First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
So I'm guessing Silver Zynith is a brighter silver than Billet was? I actually loved Billet because it was darker and different.
That’s what I’m seeing as well. It also seems to have a very subtle blue tint. I’m happy I got my billet when I did 👍
Sponsored

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 M715, 1973 Jeep J4000
Imma wait & see what spring brings- the more I see on the road w/ same-ol’-same-ol’ colors the more I know I want something different. I’ve waited this long & don’t “Have” to buy anything right now : shrug :

Same here. If they would have had Gator available with the diesel engine I would have bought one already. My initial Gladiator excitement has worn off. If the initial and long-term quality of the Land Rover Defender wasn't so atrocious I think I'd buy one of those. Although the new hummer truck looks pretty sweet except for the price tag and lack of charging infrastructure. I wish they offered an ICE version of that truck.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 M715, 1973 Jeep J4000
What's so special about UC5 that everyone is getting wet or their boxers in a bunch over?

If you're so tech driven......think you're looking at the wrong platform (shrugs)
This will be my last new ICE vehicle, which means I'll probably keep it 10 years or more before I buy something else IF the charging infrastructure and battery technology have made improvements where you can do long trips without too much suckage.

Would you go out today and buy an iPhone 6 if you knew that's what you'd have to use for the next 10 years? iPhone 6 was launched the same year as UConnect 4C. What would be even more ridiculous is going out and buying an iPhone 6 at the same price as an iPhone 12 which is essentially is what jeep is pushing.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Would you go out today and buy an iPhone 6 if you knew that's what you'd have to use for the next 10 years? iPhone 6 was launched the same year as UConnect 4C. What would be even more ridiculous is going out and buying an iPhone 6 at the same price as an iPhone 12 which is essentially is what jeep is pushing.
This guy gets it. I don't mind an old iPhone, I mind being sold one at a premium and being told I'm supposed to be happy with it.

Sponsored

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
There's been one claim that Gecko Green was available into the 2022 orders for now, despite not showing up on the order guide.

Has anyone else confirmed through their dealership whether or not this paint is still an option?

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Actually, Gupton just reached back out to me and confirmed Gecko Green is NOT a 2022 option in his system.

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
Covert Jeep is awesome. Tell Mike Kolowski Joel sent you.
Do you have an email? The dealers by me in DFW are Autonation so I'm going to need to travel. If Covert can help me I'd rather go to Austin than Ohio, Tennessee, or Utah.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Colorado, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Substation Technician
Do you have an email? The dealers by me in DFW are Autonation so I'm going to need to travel. If Covert can help me I'd rather go to Austin than Ohio, Tennessee, or Utah.
I'd like to know what kind of deals they can work as well. Austin would cut 7 hours off of drive time for me.

Sponsored

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
I was working with a sales rep at Covert Austin and he was able to do the 1% Tread Lightly discount for a 21 model JT. However, I decided to wait for the 22 and now he wont respond to my txts. As such, I'll probably make the trip to Gupton if Daniel is still able to do the 6-8% discount.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Nothing changed except for colors, a slight price bump, and the Rubicon coming standard with a few more features. You could wait for the 2023 but seeing as how the 2022 orders just started, you might be waiting until next October before even being able to order a 2023.
It was stated somewhere that MY2022 showed up in some internal system as "2021.5". The timing works out, the state of the world works out, and what we finally got works out. It's not a full model year. The questions is whether or not there's an actual 2022.0 in that same system, or since they've been printing "2022" on things, if there will be a 2022.5 show up a few months down the road. Either way, if things are able to revert to a more normal state between now and next summer, it's very likely that we'll get 2023 early. There's essentially been zero invested in anything 2022 related for JT, so it's not like they're trying to recoup anything. Also, and more critically, 2023 is going to be a big year in the less-than-full-size truck world. The new Tacoma, new Ranger, AND new GM twins are all slated to appear. Jeep is not expected to bring out an entirely new platform, and Toyota is going to recover some of the market share they've lost over the last half decade or so due to their blatant coasting strategy. Either Jeep will lead those releases so as not to appear "too little too late", or they'll be releasing a number of mini-updates a la Extreme Recon to compete with particular perceived threats. I doubt we'll get another ultra late start to a non-model year.

IDK, I'm 42 and work in cyber.
I also work in "cyber" but I've never once in my entire life heard anyone in "cyber" call it "cyber" until now. I thought that was just what politicians who didn't know what "cyber" actually was used as a catchall for everything computery and hard to cover for some even more clueless politician who called it "cyber" to begin with.

This guy gets it. I don't mind an old iPhone, I mind being sold one at a premium and being told I'm supposed to be happy with it.
This. Admittedly, I'm in an unusual, and I guess privileged position. I don't need a new truck right now. Even a little. It's just a cost and effort to upkeep. I want one, but not bad enough to spend that kind of money on something that's not actually what I want. There will likely be a time down the road where that need/want balance shifts back in the favor of need, but that'll be some time next year at the earliest, if ever. The automotive industry, by design, lags technologically by a good decade or more to begin with. The iPhone example is pretty on the nose.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Is Gupton taking orders now?
Honestly I'm not sure. This is the email he sent me this morning. It appears that if you want to agree to only 7% instead of the 8% with your affiliate code then you could order right now if you wanted to, since he said they did open up Friday, but that's just my assumption based off this single email.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rumors? Screenshot_20211011-103924

Last edited:

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nothing changed except for colors, a slight price bump, and the Rubicon coming standard with a few more features. You could wait for the 2023 but seeing as how the 2022 orders just started, you might be waiting until next October before even being able to order a 2023.
There’s a new Sport trim called Altitude that has a black grill and can have the Max Tow package.
Sponsored