• Thread starter Deleted member 24880
  • Start date
  • Watchers 10

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
109 miles???? :surprised:That seems a little excessive. What did the service manager say? Not seeing any evidence of oil around pan from your pictures.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

109 miles???? :surprised:That seems a little excessive. What did the service manager say? Not seeing any evidence of oil around pan from your pictures.
Yeah I thought it was excessive myself for not locating a leak. Had they found the leak after 109 miles then I would’ve probably not cared. They added yellow dye to the oil to help locate the leak but never did. It’s leaking pretty decent now and when I shine the black light on it you can see dye along the pan gasket area, bottom of the oil pan and then see where it is blowing backwards towards the bell housing. Hope to know more first of the week about it.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Ok, sorry to hear. Well the pan gasket is an easy fix. I pull mine off to get all the metal debris out of the pan after break in. If that's all it is, you're good.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

Dropped the truck of at 0800 this morning to the 2nd dealer. They called me less than 45 minutes later. It’s the rear main seal not the pan gasket. Damn it I was hoping for the easier fix but no dice. Parts are ordered, and they think they will have the job completed and ready for me to pick up by Wednesday morning. Very happy with the 2nd dealer so far. They will be getting my business from now on.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds like your first dealer feigned stupidity and did not want the warranty work because the reimbursement rates suck. Glad to see your second dealer has a handle on it.

Sponsored

JTsJT

First Name
J.T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Gator" Ford Excursion Diesel, Toyota FJ, Jeep XJ, Cadillac CTSV LSX Twin Turbo
I had a leak after 1200 miles. It was the transmission fluid heater. Dealer replaced it and no more leaks.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Dropped the truck of at 0800 this morning to the 2nd dealer. They called me less than 45 minutes later. It’s the rear main seal not the pan gasket. Damn it I was hoping for the easier fix but no dice. Parts are ordered, and they think they will have the job completed and ready for me to pick up by Wednesday morning. Very happy with the 2nd dealer so far. They will be getting my business from now on.
@BryanG,
We certainly are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced the first time around. We are happy to see that you are now having this concern resolved. In the future, please know that our team is available for additional support during any dealer service. We are just a private message away!

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

Just picked up the truck from the 2nd dealer. It was most definitely the rear main seal and they found it immediately after they popped open one of the black inspection plugs. (I even asked the 1st dealership if they popped the plug and they said it was bone dry) New rear main seal, pan gasket and had them do the remainder of a service since I am at 5k miles. What a PIA it was to get this done but that’s all on the 1st dealership where I bought the Jeep. Won’t be back to them. Hopefully my seal was just a fluke and this doesn’t happen again to me or become an issue with a bunch of Jeeps. 2nd dealer did say FCA pays about half the labor hours for the repair than what it actually takes and that could be a reason the initial dealership couldn’t find the leak. It’s BS if that’s the case, but I would have no way to prove it to call them out on it. Happy to have it back!

Jzmattingly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sr. Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Well you can Add me to the list, rear seal leak at 11k on my JT Sport. I had just got it back from a regear, so I was a bit nervous when I first noticed the drops in the driveway lol but parts are now on order, hopefully this covid shit won’t keep me down too long due to part availability/shipping lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

That sucks but if they can get the parts it shouldn’t take long. Mine was fixed in a day. Good luck!,

Sponsored

Jzmattingly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sr. Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks but if they can get the parts it shouldn’t take long. Mine was fixed in a day. Good luck!,
Dropped mine off just a few minutes ago, hopefully will have it back today or tomorrow!

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Another added to the list. Leaking at 9600 miles. Making the appointment today.
Sponsored