First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
So I know their has been some discussion on this issue. Took mine for inspection and it failed. Dealer said it wasn't the bulb but a wiring issue. I'm 5 days out of warranty and the dealer said there is usually a grace period and they might cover it but not sure so we'll see. Here is the odd part....I have a habit of checking my oil life and I was around 60%...I did not go for an oil change just an inspection. So I leave the dealership and just happen to check it and it was reset to 100%. Could it have been reset because of them testing the wiring? Or can that only happen if you manually reset it.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Wiring diagram says the third brake light is actuated by a signal from the body control module.

I did a brief check with Jscan and there is PIDS in the body control module that monitor oil life reset parameters.

If I was to speculate, the service guys might have done a factory reset of the body control module and it wiped all oil change reset data setting it back to 100%.

Jeep Gladiator 2020 sport failed inspection....3rd brake light Screenshot_20230816_191235_OBD JScan

Attachments

OP
OP
Stonesolo

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Wiring diagram says the third brake light is actuated by a signal from the body control module.

I did a brief check with Jscan and there is PIDS in the body control module that monitor oil life reset parameters.

If I was to speculate, the service guys might have done a factory reset of the body control module and it wiped all oil change reset data setting it back to 100%.

Jeep Gladiator 2020 sport failed inspection....3rd brake light Screenshot_20230816_191235_OBD JScan
Well that would explain it because I don't see why they would have done that. Thanks for the info.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Well that would explain it because I don't see why they would have done that. Thanks for the info.
I do not know what your state inspection involves. I know some at a minimum have scan tools hooked up to check emission monitors to see if they are set and a dealership would have their OEM wiTech scan tool that tells them everything on the bus topology and they could have just as easily fingered it and reset it.

To me, it is not a Scooby Doo Mystery to be worried about. An annoyance more than anything.

OP
OP
Stonesolo

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
I do not know what your state inspection involves. I know some at a minimum have scan tools hooked up to check emission monitors to see if they are set and a dealership would have their OEM wiTech scan tool that tells them everything on the bus topology and they could have just as easily fingered it and reset it.

To me, it is not a Scooby Doo Mystery to be worried about. An annoyance more than anything.
Yea...trusting the dealership is what I lack since I brought the wife's jeep in for an oil change and they never put the shroud back on and I never noticed it till I put new brake pads on.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver