2022 Rumors?

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Why would they discontinue an option that’s available on probably 80% of all vehicles manufactured today.
I wasn’t going to order anyway as I can do the mod myself for much less cost, but, is the harness being replaced somehow where we would not be able to complete the mod???
Not sure if that or simply a shortage. Things like this make me glad I ordered a 21 already... with proximity... but might also be the reason why I've been in D status for two weeks.
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Why would they discontinue an option that’s available on probably 80% of all vehicles manufactured today.
I wasn’t going to order anyway as I can do the mod myself for much less cost, but, is the harness being replaced somehow where we would not be able to complete the mod???
Probably a shortage of some kind. I couldn't order the slush mats with mine because they don't plan on getting anymore before December. No big deal though, I can just order them myself.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I ran the numbers on it, and didn't come up with a favorable cost advantage. Parts are approximately equal to the cost of the checkbox. There might have been a hundred dollars or so difference, but the amount of time it's going to take me isn't free... Plus you have to find a dealer that doesn't suck and will activate it for you (not super great odds in my area).

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
They may be stockpiling, @aceisback. It's possible they want more for 22, esp if it becomes a standard option on say the Overland. It's also possible that it's not completely unavailable, it's just unavailable for certain trims for now. Don't know what @Matts4313 was ordering.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Probably a shortage of some kind. I couldn't order the slush mats with mine because they don't plan on getting anymore before December. No big deal though, I can just order them myself.
I took out the slush mats and bedliner for the same reason; along with the proximity obviously.

Sponsored

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
They may be stockpiling, @aceisback. It's possible they want more for 22, esp if it becomes a standard option on say the Overland. It's also possible that it's not completely unavailable, it's just unavailable for certain trims for now. Don't know what @Matts4313 was ordering.
Max Tow Sport S

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Max Tow Sport S
I don't have access a dealer or Jeep order system for absolute proof, but it was mentioned that it's a mistake in the order guide and online configurator that proximity is an available option for Sport, Sport S, Willys Sport, and Willys, going to have to order a Mojave, Overland, or Rubicon to get proximity.

In my opinion there are a lot better aftermarket options for the slush mats and bedliner to risk them holding up your order.

Last edited:

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I doubt the Mojave will ever see other engine options because of its intended purpose. But I do think a V8 is more likley than a 4xe simply because it would be easier to manufacture and easier to get it to meet payload targets in the midsize chassis.

1. There is no cooling improvement needed. The only people having issues are subjecting the diesel to heavy towing and/or high altitude, and EVERY truck overheats in those conditions as we've recently seen in TFL testing on their YouTube channels. There are many of us towing at maximum capacity without running too warm, much less hot.

2. I have a loaded diesel and it rides like a dream. I even have a winch and steel bumper now, no issues. I suspect those early builds may have mistakenly got the wrong coil springs on the assembly line, because the diesel JTs in general have no issues at all.

3. There are 6 midsize trucks on sale in this country that have fixed roofs. Jeep sells Jeeps.

4. I agree, I would have ordered a diesel Mojave without thinking twice. Too bad... But the 8-speed auto is the best transmission available in any truck in the U.S. It's the best thing that's happened to Jeeps since they hung two more doors on them in 2007.

Unless something changed recently, you can't have Max Tow on anything other than a Sport or Sport S.

There damn sure is a cooling issue. Along the central coast in California up Questa Grade pulling only 3400 lbs, it went to 240+ on coolant and 260+ on oil temp. Ambient was 80ish degrees. It what world is that acceptable? How about Baker Grade on Hwy 15 going to Vegas? Ever been up that one? 18 miles of varying grade in one of the hottest areas in the country. There is NO WAY the JT diesel would make that in the summer pulling any type of load without exceeding acceptable temps. I’ll wager that it would easily hit 240 and 260 empty with nothing more than the AC on and maintaining 65-70 mph.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Seems like an easy opening for an aftermarket grille... They opened up the JL grille as much as they could within the style guidelines. How much better would it be if it were just wide open? Maybe some expanded steel to protect the radiator...

Sponsored

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Seems like an easy opening for an aftermarket grille...

There will need to be a few things to figure out.

1. Larger radiator with more fin count. There’s room.
2. Air flow. Open the grill slots up more. The outers are blocked.
3. A larger fan capable of moving more air through the radiator core.
4. I may add functional good louvers and aluminum fender liners that will allow air to exit the engine compartment.
5. Add an oil cooler. If one side of the grill can be opened up, an engine oil cooler can be added. The oil carries a tremendous amount of heat and getting it through a quality cooler would be a good thing.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Jeep has said repeatedly that the big limiting factor for many things is cooling, and that is due to the "requirement" for branding purposes and branding purposes only. Cut that shit out of there == more air flow. Can be done over an easy weekend with pretty basic tools and very little skill. If that doesn't solve the problems, then start throwing money at it with larger radiators, fans, oil coolers, and the like. Cheapest/simplest solution first before you start throwing money at it. Especially if you have a strong suggestion by the manufacturer as to what the root of the problem actually is.

BaHH

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2004 Z06
I couldn't order my Rubi *without* the floor mats. I've always bought aftermarket ones but when I was sitting at the dealer, my salesman and I both messed around on the computer doing different combinations of a build and as soon as either of us clicked Rubicon, the next page for options was locked ordering mats. He knew I didn't want em and let me use the computer but it wasn't havin it. I did have the Cold weather package selected but with a MT so no remote start. But even without it, the mats were locked. Not sure if it's a regional thing since I'm upstate NY.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
I pray for the day they ditch uconnect and go with the android build they keep teasing once in awhile. Either way a better working radio that can retrofit to prior years would be great..then I can burn my base 5 uconnect lol.
Sponsored