Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. Before Gator Green, they used the same paint code (PGV) for a color they called "Deep Beryl Green Pearl." Why they re-use color codes for different colors is inexplicable. That PGV was nothing like Gator. Not a hint of Pearl in Gator. There's even a Youtube video from January 2019 (pre Gladiator release) where the "Jeep Informant" shows us what the Gator color was going to look like. What he shows is obviously not what Gator turned out to be.
This is true.

Another thing they've done over the years is use the same color but call it different names depending on the model it was used on.

It can be very confusing. All I know is that Nacho doesn't look anything like the Dozer JKU I used to have. I actually really liked the Dozer color.
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Happy Moonday

Hey1.PNG

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Ah, I see. I missed that.

Thank you.

Sponsored

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Wrangler, 1978 MGB
Occupation
civil engineer
I tried to order a gladiator in billet silver on Friday, I was told they can not order any jeeps at this time in Silver. What is the deal, was every can of silver paint stuck in the Suez Canal?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Likely a production blackout. Manufacturers like to run colors in bunches both for economy of setup as each color behaves a little different and the robots need to be tweaked and also for color match. If you compare say a hydro blue jeep made on x versus another made on y you might be delighted to see they don't match. Sun and weather aside the paint mix may be ever so slightly different in some very small way.

Silver is a bitch like this. Grain size and pigment mix and direction of spray all play a role in getting it right and if its not right, but not wrong, you will still see it.

Perhaps one of the wonks can dig up the current paint schedule to see when silver is back on the menu.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
We're also at the very end of the model year, and interestingly enough they've not released a May price guide. I'd guess they're winding down production, and if something (like Silver) hits a supply shortage, etc., they're just going to stop taking orders for 2021s with that build option.

Just a guess.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Wrangler, 1978 MGB
Occupation
civil engineer
WTF, they should have the juevos to say they won't produce it or if you buy it in this ".....bs...."color we will make your jeep. Just give us the truth. Tell me Jeep is going to charge me $1k more or, not going to happen in 2021.....I've been talking to dealerships giving me a HUGE line of "WE CAN GET THAT FOR YOU......" BS. I hate buying a vehicle. SALESMEN are such BS artists. I've given them two criteria, silver and Overland. They come back with grey & some other model. Hacks me off. I'm considering Ford Bronco....heard you can't buy a hardtop....what ever happened to "SERVICE"

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I've been talking to dealerships giving me a HUGE line of "WE CAN GET THAT FOR YOU......" BS. I hate buying a vehicle. SALESMEN are such BS artists. I've given them two criteria, silver and Overland. They come back with grey & some other model. Hacks me off. I'm considering Ford Bronco....heard you can't buy a hardtop....what ever happened to "SERVICE"
My wife and I have been going through a similar experience for the past 2 months trying to get a new Infiniti for her. I got fed up with salesmen that have no interest in selling anything but what's on their lot that they can sell TODAY.

So I got on InfinitUSA.com's inventory search and finally found the combination she wanted at a dealer in a distant state. Just sent a deposit (vehicle is actually still in transit TO that dealer.) Will probably end up paying $500-$1000 more to get it shipped to us, or will travel there and drive it home. Fingers crossed this works out cause I'm f*cking sick of dealing with dealers.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
WTF, they should have the juevos to say they won't produce it or if you buy it in this ".....bs...."color we will make your jeep. Just give us the truth. Tell me Jeep is going to charge me $1k more or, not going to happen in 2021.....I've been talking to dealerships giving me a HUGE line of "WE CAN GET THAT FOR YOU......" BS. I hate buying a vehicle. SALESMEN are such BS artists. I've given them two criteria, silver and Overland. They come back with grey & some other model. Hacks me off. I'm considering Ford Bronco....heard you can't buy a hardtop....what ever happened to "SERVICE"
My wife and I have been going through a similar experience for the past 2 months trying to get a new Infiniti for her. I got fed up with salesmen that have no interest in selling anything but what's on their lot that they can sell TODAY.

So I got on InfinitUSA.com's inventory search and finally found the combination she wanted at a dealer in a distant state. Just sent a deposit (vehicle is actually still in transit TO that dealer.) Will probably end up paying $500-$1000 more to get it shipped to us, or will travel there and drive it home. Fingers crossed this works out cause I'm f*cking sick of dealing with dealers.
Sometimes you just gotta work for it a bit more. My wife and I have a funny saying, "I have money, i want to buy your services."

We run into this all the time with contractors, builders, plumbers, car manufacturers.

If you can find the vehicle that checks enough of the boxes, it might be worth a flight out of state to see it, or pay for it to get shipped to you and hope it all looks right.

Now that i'm in my late 30s i'll pay a premium for convenience and for the options that I want. (only live once, that I know of) Looks like @gladdywhantabee really wasn't dead set on a JT if on his 2nd post he's gone to buy a Bronco. And that's just fine. Those look cool too, IMO.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Wrangler, 1978 MGB
Occupation
civil engineer
Sometimes you just gotta work for it a bit more. My wife and I have a funny saying, "I have money, i want to buy your services."

We run into this all the time with contractors, builders, plumbers, car manufacturers.

If you can find the vehicle that checks enough of the boxes, it might be worth a flight out of state to see it, or pay for it to get shipped to you and hope it all looks right.

Now that i'm in my late 30s i'll pay a premium for convenience and for the options that I want. (only live once, that I know of) Looks like @gladdywhantabee really wasn't dead set on a JT if on his 2nd post he's gone to buy a Bronco. And that's just fine. Those look cool too, IMO.
I was very frustrated with used car salesmen that day....every day for that matter and Jeep Corp for not providing any information on their products. I've been driving my 95' Wrangler virtually every day since it was brand new, 26 years and I still love driving it. So, I'm not giving up on the Jeep brand yet. This is what makes it so frustrating for me, I've decided to get something more reliable for off road and can't seem to get any information. I guess it is not a good time to purchase during the end of a pandemic, a few more months wait won't hurt me....I'm going to hold out for what I want since I'll drive it until I can't drive anymore.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I was very frustrated with used car salesmen that day....every day for that matter and Jeep Corp for not providing any information on their products. I've been driving my 95' Wrangler virtually every day since it was brand new, 26 years and I still love driving it. So, I'm not giving up on the Jeep brand yet. This is what makes it so frustrating for me, I've decided to get something more reliable for off road and can't seem to get any information. I guess it is not a good time to purchase during the end of a pandemic, a few more months wait won't hurt me....I'm going to hold out for what I want since I'll drive it until I can't drive anymore.
My bad. I figured since you only had a few posts you bailed. Might not be able to get answers from Jeep, but this is a great forum for getting information. Hopefully we can help you out in making your decision.
Sponsored