Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Take that right turn at Los Angeles and come visit us here in the 50th state, Hawaii. Its still a state right? You can go down to
Papakōlea (green sand beach), drive up Mauna Kea, or go down Waipio Valley. But my guess is that Hawaii was not on your itinerary:).
Well this trip starts with us moving off of Kauai... No need to turn right at Los Angeles. We are already here. :) We have spent plenty of time on some of the most amazing beaches Hawaii has to offer. Polihale is our favorite.
Sponsored

Bigcee73

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Scion XB
Well this trip starts with us moving off of Kauai... No need to turn right at Los Angeles. We are already here. :) We have spent plenty of time on some of the most amazing beaches Hawaii has to offer. Polihale is our favorite.
Sweet!!! Should have seen that your profile says Hi. Aloha!!

Bigcee73

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Scion XB
Aloha from the Garden state... Are you getting one too?
Eventually. You know Big Island (where I am) has lots of fun places to explore. A nice 4wd can get me and the family to some of the best beaches and down south point for some great fishing. I am originally from Philly. Where in Dirty Jersey are you located?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I loooove all our friends around the world chit chatting with near friend s and far friends! Price must be right around the corner with all this hubbub!

Large_0422717.jpg

Sponsored

Jeep you tips up

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0
WA - Ferry to Vancouver (was a good idea)

There is NO ferry from WA State to Vancouver...INTO Victoria, YES, and then you would need to take another to get off the island (unless there is a kick ass snorkel involved) but not the Mainland...just drive on up the I-5.

WA State ferry - Anacortes to Sydney (20 miles north of Victoria)
COHO (private company) from Pt. Angeles into Victoria Harbour) - yes, we spell it with a freaking 'u'
https://www.cohoferry.com/

have a great adventure - lots of logging roads in that part of the world to explore.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

There is NO ferry from WA State to Vancouver...INTO Victoria, YES, and then you would need to take another to get off the island (unless there is a kick ass snorkel involved) but not the Mainland...just drive on up the I-5.

WA State ferry - Anacortes to Sydney (20 miles north of Victoria)
COHO (private company) from Pt. Angeles into Victoria Harbour) - yes, we spell it with a freaking 'u'
https://www.cohoferry.com/

have a great adventure - lots of logging roads in that part of the world to explore.
thank you for this! First leg we are going to do Cali, OR, WA, Canada, and then back to cali.... Well It may seem we are going to pick up the truck in Vegas, if we do that then Vegas will be first place we see, prob do hover dam, and vegas ..

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Good point...

SO these are the things we will be looking to check out in each state:

So far we have Things like:

AZ - Grand Canyon / Music Museum
UT - Moab
FL - Underground Cave (Swimming)
AK - We would like to see or do Camp Under the Northern Lights
WY - Grand Tetons / (multistate yellowstone

We are going to be looking for places to camp in each state too, but places that are not too crazy or hard to get too, we dont want to do a 2 - 3 day wheeling trip to camp spot.... Single Day trip will work, better yet if we meet up with local wheeling group also a plus

We do not want to see: fishing, biggest ball of twine, freeway, railroad, old road, stage coach routes, baseball parks, horse racing, amusement parks, Guinness book, car shows, 4th of July parades, natural disasters, bee migration routes, birding, romance, movie locations, stragglers, bootleggers, government towns

Things we want to see: Ghost Towns if any, Day trip Wheeling Spots, route 66, MTN's, Valleys, Lakes, places like Vegas, Austin, Lake Travis, Gold mining towns etc. We want to be able to take wheeling routes if any along the way..

This is still work in progress, so we are open to idea's!.....
If you're serious then I would start to get some sort of googleDoc/slide going for everyone.

I'm in San Diego and if you're interested in Hiking then I'll tell you everyone loves Potatoe Chip Rock (Ramona). If you're interested in wheeling you might have to consult some facebook groups for local areas, or websites like https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/black-mountain-truck-trail

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thank you for this, we are still collecting data, we are start the trip when lift is installed, once we have the lift lined up, then we are going to figure out where we want to go state by state...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
we do plan on using all trails, that program seems to have the best up to date trails here in the USA vs some others....

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
50 states in 50 days will be a monumental task.

You’ll spend all of your time driving from dawn to dusk....

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
50 states in 50 days will be a monumental task.

You’ll spend all of your time driving from dawn to dusk....
its going to be broken up into 6 months in total...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Are you in an LE?