OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, time for me to give more visual ideas on colors! I started by seeing what the JT looked like with the TJ colors, after that I did the same with the JL colors we cannot currently get on the gladiator, then I tried to replicate the color of the TJ tan (spice) hard top. Official colors will be listed where applicable, take a look!:

The first two are inspired by Pink Jeep Tours of Sedona Arizona!
YQfEQ74.jpg

9pdFEVZ.jpg

Concepts for custom paint job:
QwxJ7ID.jpg

7jECJ5q.jpg

This version has more blue:
qG3FRRr.jpg

P1Bej8g.jpg

Patriot Blue (TJ):
Fdbwdle.jpg

tXVDwkR.jpg

Ocean Blue (JL):
vJqSd1O.jpg

iFmF17S.jpg

Hydro Blue with tan top:
vQV1YmJ.jpg

Bikini (JL):
3MKhYPd.jpg

Yl4ua9H.jpg

Forest Green (TJ):
yVDz1Zd.jpg

dKaJVM0.jpg

Mojito! (JL):
nOm34JZ.jpg

3ClphoR.jpg

Solar Yellow (TJ)
jnIu3KC.jpg

LdJTsIT.jpg

Hellayella (JL):
OxsvDSA.jpg

r1xCRLN.jpg

Punk'n Orange:
RX7HtaT.jpg

Firecracker Red:
qDnpw5O.jpg

Flame Red (TJ):
UFkuyWS.jpg

QK2VuhS.jpg

Last edited:

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Ok, time for me to give more visual ideas on colors! I started by seeing what the JT looked like with the TJ colors, after that I did the same with the JL colors we cannot currently get on the gladiator, then I tried to replicate the color of the TJ tan (spice) hard top. Official colors will be listed where applicable, take a look!:

The first two are inspired by Pink Jeep Tours of Sedona Arizona!
YQfEQ74.jpg

9pdFEVZ.jpg

qG3FRRr.jpg

P1Bej8g.jpg

Patriot Blue (TJ):
Fdbwdle.jpg

tXVDwkR.jpg

Ocean Blue (JL):
vJqSd1O.jpg

iFmF17S.jpg

Hydro Blue with tan top:
vQV1YmJ.jpg

Bikini (JL):
3MKhYPd.jpg

Yl4ua9H.jpg

Forest Green (TJ):
yVDz1Zd.jpg

dKaJVM0.jpg

Mojito! (JL):
nOm34JZ.jpg

3ClphoR.jpg

Solar Yellow (TJ)
jnIu3KC.jpg

LdJTsIT.jpg

Hellayella:
r1xCRLN.jpg

Punk'n Orange:
RX7HtaT.jpg

Firecracker Red:
qDnpw5O.jpg

Flame Red (TJ):
UFkuyWS.jpg

QK2VuhS.jpg
I'm really digging that Purple!

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@MirMir Thanks, the purple was done as a concept for custom paint. Haven't decided if there is too much blue in it.

@LongTimeListener Any of the Gladiator factory colors that were posted include the tan top, to give an idea of what they would look like with it instead of the black or body matching paint.

Also, I was in a rush to post it due to an appointment, but I had intended to show HellaYella with the black hardtop as well due to it currently only being available on the JL, I'll add it in when I get home.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
"Rainbow post" updated with the alternate purple I'm toying with, the one origionaly posed being the one with more blue in it. Also added the blacktop for Hellayella.

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Does anyone else here besides me wish the gladiator was offered in all of the same colors as the JL (and vise-versa)? If I had a choice and were ready to buy today, I'd want to pick the darker shade of blue, referred to as Ocean Blue, as apposed to the the tone we get, Hydro Blue if I had the option to do so. How about the rest of you, would you like to see a factory JL color on the Gladiator that isn't on our choice list?
If they had Purple or Mojito, I'd create another poll on which to get

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
The thing is though, the Gladiator pretty much is a Wrangler in every way except the model name, especially if you consider the whole Scrambler evolution concept, so it feels like this should be an exception to that idea.
The Gladiator is certainly not a Wrangler in every way except the model name. They are two very different vehicles that happen to share some commonality in components, but painting the Gladiator with a broad brush like that is misleading. So being as they are two different models it makes sense to have two different sets of color options with some commonality between the two (e.g. Punk'n, Billet Silver, etc.). It would had been nice if we were offered some variant of Deep Beryl Green and Copperhead Pearl.

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Gladiator is certainly not a Wrangler in every way except the model name. They are two very different vehicles that happen to share some commonality in components, but painting the Gladiator with a broad brush like that is misleading. So being as they are two different models it makes sense to have two different sets of color options with some commonality between the two (e.g. Punk'n, Billet Silver, etc.). It would had been nice if we were offered some variant of Deep Beryl Green and Copperhead Pearl.
Let's not forget that before the model name was revealed, that's exactly what people were referring to it as, a Wrangler pickup. The way I see it, the JT is to the JLU as the JLU is to the JL, with a 5 foot box on the back instead of enclosed cargo storage, which could end up being true anyway with an appropriate shaped hardtop. From what I've gathered so far, everything from the rear doors forward is identical to the JLU. With the exception of the expanded grille mesh, which could easily be applied to a JL.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
@Elanachan - Really nice renderings! Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Loved my Rescue Green Wrangler. Otherwise I'm a turquoise or periwinkle girl.

And since those aren't available, I went with Firecracker Red.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Love the Solar Yellow, personally.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
Let's not forget that before the model name was revealed, that's exactly what people were referring to it as, a Wrangler pickup. The way I see it, the JT is to the JLU as the JLU is to the JL, with a 5 foot box on the back instead of enclosed cargo storage, which could end up being true anyway with an appropriate shaped hardtop. From what I've gathered so far, everything from the rear doors forward is identical to the JLU. With the exception of the expanded grille mesh, which could easily be applied to a JL.
I don't disagree that Wrangler pickup is fitting, but there are quite a few differences between the two. The cab behind the front seats is completely new. The cab on the outside is completely different as well.

The big noticeable difference are the axles. JL Sport and Sahara have d30 front/d35 rear axles, with only the rubi getting D44s front and rear. The JT has D44s front and rear, with the Rubi getting lockers.

I do like your color charts. Would have liked a yellow myself, or punkin, but I wasn't waiting so went red. Mojito would have been nice too.

ATLTiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
My TJ was Patriot blue and I wish they offered it on the Gladiator
Sponsored