Sponsored

2021 Sport S coming without the air dam?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

8track

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator sport s
Occupation
Tattooer
They’re called close out panels, and the manuals still get them. If you have the automatic they’re gone
My 21 Sport S Manual. I had to jump through hoops to get one with a clutch pedal. There were none within 250 miles of me, probably why most of the 21’s you’ve seen have the premium bumper
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sport S coming without the air dam? 0D8817E4-8CF7-4296-B9FB-620B95F44058

T - Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Hello everyone, new to the group! On this bumper close off cover thread, I to have the bumper with the silver trim. Can you still install this close off cover and if so has anyone done it maybe with a parts breakdown list?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, new to the group! On this bumper close off cover thread, I to have the bumper with the silver trim. Can you still install this close off cover and if so has anyone done it maybe with a parts breakdown list?
I sure wish there was at least a shield - the mud and sand and salt that gets tossed over the top of the bumper is nasty.
Yes, I have the steel bumper on there now but I still wish there was some sort of a shield. Even when the rest of the truck stays at least a little clean, there's piles of sand and mud on the top of the bumper. (and that means salt in winter)
Maybe something that could be easily removed when desired.

The dealer told me - this was before I swapped to a steel bumper - that if I ordered those parts, and they didn't fit Overland, the parts were returnable.

Sponsored

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Lord!!! My 2020 Sport S has the under side plastic thingy that could double for a sled that I used as a kid, and doesn't have the other plastic thingy's that go between the bumper and the fender. Who really gives a shit. If you have them and don't like them, take them off!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Lord!!! My 2020 Sport S has the under side plastic thingy that could double for a sled that I used as a kid, and doesn't have the other plastic thingy's that go between the bumper and the fender. Who really gives a shit. If you have them and don't like them, take them off!!
Where the hell did that come from? Ouch.
No one is complaining about HAVING them here.............. the question was are the Sport S now coming without them (because some of us DO want them)
Obviously some here DO give a shit -no real need to jump on 'em.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Where the hell did that come from? Ouch.
No one is complaining about HAVING them here.............. the question was are the Sport S now coming without them (because some of us DO want them)
Obviously some here DO give a shit -no real need to jump on 'em.
LOL! Sorry, I've calmed down :CWL:. I just found it a bit amazing how much back and forth there was about what these things were called, and whether they were installed or not installed. And my lack of patience just got the better of me I guess, sorry to everyone that I may have offended. :lipssealed: I'll go back into my hole now...

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
30 years from now, when Gladiators are competing in the Concours D'Elegance at Pebble Beach, it will be important to have these details documented. I'd hate to lose points because my truck doesn't have them :LOL:

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
30 years from now, when Gladiators are competing in the Concours D'Elegance at Pebble Beach, it will be important to have these details documented. I'd hate to lose points because my truck doesn't have them :LOL:
I think they'll only be allowing Rubicons or Mojaves at Concours D'Elegance, so I think the Sport "black fender thingy" discussion is moot for Pebble :like: :beer:

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Give it 50 years and when they're all destroyed or gone, it'll be a rarity like the old muscle cars that everyone is drooling over in full restored glory.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
My lower plastic piece has taken a couple wacks off road and I am actually impressed at how well it has worked and maintained it look. Might not be the best for those navigating the rocks, but for the midwest it does well with mud, tree stumps and branches, and the occasional large river rock. The picture is after a 3 hour grime removal session after riding the river banks. I am pretty happy. Came close to needing a winch a couple times though. May have to give up my plastic.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sport S coming without the air dam? 1009202225

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
Wanted the premium bumper but not the painted fenders (less to worry about scratching). Couldn’t find that combo, so solved the air dam issue with a box cutter. 😄

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
the plastic thing is an air dam designed to improve airflow of the brick. Nothing more nothing less.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
glad I found a thread about this...

Are the plastic air dams (under the bumper) interchangeable? Im asking because I just put on a rubi bumper with the steel skid and want to see of I notice a difference with the plastic air dam instead of the skid. I have my plastic dam from my sport s bumper, just not sure if they necessarily connect to the rubi bumper.

Im at work otherwise Id go out in the garage and take a look.

Looking at picures there are screws under the rubi bumper, where there were plastic push pins under the sport bumper that held the plastic air dam in place. Does any one know if theyre interchangable? Or is there a specific plastic air dam that goes with the 2020 rubi plastic bumper.
Sponsored