2020 Rubicon JT misfires and auto start issues

Crmaverick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I wondering if Jeeps are still rolling off the line with this issue or if they’re building the motors with this fix now?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Update: Picked the gladiator up this evening. Have only driven about 10 miles but all lights are off. I will post if anything else develops. The dealer sheet is attached. Long story short, new ecm, new PC valve, and new oxygen sensor. Good luck to all facing these issues and thanks for the help along the way.

15827588153511456962567242168977.jpg

Crmaverick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Update: Picked the gladiator up this evening. Have only driven about 10 miles but all lights are off. I will post if anything else develops. The dealer sheet is attached. Long story short, new ecm, new PC valve, and new oxygen sensor. Good luck to all facing these issues and thanks for the help along the way.

15827588153511456962567242168977.jpg
I heard on another post about the same oil leak shorting out that sensor and fixing that leak solved the misfire issue.

Seems like that leak could be the main reason for all these misfire problems

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Update: Engine light back on after approx. 20 miles. Taking back to dealer today.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Sad face.
I know. Where have all the Jeep Fan Boys gone? Disappeared after they see real problems with a new jeep.

Update: Gladiator is back home. After replacing ecm, it needed to relearn the brake switch which is a two step process. All good for now. Will continue to bbn update. Thanks.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Following. Thanks for informing the forum.

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Update: The auto start/stop light is back on, check engine light is back on and exhaust smells terrible.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Nevermind, seen your update. Sucks to hear

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTUR, 19’ F-250 Lariat Sport, 20’ Tacoma Sport, 19’ Harley CVO Road Glide
Occupation
HVAC GURU
Update: The auto start/stop light is back on, check engine light is back on and exhaust smells terrible.
So sorry to hear about your problems and that JEEP’s piss poor resolution to the issue is causing you so much trouble. It is very funny to see all those fan boy idiots are non existent. Got me second guessing on my reorder.
Sure seems to be a lot of quality control issues right now for JEEP for such a said tried and true platform, and power train from the JL.
Something just doesn’t seem right with these Gladiators. They now issued a recall for the 6 speed manual, and by all rights should be issuing a recall and stop sale for the 3.6 POS until they actually fix the issue.
Again I am so sorry to see what your having to go thru on a new vehicle. Reminds me of a few CVO Harley’s I went thru in the past few years to get a good bike. Best of luck to you bro.

Sponsored

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC GURU
Hello all, recently purchased 2020 Rubicon gladiator. All was well first 800 miles, then p137 oxygen sensor code. Code cleared after day or two. Now around 1400 miles, owned less than two months and have blinking check engine light, p137 and p300 codes. exhaust smells terrible, vehicle barely runs, stutters doesn't shift right, etc. I want rid of this piece of trash ASAP. unbelievable to be having problems like this, apparently widespread on a new vehicle. I appreciate any tips, tricks, feedback on buyback.
I don’t know what your buyback laws are where you live but I would start forcing the issue down their throat’s. Here in Virginia if they can’t resolve the issue after 3 attempts or the vehicle is out of commission over 30 days then they have to buy the vehicle back and reimburse you for every dollar you have sunk in the POS. Including down payment, taxes, property taxes, insurance, etc. They won’t refund for any upgrades and will prorate the mileage over 20k.
Let’s just say I have been thru it on a 2017 Ford F-350 Dually that had a water leak that they couldn’t find or repair causing rampant mold growth that totaled the vehicle. I was able to do everything myself without an attorney. Pretty simple process. You just need to keep very good records and receipts and be very specific that it is going in for the exact same problem. The Lemon Law saved me from having a $60,000 paperweight POS. The only clause is it can’t be a vehicle for commercial use / or in a business name. PM me if you have any questions.

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I don’t know what your buyback laws are where you live but I would start forcing the issue down their throat’s. Here in Virginia if they can’t resolve the issue after 3 attempts or the vehicle is out of commission over 30 days then they have to buy the vehicle back and reimburse you for every dollar you have sunk in the POS. Including down payment, taxes, property taxes, insurance, etc. They won’t refund for any upgrades and will prorate the mileage over 20k.
Let’s just say I have been thru it on a 2017 Ford F-350 Dually that had a water leak that they couldn’t find or repair causing rampant mold growth that totaled the vehicle. I was able to do everything myself without an attorney. Pretty simple process. You just need to keep very good records and receipts and be very specific that it is going in for the exact same problem. The Lemon Law saved me from having a $60,000 paperweight POS. The only clause is it can’t be a vehicle for commercial use / or in a business name. PM me if you have any questions.
Thanks for the replies. Sucks all the way around. The fix seemed to work for a few weeks but it’s doing the same thing it was before now. Would really like to stay in Gladiator but I’ve lost pretty much all confidence in the Jeep. Same lemon law here, 3 tries on same issue or 30 days out of service.

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC GURU
Thanks for the replies. Sucks all the way around. The fix seemed to work for a few weeks but it’s doing the same thing it was before now. Would really like to stay in Gladiator but I’ve lost pretty much all confidence in the Jeep. Same lemon law here, 3 tries on same issue or 30 days out of service.
Good luck my friend.

ForestTech

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Forestry
There’s a know issue with All 2020 JL and JTs the current fix is to change the rocker arms and tibbets.

Apparently there’s they made a change to the engine. They basically added a timing system to the variable valve time system in the penstar
They replace the entire left
side cylinder head, cam, rocker arm and rockers. I know because they did it to mine about a month ago and i haven't had any issues since...
Sponsored