Sponsored

2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated!

Joe_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Vette Conv., 03 Harley Heritage Springer
Love my 2022 Rubicon but I’m cursed with a short garage due to my workbench. I have to put the plastic bumper nubs into my cabinet (with the doors removed) to get it to fit.

Is the steel factory bumper better tucked into the body or is there a good aftermarket choice that will give me maybe 2” more clearance?

See pics below and thanks for any advice!

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated! IMG_2364
Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated! IMG_0852
Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Frame chop bumper?

The Motobilt stubby bumpers should be slimmer…

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Love my 2022 Rubicon but I’m cursed with a short garage due to my workbench. I have to put the plastic bumper nubs into my cabinet (with the doors removed) to get it to fit.

Is the steel factory bumper better tucked into the body or is there a good aftermarket choice that will give me maybe 2” more clearance?

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated! IMG_0852
Try this. Super low profile. And the fog lights would be very easy to mount in the location of your choosing.

IMG_5719.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
you just need a bigger garage.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
you just need a bigger garage.
I can’t fit mine in the garage without removing several feet from it. :) I know the pain.

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
That counter is what? 22-23" deep?
Lowes, HD, Menard's, and others have tool chests with workbench tops that are 18" deep. I used them on both sides of my 2 car garage and they leave lots of room for opening and closing doors.
They'll keep your stuff better organized and accessible, and they'll cost about as much as new bumper. Maybe less.

You could even take the cabinets out and leave the top surface, supported by legs. Then roll the tool chest underneath.

Here's the last one I bought as an auxiliary box for some specialty tools, but there are many options.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-CFT-52-IN-10-Drwr-Cabinet-Red/5002904163

Forgive the mess. I need to tidy up tomorrow.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated! PXL_20230624_035507121

Last edited:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That counter is what? 22-23" deep?
Lowes, HD, Menard's, and others have tool chests with workbench tops that are 18" deep. I used them on both sides of my 2 car garage and they leave lots of room for opening and closing doors.
They'll keep your stuff better organized and accessible, and they'll cost about as much as new bumper. Maybe less.

You could even take the cabinets out and leave the top surface, supported by legs. Then roll the tool chest underneath.

Here's the last one I bought as an auxiliary box for some specialty tools, but there are many options.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-CFT-52-IN-10-Drwr-Cabinet-Red/5002904163

Forgive the mess. I need to tidy up tomorrow.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated! PXL_20230624_035507121
I made one years ago in a garage with only 12” between the wall and door opening. I used 6 12” deep uppers for tool chests, made a stainless steel angle iron frame for the base, with feet, and put butcher block across on top. I still have it and it works great. It might weigh 300lbs, but oh well. :)

IMG_3930.jpeg

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You guys give some lousy advice...

Go buy a different house with a Jeep friendly garage!

All joking aside, don't install a slimmer bumper as you'll put your safety at risk. The steel bumper has the same dimensions as the plastic bumper so there's nothing to be gained there.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated! tempImage5SNCZL

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I just installed a metalcloak front bumper. From grille to shackle mount is about 10” . I didn’t measure the stock’s furthest point but you can go from there.

IMG_4349.jpeg

IMG_4351.jpeg

IMG_4353.jpeg

IMG_4354.jpeg

Sponsored

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
It looks like you could reconfigure your garage to have the workbench and cabinets along the side wall by the bike instead? It would be a good bit of work, but close to free.

What about a rear bumper delete? Not sure if the laws changed, but you used to be able to buy cheap pickups without a rear bumper. A 2x4 or angle Iron painted black back there would be less of a safety compromise

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
the arcus front bumper will work if you leave off the front hooks it comes with (or cut them down).

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated! IMG_4354
Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon in need of a shorter bumper to fit in garage, advice appreciated! IMG_4354
I think you just need a shorter work bench !!!!!

Wageslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 GC Overland, '21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Dumb question, but can you just pull your countertop up, then shift all your lower cabinets to the right to give your bumper clearance?

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I shaved the bumps on the front of my bumper, but not sure that would help you much. The frame is about 1/2 to 1 inch max from the front of the rest of the bumper. If you want to test, you could pull the front bumper and see where the frame horns sit without a bumper installed.

To shave the bump stops, you need to remove the bumper and remove the impact cans. Then you need to make a panel to fill cover the space once you remove the bumps that stick forward.
Sponsored