Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Jeep still hasn't even updated their website with the 22MY yet......šŸ’
That's right, no official launch yet. Which means tricks may still exist up sleeves. The order guide placated us, but can be updated at any point. If they do some real changes I am in. XAK! XAK!

V8 will happen for this generation of JT, but it may be a long wait. I'm not holding my breath for that one.
Sponsored

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
I hope these are the wheels for 2022. Iā€™ve got my 2022 order in and got my VIN but can't see the window sticker yet. Hoping that gives me more details on the wheels.
My dealer was unable to do black wheels on sport S for 22. I believe they are alum.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I ordered a Bronco yesterday. I have been waiting to order a 22 Earl JTRD and have finally given up. If that option becomes available before the Bronco arrives then I will forgo the Bronco and order.

For those that may be interestedfeel free to read on. After finally driving the Bronco, I was shocked to find the ride isnā€™t significant better than a Mojave or Rubicon. Fortunately, there is no wandering and the steering is responsive. However, the overall ride quality is somewhere between a lifted Mojave and Rubicon in how it feels a little floaty with lots of suspension travel. The JT has less blind spots and much better over the hood/fender views as well as better brake feel (Bronco has mushy brakes at the top). The Bronco with the 2.7, while not fast, is very responsive when getting on the freeway and easily maintains highway speeds up to 75 (important here in Texas to avoid getting run over). The 4 cylinder feels no better than the Pentastar. The JT always feels like itā€™s working a bit at speeds over 75 and I really begin to feel wind resistance. The wind and passing 18 wheelers didnā€™t budge the Bronco.

The wind noise in the soft tops is comparable and the Bronco hard top was slightly quieter than a JT hardtop with sound deadening material. Although the Bronco tops are crap right now (including early version 2.0 tops), Iā€™m still going to roll the dice and hope it gets sorted out.
I order with the X-plan and will end up around 46k for a Black Diamond with steel bumpers, rear locker, marine grade vinyl seats, safety packages, LEDs, tow package, hardtop, roof rack, mid option package, 2.7/auto, aux switches, and 32ā€s. A comparable JTRD ordered from Gupton was pushing about 52k with the full discount.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rumors? 771F99A2-5B45-495F-B547-C4B6B9144291

Last edited:

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
I ordered a Bronco yesterday. I have been waiting to order a 22 Earl JTRD and have finally given up. If that option becomes available before the Bronco arrives then I will forgo the Bronco and order.

For those that may be interestedfeel free to read on. After finally driving the Bronco, I was shocked to find the ride isnā€™t significant better than a Mojave or Rubicon. Fortunately, there is no wandering and the steering is responsive. However, the overall ride quality is somewhere between a lifted Mojave and Rubicon in how it feels a little floaty with lots of suspension travel. The JT has less blind spots and much better over the hood/fender views as well as better brake feel (Bronco has mushy brakes at the top). The Bronco with the 2.7, while not fast, is very responsive when getting on the freeway and easily maintains highway speeds up to 75 (important here in Texas to avoid getting run over). The 4 cylinder feels no better than the Pentastar. The JT always feels like itā€™s working a bit at speeds over 75 and I really begin to feel wind resistance. The wind and passing 18 wheelers didnā€™t budge the Bronco.

The wind noise in the soft tops is comparable and the Bronco hard top was slightly quieter than a JT hardtop with sound deadening material. Although the Bronco tops are crap right now (including early version 2.0 tops), Iā€™m still going to roll the dice and hope it gets sorted out.
I order with the X-plan and will end up around 46k for a Black Diamond with steel bumpers, rear locker, marine grade vinyl seats, safety packages, LEDs, tow package, hardtop, roof rack, mid option package, 2.7/auto, aux switches, and 32ā€s. A comparable JTRD ordered from Gupton was pushing about 52k with the full discount.

Nice order - won't it be like 1+ years out? (I thought they were fairly behind is why I ask)

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
That's right, no official launch yet. Which means tricks may still exist up sleeves. The order guide placated us, but can be updated at any point. If they do some real changes I am in. XAK! XAK!

V8 will happen for this generation of JT, but it may be a long wait. I'm not holding my breath for that one.
Yeah I'm in a hold pattern. We're buying a new house in the next 9 month or less.

The only thing that would make me jump is for a Mojito! JTR, but from what I'm seeing out there it looks like the next color they will offer is the Hella Yella

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah I'm in a hold pattern. We're buying a new house in the next 9 month or less.

The only thing that would make me jump is for a Mojito! JTR, but from what I'm seeing out there it looks like the next color they will offer is the Hella Yella
Where you getting the rumor of Hella Yella coming for the JT?

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Local dealer had one sitting out front, said it was not for sale and was going back to Ford in a couple months. They said they were taking orders but that they were 2 years out. It was pretty nice but I would still prefer a Gladiator.
I found another dealer online a couple hours away that says they have 12 on the lot.

Pwntiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Occupation
software developer
Am I the only one upset at the lack of a JT XR rumor?

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Am I the only one upset at the lack of a JT XR rumor?
Nope. Iā€™m upset at the lack of a JT Tuscadero eTorque XR rumor
Pray with me pleaseā€¦

Sponsored

o||4xe||o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022(?) Gladiator Rubicon 4xe
Nope. Iā€™m upset at the lack of a JT Tuscadero eTorque XR rumor
Pray with me pleaseā€¦
I'd get my checkbook out for that, but am even more interested in JT Tuscadero eTorque Hemi XR rumors! :please:

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator

I had a Black Diamond on order but went ahead and cancelled. With all of the quality issues being reported it's obvious they are pushing these things out way too fast and ignoring QC issues. That and Ford's obvious inability to listen to the customer. Many easy changes that customers wanted for 2022 went completely ignored. Add to that several special editions announced that will all be out of reach to the average buyers. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. And I have been waiting for the Bronco since it was first teased back in 2018. And I loved it after finally getting to test drive one. I'm waiting it out for a few years to see if they get their act together. But for now I'm over it.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Sounds like you made the right choice.
Right decision for me. It's amazing the amount of people who are ignoring the obvious quality issues and are paying way over MSRP just to have one now. Yeah some people haven't paid over and have not had a single issue. But for the low numbers that have actually made it into the hands of owners, there should be way less reports of quality issues. It's not like Ford hasn't had the time to make sure everything was right.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Agreed, I ordered mine for 1k under invoice and I hope they get the top issue squared away before then. Iā€™m still holding out hope the JT becomes available to order from Gupton the way I want.
Sponsored