www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
2022 JTR gasser auto, 4 speed transfer

Does anyone know if there is a 2Lo option in the aftermarket sector?

Some years ago I had a 2Lo conversion kit put in my 06 Tj. I believe terraflex made it. It gave me the addition of a 2lo option which personally I find EXTREMELY valuable. Curious if something exists for the Gladiator
Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
The Front Axle disconnect is electronic. Find a way to remotely activate/deactivate it without the shifter and you have 2 low. Taser says that I can disable same on the website, I have been meaning to try it with mine but it’s such a pain in the ass it wouldn’t be practical to use every time I would want to. Might be a way to set it up so you don’t have to go through 1000 pages to find it.

Of course this won’t work if you go tons or change shafts.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
On my PW. with the Dynatrac hubs. I used to leave the hubs unlocked and put it into 4Lo.

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
The Front Axle disconnect is electronic. Find a way to remotely activate/deactivate it without the shifter and you have 2 low. Taser says that I can disable same on the website, I have been meaning to try it with mine but it’s such a pain in the ass it wouldn’t be practical to use every time I would want to. Might be a way to set it up so you don’t have to go through 1000 pages to find it.

Of course this won’t work if you go tons or change shafts.
Im confused. Are you talking about the sway bar disconnect? The shifting into 4wd or 4Lo is via the center console shifter with a linkage directly to the transfer case. im talking about a transfer case 2wd low operation.

Atlas 2sp twin stick T-case is out there for us now, I believe.

Check out advance adapters

Jeep Gladiator 2Lo option? 1667359174981

https://www.advanceadapters.com/atlas-transfer-case-jeep-jl-2sp-builder

JL/JT shifter
Jeep Gladiator 2Lo option? 1667359174981

https://www.advanceadapters.com/jl-jt-cable-shifter-assy-atlas-2sp
Im afraid this might be the only option. Its not really a way I want to go. Hoping theres just some type of 2lo kit like how teraflex has for my TJ

something like this. But for the JT
https://www.quadratec.com/products/52254_200_07.htm

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Im confused. Are you talking about the sway bar disconnect? The shifting into 4wd or 4Lo is via the center console shifter with a linkage directly to the transfer case. im talking about a transfer case 2wd low operation.

Im afraid this might be the only option. Its not really a way I want to go. Hoping theres just some type of 2lo kit like how teraflex has for my TJ

something like this. But for the JT
https://www.quadratec.com/products/52254_200_07.htm
No the front axle on the passenger side has an electric motor that essentially disconnects the passenger hub (Front Axle Disconnect) for better fuel economy. If you engage 4 low and disengage the FAD your front driveshaft will still spin but without a locker engaged it will behave much like 2wd.

More info on FAD

Edit: other vehicles makes use this mod. I know tacomas do and some other 4wds.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
No the front axle on the passenger side has an electric motor that essentially disconnects the passenger hub (Front Axle Disconnect) for better fuel economy. If you engage 4 low and disengage the FAD your front driveshaft will still spin but without a locker engaged it will behave much like 2wd.

More info on FAD

Edit: other vehicles makes use this mod. I know tacomas do and some other 4wds.
Hmmm. I just skimmed the JL Mini option list and the only mention of FAD manipulation is being able to disable it completely for axle swaps, unless I'm overlooking it somewhere. Perhaps this is something the Taser folks can work on?

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
Yes it can be disabled and enabled with tazer but it is not an easy on off.

You have to do a complete reset and key cycles after changing it. I wish they would make it on of the hot key features. I also have the 2lo shift fork in my old cherokee and it is awesome offroad to cruise in 2lo.

There was a thread about trying to adapt the BD diesel ram 2lo kit but I don't think anybody proceeded with trying it on the gladiators. It is an electrical kit that wires in to the transfer case module. I believe they even contact BD diesel and they were not interested in make one for Jeep.

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester

More info on FAD

oh wow. Ok i had no idea this was a thing. Its interesting things are going back to the ways of old...

Thanks for the link!

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Now we just need someone to come up with an easy solution we can buy (or a good write up.) I’m sure with the JL, JT market there is money to be made.
Sponsored