Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
A number of changes. Here's a few I noticed.

Now you can select 8.4 radio with MT.

Active Safety and Adaptive Cruise now have to be together.

Full-time AWD available (but not with MT).

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Poking around jeep website and I was able to change the URL to access the 2021 build site!

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.gladiator....gladiator?app=bmo&vehicle=gladiator&year=2021

Enjoy
It's still kind of glitchy. I've ordered a 2021 Sport and can confirm that the Alpine Audio comes with the 8.4" radio... but it still double charges. Additionally, it's charging for Convenience even if you choose the Popular equipment package. I'm betting it's up for testing right now... take the numbers with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
interesting that it shows that when building a Rubicon, you cannot get the Roctrack 4:1 tcase with the diesel. I hadn't heard that before.
Also shows that the 4:1 transfer case is now an OPTION ($695) on the Rubicon instead of standard. That's a big change.
My error... didn't see that the option was for a FT tcase.

Last edited:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
interesting that it shows that when building a Rubicon, you cannot get the Roctrack 4:1 tcase with the diesel. I hadn't heard that before.

Also shows that the 4:1 transfer case is now an OPTION ($695) on the Rubicon instead of standard. That's a big change.
The option is to change to auto full time 4wd like the Overland (Sahara's) ...... 4:1 ROCK-TRAC HD FULL TIME 4WD SYSe

Last edited:

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Extra dollars aside, that is actually a plus, IMO. If I were ordering a Rubicon, I would like to get lockers, but I don't need 4:1. 2.72:1 is better for my needs.

Sponsored

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
Popular equipment group does not change anything above.
I do not think they have it right yet.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Extra dollars aside, that is actually a plus, IMO. If I were ordering a Rubicon, I would like to get lockers, but I don't need 4:1. 2.72:1 is better for my needs.
I don't disagree.

Unfortunate that they both raised the price of the Rubicon AND de-contented it like that. A bold move given that the Jeep's 1st real competitor is just a couple months away, and it's coming ready to fight.

With the removal of the standard 4:1 tcase, it seems like it is coming down to the fact that the only significant difference between the Rubicon and the Mojave is that the Rubicon has a front locker, and the Mojave has better shocks. Kinda seems silly to have entire trim lines differentiated by such simple bolt-ons, but here we are. My error -- difference between 4:1 PT Tcase and a 4:1 FT tcase.

Last edited:

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
This is part of my 2021 order and it went through fine, so I think you're right. You don't need to have adaptive cruise to select the safety group.
Which is great b/c adaptive cruise was created by satan ...