First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
I have a sport S NOT MAX TOW and looking to go with 37s. I have a 2” mopar lift just haven’t installed but wanting to know what else would be needed to clear 37s. Any pictures of set up would be appreciated also.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Non-max tow will have the 3.73 gear ratio - are you sure you want to do 37s with that ratio?
I have the Overland which has that ratio and I'd not go over 35.

OP
OP

Mikeytmc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Non-max tow will have the 3.73 gear ratio - are you sure you want to do 37s with that ratio?
I have the Overland which has that ratio and I'd not go over 35.
I guess I should have mentioned mine is also a diesel so I don’t think the gearing will be as bad. If need be I can reheat later just trying to find out what all would need to done to fit 37.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I should have mentioned mine is also a diesel so I don’t think the gearing will be as bad. If need be I can reheat later just trying to find out what all would need to done to fit 37.
Gotcha! Yeah thats different.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You shouldn't need anything else to clear 37's other than wheels or spacers. I think at full lock your going to rub the lower control arms. I'm not sure if the Diesel has the wide track axles, if not your going to catch the lower control.

Sponsored

Necro

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Trans Am, 2012 Wrangler Sport, 2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Quality Assurance inspector
I'm currently running 37's on a Sport non max tow with no lift at all and it doesn't rub at all when I turn, and barely kisses the fenders every once in a while when I hit dips in the road if I'm going fast. The 2" Mopar lift is tall for a 2" lift usually and most people running it claim they clear 37's with no issues. Having the diesel might make your Jeep a little lower in the front though depending on how much heavier it is than the 3.6L gas engine.

Gahill2

First Name
Hill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm currently running 37's on a Sport non max tow with no lift at all and it doesn't rub at all when I turn, and barely kisses the fenders every once in a while when I hit dips in the road if I'm going fast. The 2" Mopar lift is tall for a 2" lift usually and most people running it claim they clear 37's with no issues. Having the diesel might make your Jeep a little lower in the front though depending on how much heavier it is than the 3.6L gas engine.
I have a non tow max w the mopar lift and 37’s....no rub and still fine highway manners....still find it to have enough pep...

I added a leveling kit to eliminate the rake.

34A3BCAC-88B8-43C6-8A44-D5302BEC3B52.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Why? They compensate for the weight of other things like steel bumpers, skid plates and other things with springs. Won't they have heavier springs under the front for a diesel?
There are at least 2 or 3 spring sets for the front of a Rubicon alone, pre-diesel. Hard to believe they'd send 'em out with a lower curb height instead of all the same.

Necro

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Why? They compensate for the weight of other things like steel bumpers, skid plates and other things with springs. Won't they have heavier springs under the front for a diesel?
There are at least 2 or 3 spring sets for the front of a Rubicon alone, pre-diesel. Hard to believe they'd send 'em out with a lower curb height instead of all the same.
I was speculating the after lift height, not the factory height. If a non diesel and diesel JT both run the same lift kit I imagine that if the diesel is heavier then the lift gain would be less. I read somewhere that the Mopar 2" lift is also available with a diesel specific option, but I haven't seen it listed that way any of the websites I saw advertising the Mopar 2" lift for sale. I'm not even sure that the diesel is heavier than the 3.6L, I'm just speculating that as well based on history. For all I know, the new diesel could be lighter?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was speculating the after lift height, not the factory height. If a non diesel and diesel JT both run the same lift kit I imagine that if the diesel is heavier then the lift gain would be less. I read somewhere that the Mopar 2" lift is also available with a diesel specific option, but I haven't seen it listed that way any of the websites I saw advertising the Mopar 2" lift for sale. I'm not even sure that the diesel is heavier than the 3.6L, I'm just speculating that as well based on history. For all I know, the new diesel could be lighter?
Now THAT would be interesting! Even the same weight would be cool.

I thought there was a diesel-specific lift kit as well.

Sponsored

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
You'll be fine for verticle clearance and as long as your backspacing is right you shouldn't have any rubbing. You can always tweak it with spacers if necessary. you have plenty of power for 37's with the diesel without regearing.

OP
OP

Mikeytmc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Thanks for all the replies and info. Tires should be here beginning of next week and didn’t want to get them on only to realize they wouldn’t fit without other modifications.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow, 2014 JKU
What is your wheel setup? I just posted a thread about my setup on my Sport S w/ max tow. And it rubs fenders at half turn. But that could be attributed to the max tow 2 piece fender design.

Necro

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What is your wheel setup? I just posted a thread about my setup on my Sport S w/ max tow. And it rubs fenders at half turn. But that could be attributed to the max tow 2 piece fender design.
I'm running 17" wheels with 4.5" of back spacing.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I have a non tow max w the mopar lift and 37’s....no rub and still fine highway manners....still find it to have enough pep...

I added a leveling kit to eliminate the rake.

Jeep Gladiator 37s on sport s NON max Tow 34A3BCAC-88B8-43C6-8A44-D5302BEC3B52
What offset wheels are these?
Sponsored