A bumper that I actually like....buttttt

Rein89

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Made in China for a Japanese company it looks like. Quality should be pretty good in that case, but that's pretty pricy for a non steel bumper. Looks good though!

Edit: I'm not seeing a country of origin on the website. It's possibly made in Japan being a Japanese company. If so quality should be top notch.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Aluminum or fiberglass are fine for city driving, but if you're going to do anything off-road where it's even a little conceivable that you could have to winch yourself out or use a recovery strap, wouldn't it be much, much better to be using a steel bumper with tow hooks that are bolted to that steel? I wouldn't think that aluminum or fiberglass would be of much use if you had to put much pressure on that bumper at all.
If the aluminum is 6061-T6 and is 3/16" or 1/4", no worries.

Savvy Off Road builds aluminum bumpers and they are plenty tough. They make some other cool aluminum stuff too.

cjellan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Executive
I've had this American made Addictive Desert Design on order since June 1st. Rumor has it that it'll ship next week.
Jeep-Wrangler-JL-and-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-full-length-front-bumper.jpg
Huge fan of these! Did you get it installed yet? I am looking to get the same one, but was trying to figure out if I'll have to lose my stock sway bar skid plate.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Worried because it's made in China? Where do you think most of our stuff is made including the steel Americans use to make stuff? I think alot of American companies are just salesmen for Chinese goods.

Sponsored

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Worried because it's made in China? Where do you think most of our stuff is made including the steel Americans use to make stuff? I think alot of American companies are just salesmen for Chinese goods.
I would guess it really depends upon who is doing the QC checks and verifying that the product is what the customer paid for? I’ve worked with some guys in the past that traveled regularly to China to verify that the goods being produced meet the company standards (metallurgy is correct, glass is correct, do the QC tests catch a proper sample size, etc.). I was told that it’s like everywhere else, they have really great factories and a bunch that suck. However, to be fair, China doesn’t exactly help their image out when you see some of the horror stories in the news occasionally…

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Huge fan of these! Did you get it installed yet? I am looking to get the same one, but was trying to figure out if I'll have to lose my stock sway bar skid plate.
I ordered it June 1st and haven’t yet received it. I got the matching rear and installed it myself. Ill know more about a skid plate after I get it on.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I would guess it really depends upon who is doing the QC checks and verifying that the product is what the customer paid for? I’ve worked with some guys in the past that traveled regularly to China to verify that the goods being produced meet the company standards (metallurgy is correct, glass is correct, do the QC tests catch a proper sample size, etc.). I was told that it’s like everywhere else, they have really great factories and a bunch that suck. However, to be fair, China doesn’t exactly help their image out when you see some of the horror stories in the news occasionally…
I don't hear much negative press about China and I think they are heavily invested in American entertainment as well. China is a superpower that will soon be a greater force than America. It's not something Iam comfortable with but it's just a fact of life.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I went with Mopar off-road bumper. Note you have to buy all of the recommended parts

Jeep Gladiator A bumper that I actually like....buttttt 058B952E-1475-4313-AB8C-C318A7C1C830
That is a cool looking bumper, I do not think I have ever seen that one before. What is the part number?

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That is a cool looking bumper, I do not think I have ever seen that one before. What is the part number?
I think it is this one: https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/82215691ad.html

@RangerG , you mention you have to buy all the recommended parts. Does this mean that it does not work with the factory fog lamps? Do you have to replace the skid plate if you have the factory skid plate?

Edit: Answered my own question. Several of the items listed are actually replacement parts for the LED Fogs and the Rubicon steel plate. So, that's cool. Keep existing lights and skid plate, just buy the other pieces as needed.

Front Bumper Skid Plate - Mopar (82215183AB)
LED Fog Lights - Mopar (82215549)

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
I think it is this one: https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/82215691ad.html

@RangerG , you mention you have to buy all the recommended parts. Does this mean that it does not work with the factory fog lamps? Do you have to replace the skid plate if you have the factory skid plate?

Edit: Answered my own question. Several of the items listed are actually replacement parts for the LED Fogs and the Rubicon steel plate. So, that's cool. Keep existing lights and skid plate, just buy the other pieces as needed.

Front Bumper Skid Plate - Mopar (82215183AB)
LED Fog Lights - Mopar (82215549)
My truck had the LED light package. Had to modify the fog lamp brackets a lot

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
My truck had the LED light package. Had to modify the fog lamp brackets a lot
Also had to buy the skid plate for the front. It does not bolt up the same

Rein89

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Made in China doesn't bother me, but that's a lot for a fiberglass bumper...
From what I can gather it's made in Japan, not China. It's made for the Japanese Jeep market and looks to be sold/installed through their Jeep dealer networks. It's perfect for anyone that keeps their Jeep on the road. Nice looking bumpers that probably don't add any weight(possibly the opposite). If you own a Jeep in Japan it's most definitely a status symbol more than anything and you could afford it.

Jennesen has some other neat Jeep stuff if you check out their website, the problem would be trying to import it sense there's no distributor network outside of Japan.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Anyone else notice the bottom shackle mounts are sideways 90 degrees?... Must be a Japanese thing or soft shackles only.
Sponsored