Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator May Sales Figure

jacob66999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler
FCA Reports May 2019 U.S. Sales
  • Ram brand achieves 12th consecutive monthly record as May sales rise 29 percent
  • Jeep® Grand Cherokee notches best May ever as sales rise 18 percent
  • Dodge Charger reports highest May in six years as sales reach 9,296 vehicles
June 3, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC achieved three records in May, led by the Ram brand which notched its 12th consecutive monthly sales record as demand for both light-duty and heavy-duty pickup trucks remained strong.

It was the best May ever for the Jeep® Grand Cherokee and the highest level of May sales for the Dodge Charger in six years. Overall, total sales rose 2 percent to 218,702 vehicles. Fleet represented 31 percent of total sales during the month. On a year-to-date basis, fleet accounted for 22 percent of sales.

"On a year-over-year basis we have increased our average transaction prices by more than $3,000 a vehicle and still managed some notable sales increases," said Reid Bigland, U.S. Head of Sales. “In its first full month on sale, our all new Jeep Gladiator pickup truck delivered more than 2,500 vehicle sales, our Ram pickup truck sales soared 33 percent and the Jeep Grand Cherokee delivered its best May sales ever.”

See the attached table for the breakdown of brand and nameplate sales.

Method of Determining FCA US LLC’s Monthly Sales. FCA US’s reported vehicle sales represent unit sales of vehicles to retail customers, deliveries of vehicles to fleet customers and to others such as FCA US’s employees and retirees as well as vehicles used for marketing. Most of these reported sales reflect retail sales made by dealers out of their own inventory of vehicles previously purchased by them from FCA US. Reported vehicle units sales do not correspond to FCA US’s reported revenues, which are based on FCA US’s sale and delivery of vehicles, and typically recognized upon shipment to the dealer or end customer. As announced on July 26, 2016, FCA US has modified its methodology for monthly sales reporting as follows:
  • Sales to retail customers by dealers in the U.S. are derived from the New Vehicle Delivery Report (“NVDR”) system and are determined as the sum of (A) all sales recorded by dealers during the month net of all unwound transactions recorded to the end of that month (whether the original sale was recorded in the current month or any prior month); plus (B) all sales of vehicles during that month attributable to past unwinds that had previously been reversed in determining monthly sales (in the current or prior months).
  • Fleet sales are recorded upon the shipment of the vehicle by FCA US to the customer or end user.
  • Other retail sales are recorded either (A) when the sale is recorded in the NVDR system (for sales by dealers in Puerto Rico and limited sales made through distributors that submit NVDRs in the same manner as for sales by U.S. dealers) or (B) upon receipt of a similar delivery notification (for vehicles for which NVDRs are not entered such as vehicles for FCA employees).

2020 Jeep Gladitor Sales Chart May 2019.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
So I'm confused. When @jacob66999 first posted this, it linked to this TFL article that compared JT sales to other similar trucks: https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/06/20...y-2019-first-full-month-on-sale-sales-report/

Then @JAY re-wrote the post to reflect the FCA press release. I understand rewriting/clarifying info in a post to make it easier to read or add additional information, but to completely rewrite a post (with original content completely removed) to spin it differently seems a little extreme.

OP
OP

jacob66999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler
So I'm confused. When @jacob66999 first posted this, it linked to this TFL article that compared JT sales to other similar trucks: https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/06/20...y-2019-first-full-month-on-sale-sales-report/

Then @JAY re-wrote the post to reflect the FCA press release. I understand rewriting/clarifying info in a post to make it easier to read or add additional information, but to completely rewrite a post (with original content completely removed) to spin it differently seems a little extreme.
I'm cool with it. Saw it on TFL and was surprised there was nothing here yet. It's not often I'm the first to know/notice anything.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I'm cool with it. Saw it on TFL and was surprised there was nothing here yet. It's not often I'm the first to know/notice anything.
It’s interesting how the same numbers can be presented/spun two different ways. FCA’s press release brags about sales numbers, but TFL shows JT sold were 1/3 of Nissan Frontier and 1/10 of Tacoma. It’s an impressive number for the first full month on a not widely advertised vehicle. Still need to question FCA press releases (like the one of JT launch editions being sold out in one day even though you can still order them a week ago).

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
It’s interesting how the same numbers can be presented/spun two different ways. FCA’s press release brags about sales numbers, but TFL shows JT sold were 1/3 of Nissan Frontier and 1/10 of Tacoma. It’s an impressive number for the first full month on a not widely advertised vehicle. Still need to question FCA press releases (like the one of JT launch editions being sold out in one day even though you can still order them a week ago).
And bear in mind that a vehicle sold is one where the owner took delivery. All those on order don't count

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Tacos have been advertised for 25 years... outside the Jeep community, Gladiator is unknown... (not even in the lineup of current Jeep TV commercials!) Wait till the general public becomes aware of it, then make comparisons to the already established “best seller”!

Reactions: JAY

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
That report is sad overall.

All their Auto (non-truck) brands are down. Chrysler down -26%, Fiat down -29%, Alfa down -34% thats crazy.

Wrangler is down -2% for a new vehicle only 1 year old and for one of Jeep's top selling vehicles each year.

The only positive I see in that report is Ram Trucks being up +33%

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
They were barely available in May and nearly no customer orders delivered yet. Way too early to learn anything meaningful, one way or the other.

My personal notion is that's a pretty good number considering.

But then I hope the thing takes over the planet so it stays in production, gets lots of development, and is widely accessorized.

Gladiators for everyone!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I mean look at the new (old, actually) Ford Ranger. It had horrendous sales numbers from January to April, only selling 15,000 units in 4 months time. And then May came along and BOOM they sell over 7,000 in one month.

Gladiator will catch up, but it'll be later this summer when the Sport models start becoming more common on dealer lots.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Becoming more common?? Do you mean to say Sport S or Sport? So far I don’t think anyone has gotten a base Sport model. Makes me wonder why they say that they offer a base Sport model.

Gladiator will catch up, but it'll be later this summer when the Sport models start becoming more common on dealer lots.

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition 2 DR
When the public starts seeing these bad boys on the streets the numbers will change
Sponsored