Sponsored

2021 JL unlimited sky one-touch powertop, rattle heard CONSTANTLY above the left passenger side door. Anyone have any idea on temporary fixes?

OP
OP

connorob123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Sport
Hey all. I just purchased this jeep back in June and over the last month this rattle has appeared and has gotten significantly worse. I've narrowed it down to being the sky one-touch powertop above the left passenger side door. Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone have any idea for temporary fixes? I'm leaving for florida in January and can't get it into the dealer until after January 3rd.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
There's plenty of users on both sides of the forum, but you'll probably get better answers over on the JL side. Talking about this top to Gladiator people will just get some of us foaming at the mouth with jealousy.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
considering you're asking questions about a top option not available on the vehicle for the forum you're posting on, you're not likely to have much knowledge base with the problem.

OP
OP

connorob123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Sport
There's plenty of users on both sides of the forum, but you'll probably get better answers over on the JL side. Talking about this top to Gladiator people will just get some of us foaming at the mouth with jealousy.
Oh my bad! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I apologize for posting in the wrong area!

Sponsored

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Find the mounting bolts and tighten the bolts. We had one come it with the same issue and we just hit all the bolts in the rear and there are several in the roll bar area, got a half a turn out of a few and that was it

OP
OP

connorob123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Sport
Find the mounting bolts and tighten the bolts. We had one come it with the same issue and we just hit all the bolts in the rear and there are several in the roll bar area, got a half a turn out of a few and that was it
Hey thank you for responding! I tried that however it was still rattling after.

Is something like this also covered under warranty?

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey thank you for responding! I tried that however it was still rattling after.

Is something like this also covered under warranty?
YES!
A rattle that should not be there is a warranty repair under the 3year or 36K.

to speed up the process; remove and or secure everything in the Jeep. Noise will bounce with the glass and could be coming from below. Try sitting in the back and move around to see if you can find the general location. I will also lightly tap on the plastic interior parts and find one that is not snapped into place.

I have had a client that heard a rattle near the passengers sun visor and I found the jack loose in the rear...I know it sound crazy (no pun intended) but when I was driving it was at the sun visor; when I sat in the back seat it moved and I could not tell; then I climbed in the rear and it was the Jack.

I have also found a seat mount bolt that needed a 8th turn to stop the rattle.

Most times I find that its something small but the noise will drive you nuts, good luck

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I really can't hear the noise in the clip you have. To rule out wind you can take some of the blue painters tape along the top gaps and drive it to see if it goes away.
Sponsored