Link
Wow. It comes with a box!!

eb0bc412e6c074328f77aa2e55ee2164.jpg
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
WI check out the Red Shed. Must go if you end up in Madison. You’ll enjoy yourself lol
LMAO, i was going to add this, you beat me to it! You can also have all you can eat bacon from Wandos on Tuesdays, also the Plaza Burger at "The Plaza" in Madison is awesome.

But if you don't go to Madison, I've seen the badlands in South Dakota twice, AMAZING! Also you could see the rodeo in Cody Wyoming and go on a horseback ride through some hills there too. Also Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse are cool.

If you do Yellowstone, plan for not getting a camp site (that was our experience anyways), BUT if you go to West Yellowstone, you can find places to camp there right outside the park. If you're actually driving through Wisconsin or Upper Michigan and tell me where you're driving through I can give you some tips via email if you'd like.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think your first task should really be to figure out what state you're going to buy some plywood in.

No wait, instead of buying a spoon from each state, or a shotglass or magnet, buy a piece of plywood from every state. I'm not talking about whole sheets, that's just silly. But like 50 4"x4" pieces then when you get home you can glue them back together and build a nice jewelry box for the Mrs.

stock-photo-sticker-on-a-wooden-plywood-words-on-a-paper-sticker-sorry-557333740.jpg

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely right! obviously it was engineered so it won't dent the gas pipe running across the bed, and, if it does, the gas runs out the holes so that's taken care of.
There is also the Mopar $400 bump stop/plywood stop.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Good point...

SO these are the things we will be looking to check out in each state:

So far we have Things like:

AZ - Grand Canyon / Music Museum
UT - Moab
FL - Underground Cave (Swimming)
WA - Ferry to Vancouver (was a good idea)
AK - We would like to see or do Camp Under the Northern Lights
WY - Grand Tetons / (multistate yellowstone

We are going to be looking for places to camp in each state too, but places that are not too crazy or hard to get too, we dont want to do a 2 - 3 day wheeling trip to camp spot.... Single Day trip will work, better yet if we meet up with local wheeling group also a plus

We do not want to see: fishing, biggest ball of twine, freeway, railroad, old road, stage coach routes, baseball parks, horse racing, amusement parks, Guinness book, car shows, 4th of July parades, natural disasters, bee migration routes, birding, romance, movie locations, stragglers, bootleggers, government towns

Things we want to see: Ghost Towns if any, Day trip Wheeling Spots, route 66, MTN's, Valleys, Lakes, places like Vegas, Austin, Lake Travis, Gold mining towns etc. We want to be able to take wheeling routes if any along the way..

This is still work in progress, so we are open to idea's!.....

If you’re interested in wine tasting and microbreweries, with maybe a rodeo thrown in (depending on timing) come on out to Livermore CA. You can camp at lake del valle, and I’ll personally take you to some of my favorite wineries and breweries- and none of the pretentious $25/tasting Napa stuff either. Friendly, down home, great tasting beer and wine.

Then you can head down the road and do some light wheelin at Carnegie - our local OHV park.

On second thought - maybe you should wheel *then* come wine tasting??

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I think your first task should really be to figure out what state you're going to buy some plywood in.

No wait, instead of buying a spoon from each state, or a shotglass or magnet, buy a piece of plywood from every state. I'm not talking about whole sheets, that's just silly. But like 50 4"x4" pieces then when you get home you can glue them back together and build a nice jewelry box for the Mrs.

stock-photo-sticker-on-a-wooden-plywood-words-on-a-paper-sticker-sorry-557333740.jpg
Why not whole sheets? If the jeep can not carry 49 sheets of plywood then I don't want it and its not a real truck. (not 50 sheets because you can't take a road trip to Hawaii, but I suppose you could take a ferry).

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

You know, a couple days ago I was getting ready to block some people and ask Jay how I could block that thread, but honestly it’s now gone so far past annoying it’s entertaining again. It’s like flying to London via Singapore!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know, a couple days ago I was getting ready to block some people and ask Jay how I could block that thread, but honestly it’s now gone so far past annoying it’s entertaining again. It’s like flying to London via Singapore!
anything to keep our minds off the pricing talk.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not whole sheets? If the jeep can not carry 49 sheets of plywood then I don't want it and its not a real truck. (not 50 sheets because you can't take a road trip to Hawaii, but I suppose you could take a ferry).
Damn, 49 sheets of 3/8" ply is 1662 lbs. 62 lbs over payload.
Does payload include occupants weight and anything in the cab?

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
In south NJ (all in the same vicinity):
- The Pine Barrens/Wharton State Park (a network of public Jeep trails through forest, mostly not difficult,flat, some mud holes, but can be avoided) - Home of the Jersey Devil
- In area:
- Kayak rentals and transportation to go down narrow twisty creeks through pine forest (shortest trip 4 hours) - eg Pinelands Adventures
- Lake for swimming (red water/warm/cost to enter) - Atsion Recreation Area
- A drive away from NJ beaches
- Batsto Village (historic town)
- A drive away from Atlantic City

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, 49 sheets of 3/8" ply is 1662 lbs. 62 lbs over payload.
Does payload include occupants weight and anything in the cab?
Who cares if its over payload… I'll just put a updated payload placard on the jeep in case I get pulled over.... like the guy wanting to tow 7000 lbs with a manual in the other thread. (I'm thinking of that pic you posted of the car with 50 sheets on the roof). lol

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
In south NJ (all in the same vicinity):
- The Pine Barrens/Wharton State Park (a network of public Jeep trails through forest, mostly not difficult,flat, some mud holes, but can be avoided) - Home of the Jersey Devil
- In area:
- Kayak rentals and transportation to go down narrow twisty creeks through pine forest (shortest trip 4 hours) - eg Pinelands Adventures
- Lake for swimming (red water/warm/cost to enter) - Atsion Recreation Area
- A drive away from NJ beaches
- Batsto Village (historic town)
- A drive away from Atlantic City
My old stomping grounds! I'll be back to visit in 2020! After my first home depot plywood run, I will be exploring the Maryland/Delaware/NJ/Penn/Va area.

jeep 054.jpg

jeep 055.jpg

dan 006.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re interested in wine tasting and microbreweries, with maybe a rodeo thrown in (depending on timing) come on out to Livermore CA. You can camp at lake del valle, and I’ll personally take you to some of my favorite wineries and breweries- and none of the pretentious $25/tasting Napa stuff either. Friendly, down home, great tasting beer and wine.

Then you can head down the road and do some light wheelin at Carnegie - our local OHV park.

On second thought - maybe you should wheel *then* come wine tasting??
this is a good idea, but we hacve a house in Sacramento, so its out home area.. tho would love to meet other jeepers :)

Bigcee73

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Scion XB
Take that right turn at Los Angeles and come visit us here in the 50th state, Hawaii. Its still a state right? You can go down to
PapakĹŤlea (green sand beach), drive up Mauna Kea, or go down Waipio Valley. But my guess is that Hawaii was not on your itinerary:).
Sponsored