using your noodle.
Sponsored