35's, no lift?

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
35’s will rub on a stock sport or overland if full flexed with the front sway bar disconnected! Mine is close at full stuff with the JKS 3.5 inch lift that uses I believe a 2 inch front bumpstop mounted on the axle running 34x11.5's stock wheels.
Sponsored

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
35’s will rub on a stock sport or overland if full flexed with the front sway bar disconnected! Mine is close at full stuff with the JKS 3.5 inch lift that uses I believe a 2 inch front bumpstop mounted on the axle running 34x11.5's stock wheels.
Clarification, my sway bars were connected when i tested it. I also have the wider max tow fenders and the 35’s are mounted on 7.5” wheels .

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Clarification, my sway bars were connected when i tested it. I also have the wider max tow fenders and the 35’s are mounted on 7.5” wheels .
I didn't know the Max Tow had wider fenders. A lot of small but significant differences with these JT's that we're all learning about.

V1car1ous

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Well I could have sworn that I put a video on my YouTube page from the day I flexed everything out on the river trails, but now I can't find it. Wheel backspace was 5.2". Offset was +10. Width was 8.5". Tires were 315/70-17 Milestar M/Ts. ONLY mods were 2.0" spacers up front, 0.75" spacers in the rear (sourced from Daystar's website), and steel shock extensions for the front only (also from Daystar). Control arms, sway links, drag link, pitman arm, track bars, etc. are all stock.

When I tried to do 35s on stock suspension, I couldn't even get out of the driveway. Had to trim the lower air dam. There IS a video of that on my page. It's been one of my most popular vids. So the small lift spacers fixed that. If I had Rubicon fenders, the spacers would have been unnecessary.
Seems like the real issue on the sport models is the air dams. These are absent on the Overland as well as the Rubicon. Any reason then why you wouldn't be able to run a similar setup on a stock Overland, especially in the setting of little to no offroading?

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Seems like the real issue on the sport models is the air dams. These are absent on the Overland as well as the Rubicon. Any reason then why you wouldn't be able to run a similar setup on a stock Overland, especially in the setting of little to no offroading?
Without the air dam you would certainly be in better shape, but personally I'd still like to have a 1.5" front level just to keep it safe. Even without the air dam the 35s were TIGHT.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Jeep Gladiator 35's, no lift? 20200422_151838
this is my sport s no tow package with 35s I dont rub at all took it offroad with track bar connected no rubbing the only rub I get is at full turn the tire barely hits the track bar.
Thank you. Now I won't be needing to take the shop's word about adding wheel spacers because "it will definitely not fit/rub" without them.

Wally's Dad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Estimator, Preconstruction Manager
Ran my Sport S max tow with bfg MT 35x12.50s no lift but did remove the air dams (looks much better) and did NOT rub fully flexed. Eventually did a 2” leveling spacers which actually is 1.5” since you have to remove the factory spacer 0.5” spacer, but mainly for aesthetics but also gives to a slightly better approach angle. For the last 1000 miles have been running rubicon take offs 33” (will swap on the 35”s for trail rides). Although a nicer less highway tracking drive, No MPG difference 18 hwy, 15 city, round up, same as every Jeep I’ve ever owned.

So we are looking at 33s here?

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Current:
- Stock Sport (S) Suspension
- 33s

In a month or so...
- Rubicon Take-off Suspension (springs and shocks)
- Rubicon Fender Flares
- 35s

...or perhaps I could get to a 37 given the upcoming suspension and fender upgrades.

Sponsored

rgdleon

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Project Manager
Just got 315/70/17 (35s) BFG K02s installed on Method Race Wheels 703 with stock overland suspension. No rubbing at all and they drive great!

Considering how well it fits stock, I decided to move forward with just a leveling kit.

Jeep Gladiator 35's, no lift? Gladiators 35s_2_LI

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
I did 35" tires on Sport Max Tow with no lift.
Modification was cutting a small amount of plastic off the bottom of the front air dam where the tires were rubbing on full left or right steering.

After that 0 rubbing anywhere for street driving. Took it to Hollerwood off road park intermediate trails and with stock sway bar still engaged it only rubbed when the tires were already stuffed and you had to bump it over something. Afterwards damage check there was no scuffing/damage of either the tire or the wheelwell liners.

Wheels were stock spare wheels and tires were 35x12.5 treadwright mud claw 2.

20211009_111924.jpg

Screenshot_20211106-182311_Instagram.jpg

TT32VGT

First Name
austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Just got 315/70/17 (35s) BFG K02s installed on Method Race Wheels 703 with stock overland suspension. No rubbing at all and they drive great!

Considering how well it fits stock, I decided to move forward with just a leveling kit.

Jeep Gladiator 35's, no lift? Screenshot_20211106-182311_Instagram
anymore pics? thx

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
I've got a Rubicon, stock. I just plan on running a leveling kit and stock tires until they wear out. After that I'm bouncing between 33x12.5 or stepping up to 35x12.5. Curious to see other's experiences in this thread.
your stock rubicon should already have 33's on it. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored