Sponsored

Accuracy of the TPMS

• Thread starter Deleted member 24880
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Deleted member 24880

So just how accurate do you think the TPMS system is on the Gladiators? I have been playing with my tire pressures trying to find the happy medium with highway and country Road driving comfort. It’s been crazy hot here and I know psi will change when the tires get hotter but the other morning pressure actually went down a couple psi after a 30 minute drive. Anyhow just wondering what people think about the TPMS system and really is 3-5 psi change that big of a deal? I’m running Nitto RG 35x12.5x20s. tried psi from 25-35 so far. Thanks!
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mine normally goes down about 2 Psi while driving, from being parked. I was running 33psi but actually changed mine to 43 in the front and 44 in the rear today and found that the JT rides much nicer with the higher PSI. I was used to setting it at 33 when I had the JKU but the JTs a different animal.

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I check my tire pressure in my garage when waking up in the morning once a week or so. I try to get the best cold pressure reading as possible and fill them up then with my compressor. That usually helps keep everything accurate to spec.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Anytime you run regular air in a tire especially ones with even larger air volume you are going to fluctuate. This can be reduced by a lot if you run nitrogen and typically you only see 1-2 psi changes. I have noticed that with air and 33” tires I get 4-5 psi from highest pressure to lowest like early summer morning to the peak temps of the day but Lee in mind that is a temp change of 25-35 degrees difference. Hard to justify nitrogen in Jeep tires if you off road much at all Because you would want to reduce pressure for traction and once you backfill with air the benefit of nitrogen is quickly lost. As for the original question I think the TPMS sensor is just as accurate as a digital gauge could be. Pretty standard method of measurement that has been around a long time. I would guess they are accurate to within 1 or less psi.

Sponsored

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
My sensors and 2 gauges all work within about 1-1.5PSI. At least is warm weather.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Mine run 2 psi over, but have only checked with digital pump at the gas station and cheap gauge at home. Both read 36 while the TPMS reads 38.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Mine seem dead on according to my pressure gauge.
Sponsored