7” vs 8.4” Radio

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
I priced the front camera and was shocked to see the price increase. You have to have the 8.4" screen for the front camera.????? So now I won't be getting front camera.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This is one thing that really bothers me with the 7 inch on the Gladiator. The back up camera has these black bars on each side rather than filling the whole screen like the Wrangler does. The 7 inch also lacks the Uconnect app support, so remote start from your phone, sos assistance, and roadside assistance. This was one of the bigger factors on why I went with the Rubicon over a Max Tow Sport. Having the 8.4 inch touchscreen will stop me from wanting to upgrade in the future to one with the larger touchscreen. I just hope that they will also add the Tire Fill Alert to the 8.4' touchscreen in the future.

IMG_20190729_110133.jpg
Maybe there'll be a firmware fix or recall.

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Does anybody know if the 7" has RCA output? I purchased a powered sub and was going to install this week and I have 2 ways to hook it up...the RCA outs might be easier.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anybody know if the 7" has RCA output? I purchased a powered sub and was going to install this week and I have 2 ways to hook it up...the RCA outs might be easier.
No RCA on the OEM radios. Going to need to go aftermarket for a DSP setup to get RCA's

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
We have been running the fire roads in the national forest and there is no cell phone reception at all. The 8.4 inch Navigation has an option to turn on all the fire roads and their names, and only needs GPS to work, so, it has been extremely useful to map out my routes in real-time. I do not know if the 7" has this feature, but, for me, where I live, it is very useful and has given me confidence to go up ridges where turning around is very difficult.
Sponsored

Last edited: