Sponsored

30k Service - do I need to do all these items?

OP
OP
culdbbi

culdbbi

First Name
Kasandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
Bumping this thread. I'm coming up on my 30k service and the dealer is quoting me $1600. That sounds absurd to me.

IMG_1120.jpeg
I ended up following the owner's manual, and did the transmission and differentials myself. I didn't get the fuel injector cleaning just did a bottle of BG 44k. I still need to do my brakes, but need to wait until the weather isn't always rainy in Seattle.

I didn't do a coolant flush either.

I would do what you can yourself, plenty of YouTube videos out there to show you what to do, and not too difficult either.

Then I've been putting my at home services into jeep app so I have a more solid footing for anything that might come up. Although I'm past my 36k, and almost at 50k now.

JulesAo

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Occupation
International Art Thief
I ended up following the owner's manual, and did the transmission and differentials myself. I didn't get the fuel injector cleaning just did a bottle of BG 44k. I still need to do my brakes, but need to wait until the weather isn't always rainy in Seattle.

I would do what you can yourself, plenty of YouTube videos out there to show you what to do, and not too difficult either.

Then I've been putting my at home services into jeep app so I have a more solid footing for anything that might come up. Although I'm past my 36k, and almost at 50k now.
I have a 6-year/ 125k warranty. So I’m def not going to void that.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

I can't see these needing a cooling system flush any sooner than the book says - more time related than miles in most cases. The modern OAT coolants can last a long time. Yes, the additives tend to wane and weaken with time, the anti-corrosion additives weaken and are lost, things like that, but heck, you can hit 30,000 miles in 2 years for some drivers - that's a bit soon for cooling system issues.
Yeah, you can do the differentials with great ease. Some may prefer to let someone else do an automatic transmission and that's fine, but it's doable by many owners as well - but don't do a flush. Even if you pay a shop - don't do a flush, just drop the pan, replace filter, and put in fluid to refill it again. Flush is a no for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
culdbbi

culdbbi

First Name
Kasandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
Some may prefer to let someone else do an automatic transmission and that's fine, but it's doable by many owners as well - but don't do a flush. Even if you pay a shop - don't do a flush, just drop the pan, replace filter, and put in fluid to refill it again. Flush is a no for me.
I should say that I have a manual.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I should say that I have a manual.
Then little excuse to not do that, for those with the manual transmission, drain, refill.
Easier than an oil change - no filter to swap, do it all from under the Jeep.
Sponsored