Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That’s what i was figuring. Whats the easiest way to adjust the caster without having to unbolt everything?
Shortening the front uppers is going to be your best bet! Also, when you bolt them back in, don't worry about trying to make them both the exact same length, as doing so tends to lead to unnecessary bind and premature bushing wear. Just get one set to your desired length, and the other just adjust as needed to get the bolt hole to line up :)
Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Response time:
15 hours from when I included them in a post last night.. 3 hours after closing time.
Responded within 3 hrs of being open today.

I’m not sayin I’m sayin, but I’m just sayin if you know what I’m saying…not too shabby.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Response time:
15 hours from when I included them in a post last night.. 3 hours after closing time.
Responded within 3 hrs of being open today.

I’m not sayin I’m sayin, but I’m just sayin if you know what I’m saying…not too shabby.
Nice to have customer service when its gone from many .

OP
OP
mweynon

mweynon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2018 JLUR
So in conclusion…

I adjusted the caster to 6.5 degrees by shortening the upper control arms and now it tracks down the road nicely. The steering is predictablewith no bump steer or pull to the right.

All said and done, the Clayton kit is high quality but more importantly, their customer service is responsive and helpful.

Really satisfied.

2B4BAD10-9EB0-408D-B5B2-1C4AB8BACCFA.jpeg

OP
OP
mweynon

mweynon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2018 JLUR
I pieced together my Clayton kit. Did you get adjustable track bars front and rear? I didn’t pay a shop to do my alignment but my steering was sensitive too at first. I forgot to recheck and center axles, went from AEV spacers to current pieced kit. Had to adjust track bars a bit. And my toe was dead even, now just under 1/8” toe in. And drives great!
My brother inlaw also has a gladiator on teraflex 1.5” spacers and 35s. He drove mine on 37s and he said it feels like driving a car compared to his.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 JTR Clayton Overland alignment 2B4BAD10-9EB0-408D-B5B2-1C4AB8BACCFA
Yes front and rear track bars included with kit.

What is that metalcloack bracket called? Does it check toe and caster?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mweynon

mweynon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2018 JLUR
Shortening the front uppers is going to be your best bet! Also, when you bolt them back in, don't worry about trying to make them both the exact same length, as doing so tends to lead to unnecessary bind and premature bushing wear. Just get one set to your desired length, and the other just adjust as needed to get the bolt hole to line up :)
Awesome. Thanks for the tip.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
There is a lot to be said about customer service. I emailed or called, Synergy, EVO, RockJock and a couple others...
I was going to go with EVO until I called them, they didn't want to be bothered with giving me information on their lift, simple questions like spring length and rate. All I got from them was "go wifh the 2.5, it is a good lift", so needless to say I won't be using that lift.
When I called Clayton today, they were more than happy to tell me about their products and also suggested multiple kit numbers in case I didn't want to buy a kit that had a lot of stuff I didn't want in it. So I will be going with Clayton simply because you can actually call them and they will help you and answer questions.
In the end customer service and a decent product always wins...

OP
OP
mweynon

mweynon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2018 JLUR
More Clayton lift info:

It’s been a few months since I installed this lift and it still rides great. More importantly, tows great with a 2500 lb trailer. It didn’t even sag when hooked up.

Overall, I am impressed with this lift especially compared to the bouncy stock suspension.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
More Clayton lift info:

It’s been a few months since I installed this lift and it still rides great. More importantly, tows great with a 2500 lb trailer. It didn’t even sag when hooked up.

Overall, I am impressed with this lift especially compared to the bouncy stock suspension.
I'm semi-happy that they changed the Rubicon suspension for 2023, but also a little sad that i don't have an excuse now to buy a new lift just to get rid of the bad ride. Glad to hear the kit is worth the price, this is my most likely choice.
Sponsored