2022 Rumors?

JeepJedi

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Texas Trail Gladitor
Is there a dealer in Texas that has great pricing! my order just got cancelled and now I am getting the run around so I pulled my deposit.
Sponsored

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
Is there a dealer in Texas that has great pricing! my order just got cancelled and now I am getting the run around so I pulled my deposit.
No experience but I’ve heard Covert, in Austin, does okay.

BaHH

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2004 Z06
Lol good luck. We’re at 14 months with no end in sight.
FWIW there are plenty of people that ordered and received Build dates in August according to Bronco forums. It all comes down to whether you could settle for the soft top, which I wasn't willing to do.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
FWIW there are plenty of people that ordered and received Build dates in August according to Bronco forums. It all comes down to whether you could settle for the soft top, which I wasn't willing to do.
Yeah, I’m fully aware of the shit show that is Bronco reservations lol, Ive been on the forums for over a year. It’s a disaster and has come down to a dealer allocation formula with constraint gamble.

BaHH

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2004 Z06
Yeah, I’m fully aware of the shit show that is Bronco reservations lol, Ive been on the forums for over a year. It’s a disaster and has come down to a dealer allocation formula with constraint gamble.
Agreed. I reserved late (late Feb) so I knew I was in for a wait, but once I started eyeing the Gladiators, I fell in love. I'll reconfigure my Badlands order when I need to and I can always trade in the JTR. But for now I'll probably end up taking delivery of the Bronco for my girl whenever it's built. Or flip it if people are still paying those ridiculous markups whenever it gets delivered.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Agreed. I reserved late (late Feb) so I knew I was in for a wait, but once I started eyeing the Gladiators, I fell in love. I'll reconfigure my Badlands order when I need to and I can always trade in the JTR. But for now I'll probably end up taking delivery of the Bronco for my girl whenever it's built. Or flip it if people are still paying those ridiculous markups whenever it gets delivered.
Yeah that’s late but with the allocation crap it depends on your dealer choice tbh. I reserved for my wife after reservations opened last year and went with Granger. I also have an October I decided I might buy 2 Broncos. I started looking at Gladiators and ended up getting a Gladiator for me instead. But it’s a mess now, I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’d like to believe anyone ordering now has no chance but since I just saw someone who ordered in late August get a build date anything is possible with this crap show.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Alright, took a few days to cool off and now I'm back to waiting until something interesting does happen with the '22s. My current wishful thinking is that they made the 8.4 UC4c unit standard on upper trims because they know eventually they will add a more expensive UC5 option to the list. Total tinfoil hat is that the MY22s will have a different wiring harness in a few places to accommodate both UC 4c and 5. Quite a few pages back I hypothesized that they were restricting the proximity option because the chip was changing / integrating with UC5 and they needed to hoard some things. Hoping that was the right guess.

In the meantime, I can try to wait out this upcoming winter, get one in spring/early summer, and have some good fun with it / have plenty of time to winterize it.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
There are a handful of other Austinites in here and it seems like weve all gone out of state.

Alright, took a few days to cool off and now I'm back to waiting until something interesting does happen with the '22s. My current wishful thinking is that they made the 8.4 UC4c unit standard on upper trims because they know eventually they will add a more expensive UC5 option to the list. Total tinfoil hat is that the MY22s will have a different wiring harness in a few places to accommodate both UC 4c and 5. Quite a few pages back I hypothesized that they were restricting the proximity option because the chip was changing / integrating with UC5 and they needed to hoard some things. Hoping that was the right guess.

In the meantime, I can try to wait out this upcoming winter, get one in spring/early summer, and have some good fun with it / have plenty of time to winterize it.

I did a lot of research on this as the major thing for me is I love technology. So naturally I wanted UC5 in a bad way. People who are a lot smarter than me repeatedly said it would come with the 2023 refresh.

I think expecting it earlier than that is a mistake - but ive shared my opinion already. And we all know about opinions! haha

Sponsored

JeeperPeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, Mustang Mach-e
I have really been wanting to get the Gladiator, just missed building the 2021, and now that the 2022 is here, I am having a hard time getting excited about building one (compared to the 2021 or just waiting). The only noteworthy change seems to be the price, considering the FCA discount is currently unavailable? What am I missing experts? Are my expectations out of whack?

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I have really been wanting to get the Gladiator, just missed building the 2021, and now that the 2022 is here, I am having a hard time getting excited about building one (compared to the 2021 or just waiting). The only noteworthy change seems to be the price, considering the FCA discount is currently unavailable? What am I missing experts? Are my expectations out of whack?
Nothing changed except for colors, a slight price bump, and the Rubicon coming standard with a few more features. You could wait for the 2023 but seeing as how the 2022 orders just started, you might be waiting until next October before even being able to order a 2023.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Man I think you should just order it. Always gonna be something new coming. Part of me regrets not just ordering a 21. I do think it is dumb that jeep didn include uconnect 5. My buddy just ordered a ford explorer st, and that’s still on sync 3. Yet ford is putting the new sync 4 in their transit vans. So dumb that companies like jeep and ford will hold out on little things like that. But I say just pull the trigger and buy one.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Imma wait & see what spring brings- the more I see on the road w/ same-ol’-same-ol’ colors the more I know I want something different. I’ve waited this long & don’t “Have” to buy anything right now : shrug :

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
What's so special about UC5 that everyone is getting wet or their boxers in a bunch over?

If you're so tech driven......think you're looking at the wrong platform (shrugs)
Sponsored