Sponsored

**2020 Jeep Gladiator official pics and specs**

WareAmI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Chevelle, 2015 Yamaha R6
What's with the two rear windows on the driver side?
Are you talking about on the rear door windows? If so the small window towards the rear of the door is so the front part can roll all the way down due to the shape of the door
Sponsored

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
This....

"The Jeep Wrangler-based pickup truck does not yet have a name, despite press reports that it will carry the historic "Gladiator" name. Marchionne said the Jeep pickup will be "expensive; intentionally so" because it is designed as a lifestyle truck that is likely to generate annual sales below 100,000 units."I'm a natural buyer for that pickup truck, by the way," Marchionne said, adding the Jeep pickup won't compete with the midsize Ford Ranger or the Chevrolet Colorado on price, and won't be in dealerships until mid-2019
I think the Gladiator will intentionally be more expensive than the base RAM 1500s and the new midsize RAMs(Dakota) so that Jeep doesn’t take away all sales from both of those vehicles and completely eat up RAM’s sales.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Okay, I've mostly been joking around lately, in creating the arguments that Jeep might be secretly planning to reveal a 715/Crew Chief inspired front end on the Gladiator. I honestly don't expect Jeep to be that bold, and it makes more sense to use as much JL parts as possible.

But maybe I'm starting to really see what I want to see.

Can somebody make the argument that the silhouette under that sheet more closely matches the JL than the Crew Chief?
PhotoGrid_1543290842034.jpg

Because these are the lines I'm seeing (excuse my shaky finger):

20181126_225526.jpg

Throw in that:

We've still only seen the bag camo, despite having seen stickered JLs by this time last year.

Jeep's animation for the reveal flashes "Unexpected New Look."

Styling that evokes the original Gladiator makes more sense than a Wrangler front end (which would make more sense as Scrambler).

I really can't bring myself to buy it, but my wallet is burning.

FallenSamurai

First Name
Fallen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 XJ
That is assuming that the vehicle under the fabric is the actual JT. It could be a simple render with a simulated fabric over top. IT could be a completely different vehicle. We'll never know.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
That is assuming that the vehicle under the fabric is the actual JT. It could be a simple render with a simulated fabric over top. IT could be a completely different vehicle. We'll never know.
Or we'll know in 1 day and 5 hours from now.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Are you talking about on the rear door windows? If so the small window towards the rear of the door is so the front part can roll all the way down due to the shape of the door
OH, duh! Lol

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Playing around with my phone's photo editor...
20181127_094245.jpg

I can't help but think that were it a JL front clip, it'd drape over the slight bend in the grill before going down to the bumper. This seems like a pretty hard edge that then drops straight to the bumper.

Of course, if could all be the aspect that's throwing me off. If it were a 715 clip, the hood seems like it'd be pretty short.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Playing around with my phone's photo editor...
20181127_094245.jpg

I can't help but think that were it a JL front clip, it'd drape over the slight bend in the grill before going down to the bumper. This seems like a pretty hard edge that then drops straight to the bumper.

Of course, if could all be the aspect that's throwing me off. If it were a 715 clip, the hood seems like it'd be pretty short.
I agree - I too wish this were the Crew Chief or even the J12 but I think it is the crew cab Gladiator - Hopefully this year or future years brings other variants that we have seen so much of in Moab....

Jeep-793x525.jpg

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Not to belabor the point, but...

chi-jeep-nukizer-offroad-test-072110.jpg
a4f9f807-jeep-j-12-4.jpg
Jeep-Crew-Chief-715-concept-102-876x535.jpg
jeep-chief-concept-03-1.jpg
Jeep-Wagoneer-Roadtrip-concept-side-profile.jpg

It IS said that Jeep likes to preview future production elements in the EJS concepts, and they really have utilized this styling in recent years.

;););)

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

a4f9f807-jeep-j-12-4.jpg

It IS said that Jeep likes to preview future production elements in the EJS concepts, and they really have utilized this styling in recent years.

;););)
Man I hope you're right!!!! Building the Crew Chief and/or the J12 would be sweet!!!

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S

a4f9f807-jeep-j-12-4.jpg

;););)
I am thinking that the Wagoneer will definitely have this front

6A53E012-99C9-46E2-936B-4AEDBF205091.jpeg

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Belaboring initiated...

https://www.quadratec.com/c/blog/je...w-chief-concept-has-production-truck-elements

Jeep Lead Designer Confirms Crew Chief Concept Has Production Truck Elements

Now we have Mark Allen, Jeep’s Chief Designer for FCA, not only saying the Jeep Wrangler Pickup is coming, but that many of its design features are hidden in plain sight on one of the 2016 Moab Concept vehicles.
“We’re finally going to get to do a pickup truck,” Allen said Wednesday to Outside Magazine. “I can’t explain too much, but there may be things you see on the Crew Chief (concept) that you might see on that truck.”
“This is the fourth time we’ve used that nose [on a concept],” said Allen. “Every time we do it, people go crazy, but I think this is the last time we’re going to do it, honestly. Oddly enough though, we’ve never done a crew cab pickup before. Hint, hint.”
“We’ve hidden some hints about what’s going on behind the scenes, right in front of you,” Allen said.
Sponsored