Official Press Release: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Specs & Photos

1. nuclear

nuclear New Member

Vehicle(s):
    -
    Liked:
    I'm not a mom, but I am a dad with two kids. I want to get a JT at some point but it depends on how much width there is in the back as my kids are still in car seats. I know two seats would fit back there, but can someone squeeze in between is the question. I know it wouldn't be comfortable, but it would only be for shorter trips so that's not a factor.

2. lrtexasman

lrtexasman Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Larry
    Vehicle(s):
    Tahoe
    Liked:
    Yes it has 3 car seat tether anchors built in. The seat has the same dimensions as a JL, Iā€™d talk to JL owners to see if three seats can be done comfortably and if so, what brand works best.

3. 2015er

2015er Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
    Liked:
    I did listen to the video and in addition to the segment you reference they both said that this truck is "100% the result of customer input, letter writing, etc. demanding for a truck" - by the way - several of the letters written were from myself. Therefore, regardless of what is said here in these forums or what these guys say now - remember these where the same type of official positions that Jeep took when Jeep marketing and design directors took when they said -ABSOLUTELY NOT, THERE WILL NEVER BE A JEEP TRUCK AGAIN....

I am undeterred I will be writing Mark and Mr. Tallon as I have before and someday perhaps will rightly round out the truck configurations offered.

4. steffen707

steffen707 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
    Liked:
    only watched the first half, it was quite good.

I think most women would prefer a midsize truck over a full size, so gladiator is at least in the right segment. I think the convertible feature of the truck would appeal to many women, also most feel like a truck is safer than a car or smaller SUV. This is a very generalized opinion i have from the women i know/am friends with and married to.

Jeep_VB likes this.
  5. nuclear

nuclear New Member

Vehicle(s):
    -
    Liked:
    How many women are you married to? :like:

2020 SCRAMBLER likes this.
  6. IDjeep

IDjeep Active Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (not yet ordered) 2017 Jeep Wrangle JK Sport
    Liked:
    I had the same concerns. I searched the internet and confirmed same widths between the JT and JL. Also found where those in JLs were using theee car seats across (albeit requiring more narrow car seats than are typical). After going and looking at the JLs I feel like two car seats and a child would fit in the back. Not sure if a full sized adult would fit with 2 car seats in the back.

nuclear likes this.
  7. steffen707

steffen707 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
    Liked:
    I live in Utah.

Benbean66, whatevah and nuclear like this.
  8. nuclear

nuclear New Member

Vehicle(s):
    -
    Liked:
    Interesting, thanks.

9. lrtexasman

lrtexasman Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Larry
    Vehicle(s):
    Tahoe
    Liked:
    #144 Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Another problem with car seats in the other mid-size trucks is the legroom. Many of the midsize trucks have to push the passenger seat all the way forward to allow room for the car seat. With the JT having class leading 38ā€ this will allow a car seat behind the driver and passenger or car seats in middle and behind passenger with room for one more passenger behind the driver. At 6ā€™ I am able to have the drivers seat in the JL set up for me with enough room for a 6ā€™ to sit behind me.

Billy, bairdy380 and nuclear like this.
  10. Jeepfreak

Jeepfreak Member

First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle(s):
    Rubicon
    Liked: