Sponsored

Eaton E-Locker, Another option finally here for non JTR E-Lockers.

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
Well, After months of waiting i was able to get some steeper Ring and pinion gears and the Eaton locker. Now have an appointment to get it installed a month from now. So, only will hVe been 5 months. I’ll eventually get updates and maybe a pic or 2
Sponsored

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Well, After months of waiting i was able to get some steeper Ring and pinion gears and the Eaton locker. Now have an appointment to get it installed a month from now. So, only will hVe been 5 months. I’ll eventually get updates and maybe a pic or 2
You get the locker in yet? My gears and elocker are on the way, hopefully next couple of weeks for install

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Well I bit the bullet and went with the e-locker for the rear of my JT Sport. I was trying to decide between a truetrac and locker and decided for daily driving the e-locker was right for me. I decided on the e-locker because of its simplicity to install (two wires) and no worrying about airlines, pumps, et cetera. I had it wired up to my auxiliary switch. Clean, simple, and I can engage it whenever I want (unlike a rubicon).

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Same here, I have two waiting on my work bench but waiting on better weather so I can drive one of my beaters when I start my install.

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
That's my understanding, but I could be wrong. If it's a Rubicon only direct replacement then us Non-Rubicons are SOL.
No difference in axles, if it fits a rubicon it will fit the rest

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
A Rubicon diff can be directly bolted into any of the JT models (front or rear) but the axle shafts won't work. The factory electric locker (NOT an ELocker) has the differential cross pin about 13/16" closer to the ring gear. This means that non-Rubi axle would be too long on 1 side and too short on the other.

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Thinking about an elocker for the front of my max tow. Would I need to swap shafts? I have the CV’s and selectrac. If i need new shafts then i would probably do an arb and the 35 spline RCV’s instead.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
A Rubicon diff can be directly bolted into any of the JT models (front or rear) but the axle shafts won't work. The factory electric locker (NOT an ELocker) has the differential cross pin about 13/16" closer to the ring gear. This means that non-Rubi axle would be too long on 1 side and too short on the other.
Rubi and max tow are the same axle width

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Rubi and max tow are the same axle width
Yes but the shafts are different I think, with the rubi locker the shafts are shifted I believe compared to the open. (as was stated above the axles are the same the shafts are not) I am wondering if the elocker will work with the non locker shafts.

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Yes but the shafts are different I think, with the rubi locker the shafts are shifted I believe compared to the open. (as was stated above the axles are the same the shafts are not) I am wondering if the elocker will work with the non locker shafts.
I have a sport s (open diff) and added the eaton e locker. It works

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Thinking about an elocker for the front of my max tow. Would I need to swap shafts? I have the CV’s and selectrac. If i need new shafts then i would probably do an arb and the 35 spline RCV’s instead.
I had the e locker installed on the front of my max tow. I didn’t need to swap shafts.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I had the e locker installed on the front of my max tow. I didn’t need to swap shafts.
Did you need different side spacers for the bearings? I am looking at this and just wondering what I should order for install. I got a big experience install kit for my limited slip ended up using the bearings and paint, and that was it.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Did you need different side spacers for the bearings? I am looking at this and just wondering what I should order for install. I got a big experience install kit for my limited slip ended up using the bearings and paint, and that was it.
I usually do all my own work on my Jeep, but in this case I didn’t want to tackle this one. I wish I could give you more details. Unfortunately, I asked the shop to install the front e locker and truss. They didn’t say i needed spacers, but I don’t if they would have felt the need to mention it?

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Not spacers they are shims. These are used to get your backlash. You can order a dana kit with them from rockauto or some from Yukon. You need to check everthing with the install, pattern and backlash. If you have to move the pinion you’ll need a new crush sleeve and seals.

CFDB64F5-927E-44D9-B236-740682E0E9D5.jpeg
Sponsored