Sponsored

Official Press Release: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Specs & Photos

nuclear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So I watched that whole video, lots of great information. I will say that I think Lauren Fix is wrong on multiple points and not to mention what the top3 SUVs are. I'm not sure what demographic they use to get these but seems to be a very pinpointed one. I also think it was interesting when she said you won't see a moms putting kids in the back of a Gladiator. I think that's wrong personally only time will tell, but I see lots of Moms/ Women driving trucks these days and we all know Wranglers. I think this could appeal for multiple reasons. I think people will disagree with me and part of it is where you live.
I'm not a mom, but I am a dad with two kids. I want to get a JT at some point but it depends on how much width there is in the back as my kids are still in car seats. I know two seats would fit back there, but can someone squeeze in between is the question. I know it wouldn't be comfortable, but it would only be for shorter trips so that's not a factor.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I'm not a mom, but I am a dad with two kids. I want to get a JT at some point but it depends on how much width there is in the back as my kids are still in car seats. I know two seats would fit back there, but can someone squeeze in between is the question. I know it wouldn't be comfortable, but it would only be for shorter trips so that's not a factor.
Yes it has 3 car seat tether anchors built in. The seat has the same dimensions as a JL, I’d talk to JL owners to see if three seats can be done comfortably and if so, what brand works best.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
@2015er watch the above Autoline video closely. Mark flat out says a 2 door simply isn't happening. They've done the focus groups and market research combined with JK/JL 2 door sales at 20% of the total Wrangler sales mix.

If you want a 2 door truck buy a JL and extend the bed ~2 ft and remove the rear seat. That's as close as you are going to get...and less time than posting here on forums constantly.
I did listen to the video and in addition to the segment you reference they both said that this truck is "100% the result of customer input, letter writing, etc. demanding for a truck" - by the way - several of the letters written were from myself. Therefore, regardless of what is said here in these forums or what these guys say now - remember these where the same type of official positions that Jeep took when Jeep marketing and design directors took when they said -ABSOLUTELY NOT, THERE WILL NEVER BE A JEEP TRUCK AGAIN....

I am undeterred I will be writing Mark and Mr. Tallon as I have before and someday perhaps will rightly round out the truck configurations offered.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So I watched that whole video, lots of great information. I will say that I think Lauren Fix is wrong on multiple points and not to mention what the top3 SUVs are. I'm not sure what demographic they use to get these but seems to be a very pinpointed one. I also think it was interesting when she said you won't see a moms putting kids in the back of a Gladiator. I think that's wrong personally only time will tell, but I see lots of Moms/ Women driving trucks these days and we all know Wranglers. I think this could appeal for multiple reasons. I think people will disagree with me and part of it is where you live.
only watched the first half, it was quite good.

I think most women would prefer a midsize truck over a full size, so gladiator is at least in the right segment. I think the convertible feature of the truck would appeal to many women, also most feel like a truck is safer than a car or smaller SUV. This is a very generalized opinion i have from the women i know/am friends with and married to.

nuclear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
only watched the first half, it was quite good.

I think most women would prefer a midsize truck over a full size, so gladiator is at least in the right segment. I think the convertible feature of the truck would appeal to many women, also most feel like a truck is safer than a car or smaller SUV. This is a very generalized opinion i have from the women i know/am friends with and married to.
How many women are you married to? :like:

Sponsored

IDjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangle JK Sport
I had the same concerns. I searched the internet and confirmed same widths between the JT and JL. Also found where those in JLs were using theee car seats across (albeit requiring more narrow car seats than are typical). After going and looking at the JLs I feel like two car seats and a child would fit in the back. Not sure if a full sized adult would fit with 2 car seats in the back.

nuclear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I had the same concerns. I searched the internet and confirmed same widths between the JT and JL. Also found where those in JLs were using theee car seats across (albeit requiring more narrow car seats than are typical). After going and looking at the JLs I feel like two car seats and a child would fit in the back. Not sure if a full sized adult would fit with 2 car seats in the back.
Interesting, thanks.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Interesting, thanks.
Another problem with car seats in the other mid-size trucks is the legroom. Many of the midsize trucks have to push the passenger seat all the way forward to allow room for the car seat. With the JT having class leading 38” this will allow a car seat behind the driver and passenger or car seats in middle and behind passenger with room for one more passenger behind the driver. At 6’ I am able to have the drivers seat in the JL set up for me with enough room for a 6’ to sit behind me.

Last edited:

Jeepfreak

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Saw the jeep gladiator commercial on TV last night... fracking awesome!!!@

Sponsored

AngelArmorNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tundra Crewmax, Indian Springfield Dark Horse
Another problem with car seats in the other mid-size trucks is the legroom. Many of the midsize trucks have to push the passenger seat all the way forward to allow room for the car seat. With the JT having class leading 38” this will allow a car seat behind the driver and passenger or car seats in middle and behind passenger with room for one more passenger behind the driver. At 6’ I am able to have the drivers seat in the JL set up for me with enough room for a 6’ to sit behind me.
When I test drove the JT I took the wife and all 3 kiddos (3, 8 and 10) to test out the rear space. The 3 y/o is still in a front facing car seat. All 3 were able to sit in the back adequately. It will only get better as the "baby" moves to a high back booster and then out of a car seat. To be fair, it is a significant space downgrade from my tundra crewmax but it is enough space if not much more than that. For the few times a year I have the whole family packed in for camping it will be fine.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Stock sport s 6-speed, hardtop, height 73 1/4”, trea measured 31” tall, then 2” mopar lift and Goodyear duratrac 315 70r17 on 17x9’s. Tires measure a little under 34” actual. Overall height now exactly 4” taller, 77 1/4”. Fender lip to floor through center of wheel hub was 36 5/8” front now 40 6/8”, rear is 1 6/8” higher, maintained the rake.
Sponsored