Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares
Thanks for reaching out. It is much appreciated!
Sponsored

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Just an update for anyone having similar issues that I have had.

RESTART YOUR PHONE.

I was having another unrelated issue with my iPhone so I restarted my phone and when I plugged my phone into my truck today CarPlay was working again. Iā€™m still going to report it to my dealer so they have it on file but it seems to have solved my issue for the time being.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I'm having similar issues on my newly acquired 2021 with 8.4... iPhone 12 Pro Max + Apple USB cable, it will disconnect randomly when using the USB port in the center console. I haven't noticed it disconnect when using the USB port on the dash near the shifter.

I'll try toggling BT and WiFi to see if that makes a difference, but I haven't paired my phone via BT (since I exclusively use CarPlay to access my phone).

Hoping I can utilize the center console port without issue since it cleans up the cable management a bit...

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I'm having similar issues on my newly acquired 2021 with 8.4... iPhone 12 Pro Max + Apple USB cable, it will disconnect randomly when using the USB port in the center console. I haven't noticed it disconnect when using the USB port on the dash near the shifter.

I'll try toggling BT and WiFi to see if that makes a difference, but I haven't paired my phone via BT (since I exclusively use CarPlay to access my phone).

Hoping I can utilize the center console port without issue since it cleans up the cable management a bit...
Also plug a usb drive with music into the center console to see if it disconnects.

Unfortunately, even with the Apple Cares ticket, nothing is happening to diagnose mine. It only happens with my iPhone 12 Pro in the center console while using carplay. If I plug into the front connector under the climate controls it doesn't happen. This tells me it is either a high resistance cable, or the module in the center console is overheating.

So they wanted to call it an iPhone 12 issue. To which I ask, "If it is an iPhone issue, why doesn't it happen in the front connector?" So we seem to be at an impasse. FCA doesn't seem to be doing anything besides sending me emails to try to convince me to close my Jeep Cares ticket.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Since the front USB port seems to be more consistent, has anyone tried to extend the front USB port to the center console?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Regarding the radio, phone, & USB stick with songs issues, reboot of all devices is your friend. For the radio, it is easy to do with the Tazer, otherwise, battery disconnect is required.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Tried disabling BT and WiFi today, and no luck--continued to freeze and then disconnect.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Since the front USB port seems to be more consistent, has anyone tried to extend the front USB port to the center console?
Hi there!
Sorry to hear about the concerns you're experiencing recently. If you decide to get this properly diagnosed and addressed by your Jeep dealer and would like additional support, please feel free to send our team a private message! We'd be more than happy to help.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Treyfoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Hi there!
Sorry to hear about the concerns you're experiencing recently. If you decide to get this properly diagnosed and addressed by your Jeep dealer and would like additional support, please feel free to send our team a private message! We'd be more than happy to help.

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Iā€™m having the exact same issue but my service department said they had not found a solution yet and the problem must not well reported. They are still trying to fix it...

if anyone else is having this issue please let your service department know!

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Iā€™m having the exact same issue but my service department said they had not found a solution yet and the problem must not well reported. They are still trying to fix it...

if anyone else is having this issue please let your service department know!
Hey Trey! Sorry about that. Please don't hesitate to send us a private message if you'd like us to look into this further, to see where we can be of assistance. Thanks!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Good Morning All,
Iā€˜m the owner of a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with the 8.4ā€ - Display. I also have this issue... and its been going on since the drive home from the dealer on day 1. I would say my issue is identical to all the others described above... IPhone connected to the USB within the center console....Apple CarPlay drops out randomly. Ive tried everything.... Apple lighting cables... aftermarket cables. I even went as far as purchasing a new phone... went from IPhone X to IPhone 12pro... same issue.. both phones. I also have multiple GM vehicles that support apple CarPlay from the factory.. no issues with those vehicles. Bottom line.... its the JEEP....and Itā€™s totally frustrating. I was on an call yesterday and the apple car play dropped out every 6 - 8 minutes over and over again. You need to reach in the center console, and with one hand unplug the phone and plug in again to get the Apple CarPlay back.
Just to be clear... I do not have my phone paired to my 2021 JTR or any of my GM vehicles.. I strictly use plug in Apple CarPlay. The pattern is as follows...... plug in phone to USB port in center console... close the console and apple CarPlay is Immediately selectable... I use the hands free button and select a playlist.. it plays..... then randomly.. I notice the timer on the song progress stops... then shortly thereafter the music stops... screen holds frozen on apple CarPlay for a few seconds.. then the screen goes back to the black screen prompting me to pair a phone. This scenario happens either listening to music or while on a call.. .each time after the jeep drops apple CarPlay.. either the music or phone call is still active on the actual phone while sitting in the console.. I either to the one handed re-plug or take the phone out and continue the call on my ear. Itā€™s not the phone. or the cable thats the issue... again.. its the JEEP.
Iā€™m due for my first service in a few weeks.. Iā€™ll mention it to the dealer ( who is fantastic ).. but Iā€™m 100% sure they will have no solution or just tell me to plug it in somewhere else... which is not acceptable. I love the fact that my phone can be neatly put in the console plugged in and out of sight. Thats what the port is there for and it should work properly. I just want to enjoy the music and cruise in the jeep..... drama free

Fla2smoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2018 GX460
I have a 2021 JT Willys with the 8.4ā€œ display. Was using an iPhone 7+ and CarPlay with no issues from the USB in the center console. Last week I upgraded to an iPhone 12 and now have the same disconnect issues as everyone else. Both phones on the same IOS version. When CarPlay disconnects does everyoneā€™s phone still show charging? Mine does. CarPlay works perfectly from the dash USB plugs

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I have a 2021 JT Willys with the 8.4ā€œ display. Was using an iPhone 7+ and CarPlay with no issues from the USB in the center console. Last week I upgraded to an iPhone 12 and now have the same disconnect issues as everyone else. Both phones on the same IOS version. When CarPlay disconnects does everyoneā€™s phone still show charging? Mine does. CarPlay works perfectly from the dash USB plugs
Interesting, seems like an issue with the newer iPhones, as I've got a 12 and it does the same exact thing.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Yes... I still show its charging
Sponsored