Sponsored

4xe Sighted in the Wild

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Guy parked next to me. I was kinda hoping they would mate after he raved about the acceleration.
Did not off road it and from talking to him, he probably won't.

Dead ass quiet. I should have shot video. No noise pulling from curb.

tempImage2btYTt.png
I have seen that same one downtown as well!
Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
In my area the 4XE will live along side the G55 and Raptor/T-Rex in terms of look at me vehicles. I love see G wagons getting thrashed and will shake the hand of the person drive the first 4XE I see on the trail.

I just feel that a huge % of the fleet are going to just be parking lot queens designed to impress people in line at the valet.
Most Wranglers and Gladiators never see any more dirt than your average Honda Civic. As enthusiasts here we're all outliers.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I'm waiting for the 2024 JT 4Xe 2nd Gen, figure they'll have the bugs worked out of it. Besides, Biden is going to pay us handsomely to buy hybrids ;). I'll dump my diesel fast for that one. I've seen a 4Xe in Moab, they are great off road. Plenty of torqe when you need it.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We have one JTR and one 4xE high altitude. The 4xE kicks the JTR’s ass at horsepower and torque. It handles foot deep snow as if it’s not there. It’s new, so hasn’t seen trails yet, but would handle them better than any Jeep with a 3.6, and still likely better than a diesel. Solid drivetrain. Any haters should drive one before they judge. All Jeep all the time. Embrace technology or get left behind.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Most Wranglers and Gladiators never see any more dirt than your average Honda Civic. As enthusiasts here we're all outliers.
Not mine, I've already clocked 4000 miles off pavement this year so far.

Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
How long does the battery pack last if you average 15000 miles per year? How much does the battery pack cost to replace once it's time to replace?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
How long does the battery pack last if you average 15000 miles per year? How much does the battery pack cost to replace once it's time to replace?
The warranty is 100K or 10 years on it from the factory. Priuses routinely get 150K miles from their batteries, tesla's 300k+. Tesla's have more cells to absorb cells going bad though, so for a 4xe i'd say somewhere between 100K on the low end to 200K on the high end is reasonable.

Price currently is between 10 and 20K installed, although the price should continue to come down quite a bit (relative to inflation) as it becomes more mainstream.

I would personally not buy a 4xe that I plan on keeping out of the 5 year warranty with out getting an extended warranty since it is early gen technology. That said, we do have a 4xe JLU but we leased it so 3 years its going to get traded in on the refreshed JLU

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The warranty is 100K or 10 years on it from the factory. Priuses routinely get 150K miles from their batteries, tesla's 300k+. Tesla's have more cells to absorb cells going bad though, so for a 4xe i'd say somewhere between 100K on the low end to 200K on the high end is reasonable.

Price currently is between 10 and 20K installed, although the price should continue to come down quite a bit (relative to inflation) as it becomes more mainstream.
Thats better than what I thought it would be. I was thinking batteries would last 3-4 years.
Sponsored