First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jl, 2018 ram 1500, 2014 jetta
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I finally have a full operational auto high beams setup on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler. It works exactly the way it suppose to, gives me a message that It is enabled when the stalk is moved forward and disabled when I move it forward a second time. The headlights dim when another vehicle is approaching, and it pretty cool. It even dims when my highbeams are on and the other vehicle doesn't even have their headlights even on. To get the messages, I had to flash the speedo frimware from a 2019 to a 2020 wrangler. This is a good indication that Mopar never intended to put auto highbeams on the 2019 wrangler (and probably gladiator also). Keep in mind, the auto highbeams works off the acc system. PREREQUISITE for auto highbeams is a functional ACC system.

My ACC works flawlessly. It works just like you would expect it to.

Thanks to all those helped me get ACC working on my 2019 jeep wrangler and auto highbeams. That was a fun adventure :)
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I finally have a full operational auto high beams setup on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler. It works exactly the way it suppose to, gives me a message that It is enabled when the stalk is moved forward and disabled when I move it forward a second time. The headlights dim when another vehicle is approaching, and it pretty cool. It even dims when my highbeams are on and the other vehicle doesn't even have their headlights even on. To get the messages, I had to flash the speedo frimware from a 2019 to a 2020 wrangler. This is a good indication that Mopar never intended to put auto highbeams on the 2019 wrangler (and probably gladiator also). Keep in mind, the auto highbeams works off the acc system. PREREQUISITE for auto highbeams is a functional ACC system.

My ACC works flawlessly. It works just like you would expect it to.

Thanks to all those helped me get ACC working on my 2019 jeep wrangler and auto highbeams. That was a fun adventure :)
Okay, short version, what do you think it would take to get Auto Highbeams working on my Overland? It is a early 2019 version with ACC/FCW installed and working. I tried the changes outlined using AlfaOBD. It now shows the option in the head unit, but it doesn't activate.

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jl, 2018 ram 1500, 2014 jetta
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Okay, short version, what do you think it would take to get Auto Highbeams working on my Overland? It is a early 2019 version with ACC/FCW installed and working. I tried the changes outlined using AlfaOBD. It now shows the option in the head unit, but it doesn't activate.

Short version is: Replace the firmware on your BCM from a 2020 BCM. Then replace the firmware on your IPC (speedo cluster) to the 2020 IPC.

warning: Don't forget to backup your existing configuration before you replace anything.
Sponsored